Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifeisfun

4 months on the market, no updates?

When will we see some useful firmware updates and working XBMC that can play 1080p content?

Also why is this device not rooted as the ATV 520/e ?

There is many disappointed owners waiting for some progress!

This model was brought out as a Quad Core Android TV box only. It was not promoted as a box that works with XBMC.

Since its based on the Rockchip processor, Mygica was un able to get Hardware decoding to work properly with this device, which is why they decided not to promote it with XBMC. Normally all products Mygica carries for Android TV Boxes are all using the AMLOGIC processors,

A lot of our customers have told us that XBMC 13.0 Gotham works great with this model for all video resolutions, you can download the latest version at www.xbmc.org

Well, you need to check your self since it doesn't work properly with Gotham 13 beta 3 if you have 1080p content with 5.1 audio

Also other brands with the same chipset do have XBMC version that uses hardware decoding (Minix Neo X7)

Why don't you provide rooted firmware?

As stated before, this model was released with no XBMC pre installed, and was not promoted to work with XBMC. Minix NEO X7 is promoted to work with XBMC, and there engineers must have worked on getting XBMC Hardware decoding to work with there product.

Mygica in China has told us they do not plan to support this model for XBMC, so therefore if it does not work with 1080p with 5.1 audio, there is not anything we can do for this, since this model was not made for XBMC.

I will inquire with Geniatech in obtaining rooted firmware for this model.

580xbmc.jpg

Hi

I clicked on the link you provided, could not find the screen captured image you show above

Mygica puts the XBMC logo onto all there gift boxes for each of there products that support XBMC, and the ATV580 does not have this logo.

However we just received a new update for XBMC 13.0 that was made for Android 4.2, but this is meant for the AM LOGIC 8726 Dual Core chipset, this was provided by MY GICA, if you like you can try it on your ATV 580, this was compiled on April 7th, 2014, so its the latest version available from MYGICA

You must uninstall your current version first before you load this one

The link is here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oa01mbvxa78u ... 140407.apk

Hi

Yes sorry was looking for it in the product images, that image was in the description.

Please try the newer version of XBMC 13.0 I provided in my previous post.

Geniatech has told us themselves they have no plans to support this model for XBMC, I have personally tried this model myself and did not find XBMC installed onto it, so that image you posted must just be a mistake on there part.

If you want to try and get further support for this model in regards to XBMC, please email support@mygica.com

We wont have anymore support for this model in regards to XBMC.