Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

ATV1810 and ATV1900

Hi Guys, will the comming ATV1810 be a S812 chipset with HDMI in?

Also will there be OTG ports on both the ATV1810 and 1900?

ATV 1900 will use the S812 chipset, with no HDMI In

I will have to get confirmation on whether or not the ATV 1810 uses the S812 or S802 chipset, I am preety sure it uses the S812. This model will have HDMI IN.

I have not seen OTG ports on either of these, will find out if they can be.

@Justin, OTG port is really important for me ... And I'm sure a few other users ou there.

Can you share your use for it?

Im just curious since I have never come across having to use OTG before

The OTG port can be used if the box becomes bricked and the internal NAND becomes corrupted.

This is useful for users if they brick their boxes and cannot afford to send them back for support.

The AML Flash tool can flash a UBOOT and FW on a bricked box if the pinhole method doesn't work.

The OTG port can be used if the box becomes bricked and the internal NAND becomes corrupted.

This is useful for users if they brick their boxes and cannot afford to send them back for support.

The AML Flash tool can flash a UBOOT and FW on a bricked box if the pinhole method doesn't work.

Ok that is a good feature.

I was informed last week they are looking to have this feature added to all of our Quad Cores, even without no current OTG port on any of the models.

It will be a conversion using a regular USB port.

Ok that is a good feature.

I was informed last week they are looking to have this feature added to all of our Quad Cores, even without no current OTG port on any of the models.

It will be a conversion using a regular USB port.

Same as minix x6, one of the regular usb ports is otg

Is there a rough release date on the 1810 yet? Been something I've wanted to buy for a while, but not much information has been released about it, especially when it will be released.

The Ugoos UT3 is tempting but the 1810 looks like the better device, and probably worth waiting for.

Is there a rough release date on the 1810 yet? Been something I've wanted to buy for a while, but not much information has been released about it, especially when it will be released.

The Ugoos UT3 is tempting but the 1810 looks like the better device, and probably worth waiting for.

We currently do not have a release date yet for this model under the MyGica name.

Will update once I know more.....

Yep I am a nooby and didn't think of the OTG port when I bought my 1800e. I WILL need more boxes ones I getc this stuff figured out and running for the family. All other units I get must have this ability.

Justin,

Will the TV1810 and ATV1900 also be GMS certified?

Thanks

Technically it is our ATV 582 that is GMS certified. But we are able to use the firmware built for this across all of our current Quad Core models using the S802, S805 and S812 Chipset.

Justin, which quad core models will Mygica Canada be bringing in?

If I'm not mistaken there are 6 ones on offer from Geniatech :D

For the first half of 2015 we plan to bring in the following under the MyGica name. Things might change in the second half of 2015, although probably wont as we try to keep the same models year around.

ATV 1800E - 2015 Edition with added Bluetooth and Dual Band Wifi

ATV 582 -2015 Edition with added Bluetooth

ATV 585 - Includes Bluetooth

ATV 1900AC

ATV 586 - Is ATV 585 with built in ATSC Tuner

We might also do the ATV 1810 with HDMI In, but not sure how big of a market this model will have.

Please note Geniatech has a lot of models listed on there website, but that is to give many different options for there OEM and ODM customers. We use only a select amount of models under the MyGica Brand.

Was there a model you were interested in that I missed?

Thanks, no that pretty much sums it up. It's good to know as I always enjoy product offerings from Mygica.

You seemed to have covered all the chipsets and options one could wish fo. Just push for that OTG port, it could save us a lot of hassle if the boot loader is corrupt etc :D

Thanks, no that pretty much sums it up. It's good to know as I always enjoy product offerings from Mygica.

You seemed to have covered all the chipsets and options one could wish fo. Just push for that OTG port, it could save us a lot of hassle if the boot loader is corrupt etc :D

Yes I mentioned OTG port. Not sure if it will be added to future designs.

i just read the original post asking about the otg usb port

what you really need is a slave port for reflashing the box

an otg port can switch between master and slave, and is useful when there is only one port available like on a smart phone

it would be a master if you wanted to connect to a usb printer or scanner

and it would be a slave when uploading data to a computer

there are already four master usb ports on the box, so an otg port is not really needed

i just read the original post asking about the otg usb port

what you really need is a slave port for reflashing the box

an otg port can switch between master and slave, and is useful when there is only one port available like on a smart phone

it would be a master if you wanted to connect to a usb printer or scanner

and it would be a slave when uploading data to a computer

there are already four master usb ports on the box, so an otg port is not really needed

Yeah I gathered that, managed to flash it via AML burning tool and OTG cable. Thanks for the explanation and clarification.