delacosta78

How to burn the original firmware on the ATV495Max the right way using Amlogic USB Burning Tool

How to burn the original firmware on the ATV495Max the right way using Amlogic USB Burning Tool

Thanks to @vicom, there is a way to burn the original firmware on the ATV495Max using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool without errors, here are the steps:

1) First, download the original Android TV 7.1 firmware from here:

https://mega.nz/#!4agVjYzY!ZaKW09xrGjaHvveNKRH1FMhoqqz7_-PlF-GIG5pgHQM

2) Download the Amlogic USB Burning Tool from here:

https://androiddatahost.com/wp-content/uploads/Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.6.8.zip

3) Once you install the software, follow first the instructions on this YouTube video along with the instructions provided by @vicom:

1. Untick "CheckImg" option under "File" on the tool
  2. Import the firmware
  3. Proceed flashing as per normal process
  4. The process will get stuck at 98% and eventually FAIL . You will get a " UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error".....Don't be alarmed

1. image.png.b9f870f39bcad7898a5b1ae39a6f0406.png

1. Click "Stop"
  2. Unplug USB cable and Unplug power cable
  3. Connect a keyboard on one of the USB ports
  4. Hold down the button on the bottom side of the unit (reset button) and Plug back the power cable (keep the button still held down)
  5. Keep the button down, the front LED will turn from RED to BLUE only then release it
  6. You will be dropped into the Android Recovery screen
  7. Select "Wipe data/factory reset" and press enter
  8. Select "Yes" and press enter
  9. Select "Reboot system now"
  10. Bob's your Uncle!!!

1. image.png.4d218ec829696cf70892f6fab161079a.png

Do you still have the one downloaded maybe you can upload that one and have new link created?

Also what was the exact file name of that firmware maybe I can look for it?

I don't have the file but you can search for mygica atv495max original firmware over the internet, that's how I found it in the new zealand mygica website but the link was replaced by the buggy 9 firmware instead.

I have the original file because I downloaded it for incase. When I got the box I wanted netflix so i downloaded the patch firmware. And also the 7.1 firmware. But I am unable to get it into the tool. I get create workflow xml file failed. Very frustrating as I tried the version 9 which screwed up my ATV495X. I will gladly upload the 7.1 firware somewhere for other members but i'm failing to get it to work

On 12/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, WynandJVR said:

I have the original file because I downloaded it for incase. When I got the box I wanted netflix so i downloaded the patch firmware. And also the 7.1 firmware. But I am unable to get it into the tool. I get create workflow xml file failed. Very frustrating as I tried the version 9 which screwed up my ATV495X. I will gladly upload the 7.1 firware somewhere for other members but i'm failing to get it to work

Care to share 7.1 firmware?

Please can anyone share the ATV495Max stock firmware. I contacted Geniatech and they said they will give me file but its been months and no one replied back.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:00 PM, delacosta78 said:

Thanks to @vicom, there is a way to burn the original firmware on the ATV495Max using the Amlogic USB Burning Tool without errors, here are the steps:

https://androiddatahost.com/wp-content/uploads/Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.6.8.zip

3) Once you install the software, follow first the instructions on this YouTube video along with the instructions provided by @vicom:

2. Import the firmware
  4. The process will get stuck at 98% and eventually FAIL . You will get a " UBOOT/Partition system/Verify patition/Error".....Don't be alarmed

1. Click "Stop"
  4. Hold down the button on the bottom side of the unit (reset button) and Plug back the power cable (keep the button still held down)
  5. Keep the button down, the front LED will turn from RED to BLUE only then release it
  10. Bob's your Uncle!!!

Please share the original firmware file if you can. I bricked my 495max and cant revive it without file.

I know this post is quite old but could you share that firmware again? the link does not work

On 10/9/2019 at 8:00 PM, delacosta78 said:

2. Import the firmware

1. Click "Stop"
  10. Bob's your Uncle!!!

On 11/20/2020 at 12:39 AM, Pingu said:

Please share the original firmware file if you can. I bricked my 495max and cant revive it without file.

TO ANYBODY THAT CAN HELP ME! CAN HAVE SUPPORT FROM MYGICA. TRIED ALL WAYS POSSIBLE!
I have bought a MyGica 
iGrabber USB Video Capture for MAC. I can't install the software due to compatibility with my OS Version (Software for Mac OS Big Sur V11.4 (20F71)). Is there any update, hack, suggestion or any other way to be able to use it?

Daniel Costa

55 31 991571313 (Whatsapp)