Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cha_kumar

Android - 5.0 Lollipop

Our Quad Core models will be able to update to Android 5.0 Lolipop.

As for a release date, nothing is decided on at this time.

The current 5.0 Lolipop that was given to us from AMlogic is very bugy, so it it going to take sometime to work on it.

I do not even have a copy of this yet, only know that our engineers in China have it and are working on it.

Hey Justin very happy with my 1800 unit and I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need download the February update or can I just wait until the lollipop firmware is released and update then?

2. I saw a mygica demo video with lollipop stating the lollipop firmware would be released in march sometime - is this information still correct?

Thanks

Hey Justin very happy with my 1800 unit and I have 2 questions:

1. Do I need download the February update or can I just wait until the lollipop firmware is released and update then?

2. I saw a mygica demo video with lollipop stating the lollipop firmware would be released in march sometime - is this information still correct?

Thanks

1. The February update is Beta, so update it if you feel like it. Lollipop wont be offered till April id say. And we plan to still have firmware available for 4.4 Android before then. So it is up to you on what you want to load and wait for.

2. I still dont even have a copy of Android 5.0, so I cant even comment on when it will be available. Based on that Geniatech tells me directly, they are looking at April, but dont hold me to any dates on this one.

Hi Justin if I download the march 31st firmware update for my 1800 - will I need to do the factory reset again for the lollipop update when that comes? If that's the case I'll just wait.

Ps why didn't you just let ppl wait for and release the lollipop update as it should be coming out soon instead of releasing the march update?

Thanks

Hi Justin if I download the march 31st firmware update for my 1800 - will I need to do the factory reset again for the lollipop update when that comes? If that's the case I'll just wait.

Ps why didn't you just let ppl wait for and release the lollipop update as it should be coming out soon instead of releasing the march update?

Thanks

I am not sure right now if the Android 5.0 release will require a factory reset or not.

And I released new update on 4.4 as we will continue to support firmware running this OS

Thanks for your quick replies - can't wait to check out lollipop when it arrives - not going to ask you the eta as you've been asked a million times already - thanks

Android 5.0 will be on display on our Quad Core boxes at the following Shows this month

- Spring Hong Kong Sourcing Fair in Hong Kong

- NAB Show in Las Vegas

Along with the ATV 586 with built in ATSC Tuner

Can't wait until you post the link to the lollipop software - is there anyway to be put on an email list - that way we can stop harassing you and once the email indicating the new lollipop software has been released we can just check the form for the link?!

No given date yet for Android 5.0 as I don't even have it to try for myself.

I will be in Las Vegas next week for NAB Show at Geniatechs booth, with the ATV 1900AC running Android 5.0 on display.

So I will see what kind of update I can get about when we can release it to the public

Any word on when the Android Lolipop 5.0 firmware will be available?

Looking to release Android 5.1 by the end of the month.

Still trying to work on 5.1 for older devices.

In the meantime, we have been able to create a fork of KODI 17 to work on Android 4.4, we will release it soon on the Playstore as MyGica Media Center. This is much easier to do then upgrading to Android 5.1
The source code will be released as well on Git Hub