Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa.S

Cannot view/load new add-ons

We just picked up ATV1200 box last night. When I try to add more add-ons, nothing appears. No list of add-ons. just black screen with those two little dots. Is there something blocking me from the list of add-ons? We have an android box (not sure of the model, just says android on it) and had problems with it, so on recommendation, we bought the Mygica atv1200. Everything works perfect on it, just can't view and load new add-ons at all.

Just making sure...

In the Confluence skin (blue background) for example, when you go to "Video" then "Files/Addons" under it, and you click on Addons, you don't see a "Get More" there somewhere?

I might be mistaken, I'm nowhere near a TV now, doing this from memory...

J

I'm having a similar issue. Just purchased an ATV380. It had XBMC pre-loaded but no add-ons. When I select an add-on and try to download, it either stops downloading around 97% and hangs up, or it doesn't move from 0%.

Tried my Apple TV just to see if it was working ok and was able to download an add-on no problem. Hoping it is some setting/configuration I am not aware of. Any ideas?

I see 'get more' and click on that. It then opens up the screen (same black screen you get when selecting links to watch a video/show) but no add-ons are listed. just two white dots.

Try force refreshing the repo

If you go to System>Get Add-ons> then click on a repository but it's empty it's a very simple fix. All this means is the developer has changed something and XBMC just needs to update the repo. There is a button called "Update Addons/Repositories" in the Total Installer and this will update them for you but it's just as simple to do it manually...

Go to the repository that's empty but do not enter it, just highlight it and bring up the context menu (3 lined buton on IR Remote) ('c' if using a keyboard). That will bring up the menu shown below, you just need to click on Force Refresh.

Once this is done it may take a little while to refresh (could be seconds or if you have a particularly slow device it could take a couple of minutes). To speed up the process click into the repository, if it's still showing as empty come back out and go back in again - repeat this until the list populates. Voila! Your repository should now be updated and you can install the latest updates :)

300fjva.png.8b2207c19a205a87a5ad6c8730965220.png

Thank you Justin! I will try this when I get home from work. Thank you for your detailed instructions, being new to this all, it is very much appreciated.

+1 for Total Installer

The quickest, easiest way to install an Addon thru XBMC. It can be installed (it's a program) via "install zip" feature under "System/Settings/Addons". You can either install from a zip file that you have or by aiming towards a "virtual" zip which is an http address that's always updated.

What do you have under System/settings/addons/all Addons/video Addons? Under "Get More" you should have had at least something...

J

we need to close this post, since its going towards 3rd party add-ons

and those are not allowed on this fourm