Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chas.simpson

connecting a Windows laptop

I just purchased an ATV 582 and yet to unbox it - reluctant to do so as I am may have to return it as I am not sure if I can obtain a wireless connection to my windows laptop which contains all of my media - movies etc.

Can someone please assist and let me know if it is possible and if so how to do so.

Many thx in anticipation:)

Note: - so far all I can see in the specs is referance to Android and Apple devices.

Thx - I now see the laptop and am trying to figure out how to access the media that is on it - asume this is a windows 7 configuration issue where I now have to make the media folder shared.

Thx Justin - very informative. I also have a Boxee Box and it currently sees my Windows laptop but when I try adding new to the ATV it fails to see it - this is selecting Windows network SMB - any thoughts - I rebooted both the laptop and the ATV and its driving me mad!

Thx Justin - very informative. I also have a Boxee Box and it currently sees my Windows laptop but when I try adding new to the ATV it fails to see it - this is selecting Windows network SMB - any thoughts - I rebooted both the laptop and the ATV and its driving me mad!

Try NAS. Not SMB