Jump to content
RichardDSmith

Cannot turn on wifi on my model 1800e

Recommended Posts

I am having a hard time to turn on the wifi on my Mygica ATV1800e. Through the advance window on wifi - I can click 'on' but it stay in the window 'wifi turning on' . It does not,

It was working fine yesterday and I am not sure what could have happened. I have other devices - phone, laptop, desktop which can all find the wifi. In the case of the 1800e it is not able to locate any networks...likely due to not being able to turn on the wifi.

Help please...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am having a hard time to turn on the wifi on my Mygica ATV1800e. Through the advance window on wifi - I can click 'on' but it stay in the window 'wifi turning on' . It does not,

It was working fine yesterday and I am not sure what could have happened. I have other devices - phone, laptop, desktop which can all find the wifi. In the case of the 1800e it is not able to locate any networks...likely due to not being able to turn on the wifi.

Help please...

Can you try going into "Other Settings" to turn on the Wifi and set it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have tried that and it sits telling me it is turning on wifi...it never does.

Can you try factory reset and try wifi again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I also am having that issue of no wifi after I updated it to the newest firmware (manually).... I only upgraded firmware because my wifi was <1Mbps download and over 10Mbps up and was hoping to fix the issue I was having with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the solution!!!!

1. Copy the firmware "NEW ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24" from this board on a SD Card, formatted in FAT32, und put that into the box.

2. Boot the system in the flash modus

3. Wipe factory reset - 3x

4. Wipe cache - 3x

5 Reboot the box. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

6. Format the SD Card and copy this boot sequence on the card: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt7h1C9 ( I became the link directly from Geniatech support)

7. Download this file: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqtK8BU and copy into the SD Card

8. Put the SD Card into the box

9. Reboot the box in the flash mode. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

Many thanks to Lucy and Elaine from Geniatech!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note to others.

I also had this problem after updating the firmware in my 1800e, I tried this solution, It didn't work for me. The solution I had was to return the unit to the retailer where I bought it, they tested it and gave me a new replacement unit.

No more firmware upgrades for me unless MyGica can assure me that this issue has been corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New firmware I have this week. I have tried on 10+ 1800E's, and my testing team tested on theres.

No issues with Wifi not working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great news Justin

So as well as allowing me to retain my WiFi, what else does the new firmware offer ? :lol:

JimTJ

Few details so far

1. New AMLogic Android SDK

2. New Kernel

3. KODI 14.1

Will list full change log once released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help needed, after atv582 manual  firmware upgrade WI-FI wouldn't turn on. Tried options from other settings as well. It allows button to go on. However, Wi-Fi stays off!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2015 at 11:50 AM, ProTV said:

I have the solution!!!!

1. Copy the firmware "NEW ATV 582/1800E UBoot and Firmware File 07/24" from this board on a SD Card, formatted in FAT32, und put that into the box.

2. Boot the system in the flash modus

3. Wipe factory reset - 3x

4. Wipe cache - 3x

5 Reboot the box. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

6. Format the SD Card and copy this boot sequence on the card: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nt7h1C9 ( I became the link directly from Geniatech support)

7. Download this file: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqtK8BU and copy into the SD Card

8. Put the SD Card into the box

9. Reboot the box in the flash mode. After install, go to Wifi connection. After 2 minutes, you can see your Wifi connections.

Many thanks to Lucy and Elaine from Geniatech!

Will my Gica ATV 582 still retain firmware upgrade to lollipop?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yusuf khan said:

Will my Gica ATV 582 still retain firmware upgrade to lollipop?

Not sure what you mean by this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2017 at 6:09 PM, Justin said:

Not sure what you mean by this?

What I meant was if ATV582 can be upgraded to lollipop firmware. Is ATV582 compatible with lollipop firmware. I had to downgrade back to KitKat 4.4 as it wouldn't allow me to turn Wi-Fi.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 7:46 AM, yusuf khan said:

What I meant was if ATV582 can be upgraded to lollipop firmware. Is ATV582 compatible with lollipop firmware. I had to downgrade back to KitKat 4.4 as it wouldn't allow me to turn Wi-Fi.  

ATV 582 is not compatible with the Lollipop firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 7:56 PM, NewLifestyleMentor said:

What about for the ATV 1800e?  It does me no good if this only works for the 582.

Will the 1800e's Wifi work on Lollipop?

Yes wifi will work on Lollipop

You can try the latest here
It works for us without issues on Wifi.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×