Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karim

Unable to get sound from mygica

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new sound bar, I have connected a PVR, Blu-ray player, and the mygica ATV-1200 to my television via HDMI cables. I connected the sound bar to the tv using the optical output. I get sound from my PVR and Blu-ray player on the TV output channel but nothing from mygica. If I connect the mygica straight to the sound bar using the optical output on the box the sound bar outputs sound. I want to get to work so that I don't have to change inputs on the sound bar whenever I use the mygica, or the Blu-ray or PVR. All of the sound should come through the one input (TV).

Hello,

I have recently purchased a new sound bar, I have connected a PVR, Blu-ray player, and the mygica ATV-1200 to my television via HDMI cables. I connected the sound bar to the tv using the optical output. I get sound from my PVR and Blu-ray player on the TV output channel but nothing from mygica. If I connect the mygica straight to the sound bar using the optical output on the box the sound bar outputs sound. I want to get to work so that I don't have to change inputs on the sound bar whenever I use the mygica, or the Blu-ray or PVR. All of the sound should come through the one input (TV).

The 1200 does not support external sound through HDMI only through Optical audio

That isn't correct, because I was able to get sound before I hooked up the sound bar from the TV when it was connected from the mygica to the TV via HDMI. I was getting full sound output.

That isn't correct, because I was able to get sound before I hooked up the sound bar from the TV when it was connected from the mygica to the TV via HDMI. I was getting full sound output.

Yes of course, hooked up to your TV will give you sound using HDMI

1200 doesn't support surround sound through HDMI. Sorry I should have said this the first time.

Thank you very much for your reply.

So I guess I'll have to switch between both output channels. One more comment, I wanted to consolidate my remotes, as I have an external usb connect keyboard all I use the remote for the mygica is for turning on the unit (the keyboard can turn off the unit). I would like to have the universal remote code so that I can program my universal remote to turn on/off the mygica. Its increasing clutter when I only use the remote for one button.

Also, why can't I turn on the unit using the keyboard (connected via USB, Logitech K400 keyboard)?

Thank you very much for your reply.

So I guess I'll have to switch between both output channels. One more comment, I wanted to consolidate my remotes, as I have an external usb connect keyboard all I use the remote for the mygica is for turning on the unit (the keyboard can turn off the unit). I would like to have the universal remote code so that I can program my universal remote to turn on/off the mygica. Its increasing clutter when I only use the remote for one button.

Also, why can't I turn on the unit using the keyboard (connected via USB, Logitech K400 keyboard)?

If the remote you are using is a learning remote, then you can do this.

The box can only be turned on using an IR sensor. Since the K400 Keyboard does not have this, you must use the IR remote.

Reason for this, is the usb dongle needs power in order to transmit with the keyboard.

This is why all our new external keyboards/mouse have an IR sensor built into now for ON/OFF.

These boxes use very low voltage, so leaving it on all the time won't hurt if you want to elminate the IR remote all together.

Hi Everyone!

I got my box yesterday and experienced and setup including the Media Center and everything worked incredible... Observed some programs..I powered the unit down and today I can't get any sound to push through to my Vizio sound bar. Can anyone help me with this.

Process this steps to fix sound on your MyGica Box

1. Select Settings on the top

2. Select Wifi

3. on top you have Four Options 3rd one should say Advanced Select it

4. Digital Audio auto-Detection turn it on it should change to PCM

That is all

just like this picture

20150504104457.png.eceaa772eba3b565add53074fb7bd493.png