Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Molson

Learning the remote to my Samsung Tv

Ok, First of all, I want to say that I am loving this box more and more as I discover it's capabilities, I am wondering though, if the instructions are incorrect, or If I am not following them correctly to learn the remote to my Tv, I would like to use the TV section of the MYGica 1200 to pwr on and off my Samsung Tv. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

ok, so I must have been reading it wrong, thank you, problem solved. May I ask have you found a decent screensaver? I sadly have the mygica1200 hooked up to a plasma...lol Thank you for the fast response time.

ok, so I must have been reading it wrong, thank you, problem solved. May I ask have you found a decent screensaver? I sadly have the mygica1200 hooked up to a plasma...lol Thank you for the fast response time.

Good to know you got it working

When you say screen saver, do you mean Android Launcher?

no i mean an actual screen saver that could be setup to come on after 5 mins of inactivity etc. So i can try to avoid screen burn in.

In the settings menu under display you can set the screensaver to Never, 4 mins, 8 mins or 12 mins.

i have checked android settings,settingsmbox, and google settings, none of these have a screen saver option, my android version is 4.2.2 i believe that is the newest.

I have one more question too, and please tell me if you prefer that i make new posts with these questions, i dont want to break forum rules. I am having massive issues streaming, even a youtube music video buffers constantly, I hae the mygica1200 hardwired and i did a speedtest and I hit 24mbps wired and somehow 32mbps wireless, I am having streaming issues with youtube and xbmc, even downloading apps from the app store is ridiculously slow, do you have any suggestions on how I might correct this? Thank you.

i have checked android settings,settingsmbox, and google settings, none of these have a screen saver option, my android version is 4.2.2 i believe that is the newest.

Sorry I didn't realize this was for a 1200

Only our Quad Cores have the screensaver built in.

Check the Play Store for some Screensavers.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=screensaver

I have one more question too, and please tell me if you prefer that i make new posts with these questions, i dont want to break forum rules. I am having massive issues streaming, even a youtube music video buffers constantly, I hae the mygica1200 hardwired and i did a speedtest and I hit 24mbps wired and somehow 32mbps wireless, I am having streaming issues with youtube and xbmc, even downloading apps from the app store is ridiculously slow, do you have any suggestions on how I might correct this? Thank you.

We have had this brought up with few other users. Seem a few of you are getting better speeds on Wireless over Ethernet.

24mbps and 32mbps are actually quite fast connections, so I am not sure what you be causing the slowness. Are you using a VPN or Proxy?

We have a few 1200s on display in the office here, and we have a 50mbps connection, and do not experience slowness at all really.

Are you able to make the learning tv part of the remote for the 1200?

As I can't and the part where I point the remote to learn to the media box does nothing.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Are you able to make the learning tv part of the remote for the 1200?

As I can't and the part where I point the remote to learn to the media box does nothing.

Please advise and thanks in advance.

2.4 Remote Controller

Learning Key function setup instruction:

1. Press and hold the Power button inside the learning area (Button 13) for 6 seconds, the red indicator will change from ashing

to solid light.

2. Press any button inside the learning area, the red indicator will change from solid to slow ashing.

3. Hold the remote control you want to learn from (for example TV controller), point to the TV Remote IR sensor, within 3-5mm and press

the button you want to learn; The red indicator should quickly ash for 3 times then becomes solid light, this means the learning

is successful. (If there is no operation, the red indicator will slow ash for 10 secs they turns o and exit learning states)

4. To learn other buttons (within the learning area), just repeat step 2~3.

5. Once learning is finished, press any button outside of learning area to exit learning states and the red indicator will turn o.

thanks for replying, I figured it out as the manual says:

3. Hold the remote control you want to learn from (for example TV controller), point to the me

dia box, within 3-5mm and press the button you want to learn;

which does not work.