Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

echan

Problems upgrading ATV1800e firmware

Hi,

I have a MyGica ATV1800e and I am trying to upgrade to the latest firmware dated 11/05

I have watched the video for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware. I inserted the SD card with the proper new firmware, pressed the upgrade button at the back and hold it there, then plug in the power cord. Everything was fine until I got into the recovery screen.

I cannot scroll down from the menu to select wipe data/factory reset. I was trying to use the remote that came with the box but it won't scroll down or let me select anything. It just won't do anything!!

I was pressing the up/down arrow on the remote, also try the volume up/down buttons and none of these works for letting me to select the option of "wipe data/factory reset" option from the screen in the recovery mode.

I did try the remote and it works normally when the machine is not in recovery mode. I also made sure that the remote has good battery and pointed to the box in a very close distance. Regardless of all the things that I try with the original remote, the remote just didn't function.

Please help.

Hi,

I have a MyGica ATV1800e and I am trying to upgrade to the latest firmware dated 11/05

I have watched the video for instructions on how to upgrade the firmware. I inserted the SD card with the proper new firmware, pressed the upgrade button at the back and hold it there, then plug in the power cord. Everything was fine until I got into the recovery screen.

I cannot scroll down from the menu to select wipe data/factory reset. I was trying to use the remote that came with the box but it won't scroll down or let me select anything. It just won't do anything!!

I was pressing the up/down arrow on the remote, also try the volume up/down buttons and none of these works for letting me to select the option of "wipe data/factory reset" option from the screen in the recovery mode.

I did try the remote and it works normally when the machine is not in recovery mode. I also made sure that the remote has good battery and pointed to the box in a very close distance. Regardless of all the things that I try with the original remote, the remote just didn't function.

Please help.

Is your SD card formatted to FAT 32, and only contain the files meant for the upgrade on the SD card with no other files on it?

The remote not working in recovery mode was fixed on our 09/25 firmware. You can hookup a USB keyboard and use that within Recovery Mode.

Thanks Justin for the reply about my problem for the upgrade.

I have used a USB keyboard as per your suggestion in your reply and it worked. I was able to navigate the menus with the up/down arrows on the keyboard and finished the upgrade.

However, after I finished the upgrade and reboot the my atv1800e, the remote conrol that came with the box is no longer working. I can only use a wireless mouse/keyboard to make it work.

How can I fix the original remote that came with the box not working after upgrading to the 11/05 Firmware?

Furthermore, does the 11/05 update suppose to update the Android to OS 4.4 Kitkat? My original OS is 4.2 that came with the box and it still says 4.2 after the 11/05 firmware upgrade.

Please help. thanks.

Justin,

Sorry, I need to correct one thing from my reply above.

My original Android Version that came with the box in my atv1800e should be android 4.4.2 kitkat. I was wondering after my firmware upgrade dated 11/05, does it suppose to upgrade to Android Kitkat 4.4.4?

Mine still says OS is 4.4.2 after the 11/05 upgrade.

Thanks

Justin,

Sorry, I need to correct one thing from my reply above.

My original Android Version that came with the box in my atv1800e should be android 4.4.2 kitkat. I was wondering after my firmware upgrade dated 11/05, does it suppose to upgrade to Android Kitkat 4.4.4?

Mine still says OS is 4.4.2 after the 11/05 upgrade.

Thanks

We are still on Android 4.4.2

So your version is correct.

I have used a USB keyboard as per your suggestion in your reply and it worked. I was able to navigate the menus with the up/down arrows on the keyboard and finished the upgrade.

However, after I finished the upgrade and reboot the my atv1800e, the remote conrol that came with the box is no longer working. I can only use a wireless mouse/keyboard to make it work.

How can I fix the original remote that came with the box not working after upgrading to the 11/05 Firmware?

Would you be able to take a picture of your unit?

Also how many USB ports do you have on your unit?

Let me know

Thanks

Hi Justin,

I have send you the photos of my atv1800e that you required.

Still waiting for your reply.

Please let me know ASAP.

Thank you

Hi

The remote you show in the picture is the one thats supposed to work with your box.

The remote must have stopped working.

Send an email to support@mygica.ca

We will help with providing a solution to this problem

Thanks

I just purchased my 1800E(Feb 12). How can I determine if it has the update already?

If you bought your unit that recently, it should have the most recent update

If you want to double check, you can just go into the Settings Menu, and Other.

On the bottom left of the screen, there will be a build number, which is dated.

The latest firmware update is 11-05

Hi echan, Justin

Just to let you know that your not alone in your experience with the firmware upgrade. I also had the same problem (Remote would not allow me to scroll in recovery mode) but I had my Rii mini i8 keyboard handy so I plugged it in and it worked.

I am also still not able to turn on WIFI.

I recently encountered another problem, because I have no SD access I thought to back up my XBMC to my laptop through my network, over ethernet of course.

I mistakenly entered the wrong username for my laptop into XBMC Backup, there was no way I could correct the username. It would allow me to type over the name and enter another name but in going back to the setup screen the wrong username was there.

I tried everything I could think of even uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC backup, the only thing that did fix it was to do a reset and return to factory default settings.

As I said in my other post, so far i'm not thrilled at my experience with the ATV1800e.

JimTJ

Hi echan, Justin

Just to let you know that your not alone in your experience with the firmware upgrade. I also had the same problem (Remote would not allow me to scroll in recovery mode) but I had my Rii mini i8 keyboard handy so I plugged it in and it worked.

I am also still not able to turn on WIFI.

I recently encountered another problem, because I have no SD access I thought to back up my XBMC to my laptop through my network, over ethernet of course.

I mistakenly entered the wrong username for my laptop into XBMC Backup, there was no way I could correct the username. It would allow me to type over the name and enter another name but in going back to the setup screen the wrong username was there.

I tried everything I could think of even uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC backup, the only thing that did fix it was to do a reset and return to factory default settings.

As I said in my other post, so far i'm not thrilled at my experience with the ATV1800e.

JimTJ

If you cannot use Wifi because it does not work. We will replace the unit.

On some earlier versions of our firmware you could not use the remote in recovery mode. This was fixed on our 09/25/15 Firmware update.

Our warranty is handled by RMA Ticket #s, which can be started here http://rma.mygica.ca

Thanks Justin

I've already had the unit replaced by the retail outlet where I bought the unit.

My WIFI is back in business.

JimTJ

Thanks Justin

I've already had the unit replaced by the retail outlet where I bought the unit.

My WIFI is back in business.

JimTJ

Ok great to hear

Thanks