Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knapps

atv585 makes my TV shut off

Got my atv585 in the mail today. .. within 5 minutes it shut my 46" Philips TV off, and it began blinking 3 times per interval. Only thing that got the TV back on again was cycling the power on the bar. Repeated this a couple of times. With the box plugged in, the TV shut itself off within 5 minutes.

With the box unplugged the TV is fine.

Any ideas? I'm nervous about plugging it into another TV. ...

thanks - naps

Got my atv585 in the mail today. .. within 5 minutes it shut my 46" Philips TV off, and it began blinking 3 times per interval. Only thing that got the TV back on again was cycling the power on the bar. Repeated this a couple of times. With the box plugged in, the TV shut itself off within 5 minutes.

With the box unplugged the TV is fine.

Any ideas? I'm nervous about plugging it into another TV. ...

thanks - naps

Are you using any CEC HDMI controls with your TV?

Or have you tried a different HDMI Cable? Also a different HDMI input on your TV.

The box only sends an audio and video signal through HDMI to the TV, so I am not sure what would be causing this.

Bought the atv585 2 weeks ago and ran through a somewhat similar problem.

Like the person above after installing this device my toshiba 36" turned off, the only way to turn it back on was to unplug it from the power outlet.

The first problem used to be just the tv being turn off but now the problem has pretty much progressed (only within 2 weeks too) Now, everytime the tv shuts off, when it does come back on the audio will be gone. And the shut downs have been very frequent now aswell. Just today, while trying to watch something the tv shuts down and when it came back on, the screen was in grayscale.

There are 3 HDMI slots at the back of my tv and we have tried it all and it does the same thing. We used the hdmi port that is included in the kit and produced the same problem. Used the ones that we have and still the same. We used the rca port and the shutdowns became less but it doesn't play the videos all the way, it shuts down whatever we are watching then takes us back to the menu. All of our remotes becomes useless once we try to turn on our tv when it shuts down.

Our tv is not the problem because everytime we remove the mygica device it goes back to normal and everything is functional again. We even tested our game consoles to see if the tv will react (which it never did prior to having thw device) badly after the many shut downs that has happened and its pretty much normal.

We have done everything that we could think of and even reached out to someone who did a video with the same model as ours and he is stomped as to what is happening as well.

Has there been a fix to this? We can't get through 10-15 minutes of running our ATV585 without or TV shutting on and off and our tv remote becoming unresponsive. It gets to the point where our tv will not turn back on until we unplug the Mygica unit from the tv.

For those of your with the issue of the ATV 585 shutting off your TV

Please email me at support@mygica.ca

I have a solution for this

Please note I can only offer this to customers within North America

Thanks

Justin

For those of your with the issue of the ATV 585 shutting off your TV

Please email me at support@mygica.ca

I have a solution for this

Please note I can only offer this to customers within North America

Thanks

Justin

I recently have been getting emails from users who have MXQ Boxes with the same issue.

We do not make or sell the MXQ, we only can do something for customers who have this issue and have the MyGica ATV 585

If you have a MXQ and it is giving you an issue about powering on/off your TV.

The only thing I can suggest is to go back to your seller for a replacement.

This is a hardware issue, not a software issue.