Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daroctrius

A680-W7 - Can't get any channels working (black screen)

Hi,

I've bought an HDTV Stick A680-W7 on amazon.ca last week and TotalMedia could'nt find any channels working.

The software found a few channels but they are all black or had a lock on it.

I'm with Videotron @ Sherbrooke.

http://www.illicotech.com/NumSherb.html

I've run a scan with Cable selected and an other with Antenna selected.

I've also tried with the Stick plugged on a VCR and on my Digital HD received... same result.

My OS is Windows 8.1

Are you plugging in an RG=6 Cable to the ATSC stick which has a live ATSC or QAM signal?

And have you tried this same cable line on your Televsion?

This stick requires you to have a QAM Cable TV signal, or an Outdoor Antenna for local over the air channels in order for it to scan in channels.

Yes a cable line is plugged on the ATSC stick.

I've run another scan and it found a few channels that i can watch.

Can the ATSC stick be plugged into my digital receiver (Channel 3)?

Ok sorry to hear you were unable to get this to work.

I have used this tuner myself on my laptop running Windows 7. and it works for me here and I was able to get in the same amount of channels on the tuner as I do on my TV's ATSC Tuner.

I just purchased the A680-W7 which i interned to use to display close circuit tv on my PC. When connected to the designated cc tv cable the scan picked up 50+ stations however it does not pick up my broadcast for channel 14 which is my cc station. When I plug into my tv directly it works. Is there anyway with this device to pick up this (possibly analog) signal. or is a different device / software needed? If so any recommendations?

I have a similar problem. I purchased the A680B in order to watch tv on my pc. When I hook up the device it scans a number of channels, but they are all shown as being locked and the signal strength is good. If I attach the cable directly to a tv (that is without any digital tuner) I can get the basic channels 1-12, however I am not able to get them through the A680B. The only thing that I can get through the A680B is a few music channels (no video).

My cable provider is Shaw in western Canada.

Any ideas as to how to unlock channels 1-12?

I have a similar problem. I purchased the A680B in order to watch tv on my pc. When I hook up the device it scans a number of channels, but they are all shown as being locked and the signal strength is good. If I attach the cable directly to a tv (that is without any digital tuner) I can get the basic channels 1-12, however I am not able to get them through the A680B. The only thing that I can get through the A680B is a few music channels (no video).

My cable provider is Shaw in western Canada.

Any ideas as to how to unlock channels 1-12?

You have to scan on your PC as QAM not ATSC

This tuner is mainly used for the Over the Air Antenna signal for Outdoor TV Antennas.

Cable TV runs on the QAM Analog signal which is being shut off by most TV providers like Rogers Cable, as they are going to the Digital signal.

This tuner will not be able to do Digital Cable TV, as they require authorization now for this, which means a monthly subscription.

Here in the Toronto area, Rogers has totally shut off the Analog stream and you need a converter box now which you can only get from Rogers.