Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

djnmac

Issues with Remote

I recently purchased an ATV582 and while the box itself is great the remote it came with is terrible. The mouse feature specifically is intermittent at best. Has anyone else had this issue? I am thinking of returning the box because the remote is so bad.

same here.

also, sometimes, out of nowhere , while im scrolling down lists, it will just 'take off' and the list begins to scroll like crazy. Like it has a mind of its own.

I downloaded the remote app instead...much better.

We are aware of the remote complaints.

We are changing the remote control starting in March for all of our Quad Core models.

That's great for future users, what about current quad core users?

We can replace the remote with a new KR60 remote if you are having remote issues

I have the ATV 582 unit and an RCA RLED4633A tv.

When i press the Home button on the 582 remote, my TV source gets reset to the first source.

pressing the enter button on the same remote also causes the menu of my tv to come up.

this is super frustrating.

is there a way to turn off the tv control function of this remote?

I just purchased the ATV 582 on Feb. 10, 2015. Netflix came preloaded. I can not pause the movie using the OK button.....is the remote faulty???

The arrow buttons will skip forward or back....but the OK button will not pause. Do you have a better remote with a pause button that works??

i have atv 1200 works good sent it back for rep now the kr60 will not work upgraded the fills they sent me

will not take the new fill on sd is their a fill jest for remote thanks

I have the ATV 582 unit and an RCA RLED4633A tv.

When i press the Home button on the 582 remote, my TV source gets reset to the first source.

pressing the enter button on the same remote also causes the menu of my tv to come up.

this is super frustrating.

is there a way to turn off the tv control function of this remote?

It seems like the MyGica remotes remote code is interfering with your RCA TVs remote code, that is why this is happening. They must be similar remote codes somehow.

You can try and get the remote exchanged or a new one sent from your seller to see if this solves the problem.

I just purchased the ATV 582 on Feb. 10, 2015. Netflix came preloaded. I can not pause the movie using the OK button.....is the remote faulty???

The arrow buttons will skip forward or back....but the OK button will not pause. Do you have a better remote with a pause button that works??

You would need to get a remote with these functions.

Our external remotes offer a pause function.

We also designed a new IR Remote control the KR20 which offers this as well.

i have atv 1200 works good sent it back for rep now the kr60 will not work upgraded the fills they sent me

will not take the new fill on sd is their a fill jest for remote thanks

"the fills they sent me

will not take the new fill on sd is their a fill jest for remote thanks"

sorry not sure what you mean by what is posted above this?

my kr60 remote will not work on my atv 1200 is thier a program just for the remote mygica sent two fills to load loaded both spi img but the remote will not work

As long as you are running Android 4.2.2 you can use this firmware

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2491

It will make your KR60 Work again. You will just need to use a USB Keyboard or mouse to use the menus to load it.

i got my remote kr 60 to work at last the problem was my sd card would not load the new upgrade

it was formated it needs to be formated fat 32 or atv 1200 will not read it thank for all the help

I have not experienced tehnical problems with the remote but it is very cumbersome to use. I purchased a mini wireless keyboard on Amazon for $28 and have found it to be a great addition to MyGica. Below is the description of what I purchased. You should be able to find it on Amazon.

It works well but took several weeks to arrive from Singapore. It uses a USB dongle that plugs into the MyGica. It recognized it without issues. It has a full QWERTY keyboard, left and right mouse control buttons, a cursor and a mouse touchpad. The mouse touchpad is very useful for moving the mouse pointer quickly. It also has play/pause and skip buttons which work well with Youtube videos and others. It also has a search button which immediatley jumps into the search menu for most apps. I have not had any wireless range issues. It has a USB rechargeable battery. The only drawbacks are that it will not control on/off of MyGica, is not a motion mouse and the documentation is ppor (although it is fairly self-evident on how to use it). The device is about the size of a game controller and looks alot like a label maker. It would be even better if the keyboard lit up but it does not. As an added bonus, it works with Windows on a laptop.

Kagu 2.4G Rii Mini i8 Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad for PC Pad Google Andriod TV Box

I have been using it for a few weeks and so far would highly recommend it to improve your MyGica experience. It helped alleviate the frustrations I was having typing text in search boxes using the soft keyboard and mouse pointer.

Just bought and upgraded firmware on ATV 1200.

Remote's learn function not working on KR60.

Is this firmware or hardware problem.

Thanks

I got the answer through Tech Support (wasn't flawless but did get to the crux of it).

This remote's instructions in the Manual are incorrect.

It indicates you must press your remote that you are trying to copy from at the MyGica box. You will need to point it at the MyGica remote's IR.

Once I did this, it worked great. Having the ability to program the remote for these functions is very helpful while watching a show on Kodi as I don't have to fumble with two remotes to manage the programming and volume of the receiver/tv.

I got the answer through Tech Support (wasn't flawless but did get to the crux of it).

This remote's instructions in the Manual are incorrect.

It indicates you must press your remote that you are trying to copy from at the MyGica box. You will need to point it at the MyGica remote's IR.

Once I did this, it worked great. Having the ability to program the remote for these functions is very helpful while watching a show on Kodi as I don't have to fumble with two remotes to manage the programming and volume of the receiver/tv.

Ok good to hear

We are currently updating all of our manuals. And we will make this change in the manual

Is there any setting to enable mouse right click on kodi 14.2v. Thanks

The return button on the remote will do this.

But I think you may be referring to the pop down menu. The 3 lined context menu button on the remote will do this for you.

I have the ATV582 and the remote stopped working. If I take the battery out and put it back in, sometimes it will work for one press. The batteries have been changed and still does not work. Anything I can do?

Jeff

I have the ATV582 and the remote stopped working. If I take the battery out and put it back in, sometimes it will work for one press. The batteries have been changed and still does not work. Anything I can do?

Jeff

Send me an email support@mygica.ca

We will figure out something for you

Thanks

I have the 582 and a JVC 32D500/ND33 and when pressing the Menu button or down button on the JVC remote it interferes with the MyGica? I have a wireless mini keyboard and touchpad by Rii and it works great but does'nt pause Hulu or Netflix and cannot switch of the MyGica. Do I just stick a bit of tape over the IR receiver?

I have the 582 and a JVC 32D500/ND33 and when pressing the Menu button or down button on the JVC remote it interferes with the MyGica? I have a wireless mini keyboard and touchpad by Rii and it works great but does'nt pause Hulu or Netflix and cannot switch of the MyGica. Do I just stick a bit of tape over the IR receiver?

both remote you indciated is not Mygica Remotes, you need ask Rii and JVC about those issues, but if you get one of our remotes like KR40 or KR301 or KR300 or even KR100 those we know how the software functions

Sorry James just to clarify, the MyGica standard remote interferes with the JVC TV and the JVC TV Remote (RM-D500) interferes with the MyGica ATV582. That is why I've started using the RII remote, which works great except for switching the MyGica on or off. The Volume down button of the JVC remote is the Back button on the standard MyGica Remote, so this is quite annoying.

Where would I get one of those remotes mentioned in South Africa - KR40, KR301 or KR100 ?