Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ikolsteren

Plex DTS Supported Products

I purchased a Enjoy ATV 582 and it looks similar to the MyGica. I am going to return it and get a myGica box but before I purchase I want to find out if I can have Plex DTS support using the internal video player (not using external option in Plex)

The Enjoy box was the only way to have DTS support from what I saw.

Had the options set for HDMI passthrough - Dolby Digital works just fine

In the MyGica product lineup is there a product that would fit my needs?

I could support SDIF if not possible with HDMI although not the preferred option

XBMC and MXPlayer worked with DTS and another android based player (Pivos) worked as well - the Pivos is old and that is the unit I wish to replace

I purchased a Enjoy ATV 582 and it looks similar to the MyGica. I am going to return it and get a myGica box but before I purchase I want to find out if I can have Plex DTS support using the internal video player (not using external option in Plex)

The Enjoy box was the only way to have DTS support from what I saw.

Had the options set for HDMI passthrough - Dolby Digital works just fine

In the MyGica product lineup is there a product that would fit my needs?

I could support SDIF if not possible with HDMI although not the preferred option

XBMC and MXPlayer worked with DTS and another android based player (Pivos) worked as well - the Pivos is old and that is the unit I wish to replace

DTS on MyGica is only supported through Apps supplying the software decoding for it, such as XBMC and MX Player as you mentioned with DTS.

Since Plex is available through the Play Store, I doubt it would support DTS, as this is one of the reasons why XBMC is not available on the Play Store. (Due to XBMC not paying rights to Dolby and DTS)

Our boxes only support Dolby through HDMI via Hardware decoding, DTS can only be supported by Software decoding based on what I said above.