Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHutch9490

Wifi Issues, Ethernet not connecting

Hello, I received the ATV520E for christmas and it is really slow on WiFi so I plugged it in to the router, and it doesn't connect at all for some reason? I've tried turning the router and modem on and off, also switching off the WiFi under settings. Absolutely no idea why it's not working. It is showing that it is connected via ethernet, but when I try the browser or XBMC nothing loads, and I get a script error. WiFi is always buffering. I leave it alone for 20-30 minutes, start watching again and I get maybe 4? minutes of video before it buffers again. But when I go to project free tv and I stream something from my computer, I pause for 5-10 minutes and I am able to watch the show uninterrupted.

Hello, I received the ATV520E for christmas and it is really slow on WiFi so I plugged it in to the router, and it doesn't connect at all for some reason? I've tried turning the router and modem on and off, also switching off the WiFi under settings. Absolutely no idea why it's not working. It is showing that it is connected via ethernet, but when I try the browser or XBMC nothing loads, and I get a script error. WiFi is always buffering. I leave it alone for 20-30 minutes, start watching again and I get maybe 4? minutes of video before it buffers again. But when I go to project free tv and I stream something from my computer, I pause for 5-10 minutes and I am able to watch the show uninterrupted.

You turned on Ethernet settings in your Android settings menu

You must also have Wifi turned off while having Ethernet turned on

Try turning Ethernet on, and then unplug the power from the box and plug it back in, to see if it will connect to your ethernet.

Also, how good is your signal strength when using wifi? Are you close to your router?