Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itsbythe405

Can't install drivers for T230 Tuner on Windows 7

Can't install drivers for T230 Tuner on Windows 7

When I plug the device into my laptop, I get an error message telling me the drivers failed to install.  I then look in device manager and see "EyeTV Stick" under Other Devices.

I then tried removing the device and manually downloading and installing the drivers.  I can download the drivers from the website and go through the setup, but when it almost finishes installing everything, I see the message "rolling back action" and then Windows tells me the driver may not have installed correctly.

Afterwards, I plug the device into my laptop and it says it successfully installed. I look at my device manager and I see "DVB-T/T2/C USB Stick" under Sound, Video, and game controllers.

I then try to run VLC and load a capture device, but it doesn't detect it.

I figured it out. It turns out the drivers installed fine after I did the steps outlined in my first post. I just needed to use something like Windows Media Center or MediaPortal to initially configure the device. WMC is a lot more user friendly, so it should immediately see the device as a DVB-T tuner and walk you through the steps. It's more work with Mediaportal, but the upside is that it's easier to see the frequencies which you can manually enter into VLC; I used the below website to figure out how to manually enter the frequencies into VLC that I read from MediaPortal.

https://davidzou.com/articles/streaming-watching-digital-tv-dvb-t-with-vlc