Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Etienneglass

Atv1200 and kodi 14 helix official release

Good day. I installed kodi 14 official release on my atv 1200. All video seems to play zoomed into the upper left corner of the movie in xbmc. The right and bottom edges of the video seem to be off screen ? Like it's zoomed into the video and I can't stop it front doing that. The kodi menus are fine. Any thoughts? Anyone else tried kodi yet on these boxes? Also, is there any way to customize the default menu items so there's a kodi icon instead of xbmc in the shortcut ribbon in the mygica main menu assuming I get kodi to work? Thanks people!

Good day. I installed kodi 14 official release on my atv 1200. All video seems to play zoomed into the upper left corner of the movie in xbmc. The right and bottom edges of the video seem to be off screen ? Like it's zoomed into the video and I can't stop it front doing that. The kodi menus are fine. Any thoughts? Anyone else tried kodi yet on these boxes? Also, is there any way to customize the default menu items so there's a kodi icon instead of xbmc in the shortcut ribbon in the mygica main menu assuming I get kodi to work? Thanks people!

Have you tried adjusting the video settings within XBMC/KODI?

Also it seems they have changed there app signature and therefore the XBMC icon on the MyGica Launcher cannot be used for KODI. Which should mean you can have XBMC and KODI installed at the same time and use both.

Hi there. The settings for video within kodi like resolution are greyed out. No luck. Any ideas? Is mygica planning on supporting kodi 14 on their boxes? It seems to me like we will need a new fw to support kodi fully and seemlessly... Any thoughts ?

Are you using HDMI or RCA as your video output?

The resolution setting within XBMC will always be greyed out.

I myself have used 14.0 on a 1200 through HDMI and have not had any of the problems you are having. Also have heard feedback from customers with the same feedback.

Hdmi. Have tried reinstalling helix several times. Set box to factory settings and tried again. No luck

I will try it here on a few 1200s. See what I get.

I am having the same issue, just upgraded to Kodi Helix 14, regular home screen and all is the same however, the movies through any site ie: icefilms, phoenix etc when watching they are zoomed to one side of the screen, so the movie itself is playing larger than it is, have tried all settings under video settings and calibration etc, but nothing changes; Is MyGica going to support this version of Kodi if there is a fix please advise

The same happened to me - but then I was able to re-calibrate the display position by using the utility that came with the atv1200. I did upgrade the box earlier in the summer to 4.2.2 - can't remember if the utility exists in the original 4.1.

We will have a version of Kodi available for both Quad Cores and Dual Cores later this month.

The good thing about Kodi is you can actually still run Gotham at the same time as Kodi.

Experiencing the same issue. Bought this unit for Christmas and installed Kodi. Played with it for a few hours now with every option I could find within it trying to get my video playback to display entirely but like others have reported it's always zoomed in missing much of the screen output. Everything I tried so far has not worked. Glad to know my unit isn't defective and that there is going to be a fix.

I am not sure what is causing this issue with KODI, as I am not an engineer.

But it has been brought to the attention of our engineers in China, and they told me they plan to release MyGica edition of KODI this month.

So just be patient.

Just got the Kodi MyGica edition this week.

Will try it on Dual Cores on Monday. Only had the chance to display it on our Quad Cores while I was at CES.

Hi all. To fix the 'Zoom in/chopped off screen' problem in kodi helix v14, you need to go into Settings of your system and change the visual output from 1080 down to 720. Problem resolved. :)

The resolution setting inside XBMC for Android is always greyed out and cannot be changed. It uses the resolutin that the Android Kernel is built on, which in this case for Dual Cores is 720P.

As I have said before. Wait for a MyGica Edition of 14.0 Kodi, and use this version, as it will be customized to work properly on our boxes.

Helloall, im sorry but I actually have the 520 box. I was reading this thread because a box i had set up for a friend using Kodi 14 was suffering from the zoomed in picture issue. I didnt even realize this thread was discussing the 1200.

So what i said about it being greyed out may not apply to the 1200?

If you still need a pic anyways let me know and i will do so...

The 400 520 and 1200 all use the same firmware.

So there is essentially no difference between them besides hardware differences.