Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stpan8

Google TV remote app

Is there a way to get Google TV remote to work on the atv1800?

Under settings, there is an option to turn it on but I can't get the app on my tablet to recognize the atv1800.

Steve

Is there a way to get Google TV remote to work on the atv1800?

Under settings, there is an option to turn it on but I can't get the app on my tablet to recognize the atv1800.

Steve

We are working on making this work.

But the app that you will have to use is for the original Google TV remote. Not the current Android 5.0 TV remote that is in the Play Store. I don't think you can find it in the Play Store, but I have it as an APK file, and will upload it once we get it working.

I have tried the Android 5.0 TV Remote on our version of Android 5.0 on a ATV 1800E and it works great on here.

First of all, I would like to recommend you what's android tv box.Android tv box , also known as Android Smart TV box or google tv box, is Google 's announcement of a new product , which will be equipped with traditional TV box google android system introduced by connecting to the Internet , the television has become an intelligent mobile phones, tablet PCs like the intelligent platform, the Internet and television together, become a new entertainment system. You can install uninstall the software, games and other applications by yourself.

I have downloaded the Google TV remote app on my S7 and am battling to get it to connect to my device (ATV585 Quad Core Android)   If I switch the button off and on to have access to a Google Remote (on the device) it connects and stays connected for a minute or so and then loses connection.  It then says on my S7 that it cant find any devices on the network.

Why is it doing this?

3 hours ago, Mikedkck said:

I have downloaded the Google TV remote app on my S7 and am battling to get it to connect to my device (ATV585 Quad Core Android)   If I switch the button off and on to have access to a Google Remote (on the device) it connects and stays connected for a minute or so and then loses connection.  It then says on my S7 that it cant find any devices on the network.

Why is it doing this?

Try this remote

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcclient.RemoteIME&hl=en

It should work better.