Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

HiDTV Android App for http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/topic/70-hidtv-android-app-for-the-a680b-usb-to-atsc/the A680B USB to ATSC

****PLEASE NOTE THIS IS CURRENTLY A BETA FILE, AND NOT OUR OFFICIAL RELEASE**

**New Version 2.20** **RELEASED MAY 9TH, 2014**

Changes:

- Channel changing has been fixed

- Added signal meter for each channel

Can be downloaded at the bottom of this post.

**The Hi DTV currently only worked for the previous single core models**

**This latest APK file will now allow your A680B to work for these current Dual Core Models: ATV400, ATV1200 and ATV520E**

Instructions on how to install this app:

1. Download this zip file onto your computer and the un compress this onto your Desktop.

2. Transfer the Hidtv_mx_2.20.apk file to either a External SD or Micro SD card, or a USB External device

3. Safely Remove the external storage device from your computer

4. Connect the External SD or USB device to any of the MyGica models listed above

5. Wait One minute for your External Storage device to load up onto your Android box.

6. Now on the main screen menu, you will see an app listed as App Installer, using your remote, open this app up. A pop up will be displayed, asking you if you want to install apps from Local Media or External Storage Device, you will select External Storage Device. The android apps that are installed on your external storage device will now be displayed.

7. Highlight the AIR PLAY icon and click OK with your remote, a new pop up screen will ask if you would like to Install this app. Highlight the option INSTALL, and click OK with your remote, this app should install within 30-60 seconds.

8. Once installed, this app will give you 2 options, Done and Open. Highlight Open and click OK with the remote

9. Make sure you have your A680B connected to your Over the Air Antenna, and now plug in the USB part to your Mygica Android device.

10. You will be prompted to scan the channels, scanning takes about 3-5 minutes, once the channel scan is done click the return button on the remote and your channels should appear.

11. Now you can enjoy Over the Air Channels on your Mygica Android TV box for 3 Dual Core Models.

HiDTV_MX_2.2.0.zip

hi justin its shanpal how can i record using HIDTV STICK USING MY GICA 1200

You will need an External SD card in order to record. Once installed, which ever channel you are on, using the remote just hit the OK button, and go to the left and click OK on the record icon, then your program should start to record, follow the same procedure to stop recording.

I just purchased an ATV1200 with a A680B HDTV stick yesterday. I install the app above but when I run HiDTV on the ATV1200 I get the following error. "Unfortunatly HiDTV has stopped". I am running Android 4.1 on the ATV1200 (out of the box).

I just purchased an ATV1200 with a A680B HDTV stick yesterday. I install the app above but when I run HiDTV on the ATV1200 I get the following error. "Unfortunatly HiDTV has stopped". I am running Android 4.1 on the ATV1200 (out of the box).

Try uninstalling the app and re installing it again.

If you get the same issue, then try a factory reset, and then install the app.

I tried the reinstall a couple of times previously, no luck. I did a factory reset and installed it again as suggested...same results. Is there any kind of driver required for the A680B stick on the AVT1200 (I'm new to the android world) other than the HiDTV apk file?

I tried the reinstall a couple of times previously, no luck. I did a factory reset and installed it again as suggested...same results. Is there any kind of driver required for the A680B stick on the AVT1200 (I'm new to the android world) other than the HiDTV apk file?

Which version of Android came with your 1200

4.1 or 4.2?

It advertised as 4.1 but when I looked at config on the device it says that it's 4.2.

Ok

I will have to ask for an update for a new APK file that supports 4.2

I will push to have it ready by Wed of next week.

Sorry about this.

That would be great!

Just got the new file update this morning

However it needs to be re done, it wont detect the ATSC tuner.

I can't unzip the file. "The file was damaged and cannot be decoded" is the message I get,

Try downloading it again.

Justin,

Is the update for the A680A tuner for version 4.2.2 ever going to happen? One of the main reasons I bought myGica was to utilize the ASTC tuner with it. I purchased my 1200 and A680A as a package, assuming it would work as advertized. I will need to look for other OTA tuner/PVR options if I can't get this to work.

Justin,

Is the update for the A680A tuner for version 4.2.2 ever going to happen? One of the main reasons I bought myGica was to utilize the ASTC tuner with it. I purchased my 1200 and A680A as a package, assuming it would work as advertized. I will need to look for other OTA tuner/PVR options if I can't get this to work.

We only have a working App for this tuner when using it on Android 4.1. The 4.2 version still not available.

We are working on a new ATSC to USB tuner which is model #A681, which will work on our Dual Core boxes running Android 4.2 and our Quad Cores running Android 4.4

Email me at support@mygica.ca I will try to help you with this better.

Thanks

Is there any type of time frame on when the new ATSC to USB tuner which is model #A681 will be available???

Hope to have before the new year.

I will try and throw up a demo video of what we have currently been working on in a box version which is the ATV 1220 ATSC box, which is basically our ATV 1200 with the ATSC tuner built into it.

The tuner and app for the ATV 1220 will be the exact same as the external USB to ATSC A681 tuner, so everything we have been working on for the ATV1220 will port over to the A681 Tuner

Hello I'm anew user of the A680B I've followed the instructions on how to get it working with my ATV 520E on android 4.1 but it's not scanning for channels. Ialso did not see an air play app to be installed as was mentioned in the how to manual.