Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

XBMC LINUX 510X Firmware with SD Card as External Storage

Please find a Beta file of the ATV 510x, which allows you to have all your video, program add ons etc stored onto an External SD Card when installing them for the first time.

This will free up a lot of memory on your 510x, and should make your box runs faster all the time. You only have to use this if your looking to have more then 10+ Video add ons while using XBMC.

Install the SPI First.

SPI:update_spi_mc_xbmc_clockdown_20130122.img

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwi9yu ... sp=sharing

Next Install the Firmware

FW:update-m3-20140321.img

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwi9yu ... sp=sharing

After installing, reboot the box, make sure you have an External SD Card installed when you are installing your video add ons etc, so they will save directly to your External SD Card.

We suggest a 2GB-4GB External SD Card is all that is needed for this.

**Please keep in mind that If your External SD Card is removed, your video add on's etc will not work**

** Please keep in mind this is still a beta file of XBMC Linux 12.0**

ATV 500 was not mentioned in the post. After I upgrade the ATV 500 box to XBMC 12.3, do I get to use an SD card for external storage as well please?

ATV 500 was not mentioned in the post. After I upgrade the ATV 500 box to XBMC 12.3, do I get to use an SD card for external storage as well please?

We only have this for ATV 510X

is anyway how to revert back to android

The ATV510X is Linux Based Kodi only and we do not have any files for Android

Hello. I am wanting to update my box from its existing Frodo to Kodi. If I install the SPI and Firmware in this thread, will that be the end result? Sorry, I'm not clear on this. If not (as is my sense), is there a way to install Kodi vs. previous versions of XBMC? Thank you.