Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jordan1200

Kodi 14.0 Heliz

Hi Everyone,

Totally new to smart tv boxes I just picked up an ATV1800E. I noticed it is running 13.2 Gotham. I assume this verosion is optimized correct? Has this unit been tested with 14.0 ? if not is there a reason why it is delated? How long before an expected update etc. Is it recommended I stay at 13.2? Someone told me that the only currently supported version is 14.0. Should I be worried about that?

What is the best/fastest way to get familiar with xbmc? Is there a consensus on what launcher is better and why?

We displayed 14.0 Kodi MyGica Edition this week at CES Show in Las Vegas

I will push to have it released this month, along with a new firmware update.

That wouled be great. How can I setup my myogica account on this forum to email responses to my participated threads?

We don't have this feature right now

I will ask our web manager if we can add this though.

Hi Justin - I am new to the TV Box community. I recently picked up a 1800e and I noticed it came preloaded with Gotham 13.1.

I would like to update to latest KODI version (14.0).

Do I have to complete successive updates: 13.1 to 13.2 and then 14.0? Or can I go straight from 13.1. to 14.0?

Also, should I update the firmware first before I update XBMC?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Justin - I am new to the TV Box community. I recently picked up a 1800e and I noticed it came preloaded with Gotham 13.1.

I would like to update to latest KODI version (14.0).

Do I have to complete successive updates: 13.1 to 13.2 and then 14.0? Or can I go straight from 13.1. to 14.0?

Also, should I update the firmware first before I update XBMC?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

It would be suggested to update to the latest firmware, which fixes bugs, and also has 13.2 with it.

You can run 14.0 and 13.2 at the same time if you want to as well.

So to answer your question, you can install 14.0 onto what you are currently using, or upgrade the firmware and install it onto there. You do not need to install 13.2 firstly to instal Kodi afterwards.

Hi Justin - Many thanks for the quick response.

I will update the firmware which will also update XBMC to 13.2.

I did not see a MyGica customized 14.0 version in the Downloads section. I am guessing that this is not released yet. Any idea when the MyGica customized Kodi (v 14.0) will be released?

Thanks again.

Hi Justin - Many thanks for the quick response.

I will update the firmware which will also update XBMC to 13.2.

I did not see a MyGica customized 14.0 version in the Downloads section. I am guessing that this is not released yet. Any idea when the MyGica customized Kodi (v 14.0) will be released?

Thanks again.

Plan to release it this month.

It will be included in a new firmware update.

Cool. :-)

If you mean this month being January 2015. I can wait 1 week for the new customized MyGica Kodi release. And go from Gotham v13.1 to Kodi v14.0 with the latest firmware version.

Great work to get this release done so quickly!

Hello Justin, When will the Kodi 14.1 with firmware update be released? Just got the 1800e and would like to make changes once I update the XBMC to current version. Thanks

Hello Justin, When will the Kodi 14.1 with firmware update be released? Just got the 1800e and would like to make changes once I update the XBMC to current version. Thanks

You can always install the current Official KODI Version from Kodi.tv

It will run separately along with XBMC.

Me and my team are testing firmware right now, hope to release this week.. But it might be with 14.0, still testing out 14.1