Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrJ

Problems using miracast

Hello everyone. I have this android TV for some time now, but it is with the last firmware when I have seen there is a miracast support.

I have an Archos gamepad 2 tablet (wonderful one, I must say, I am in love with it, ;->), and a Samsung Galaxy S4. None of them are working with the mygica to see their screen in the TV.

I tried it by openning miracast aplication, and then enabling wireless screen in S4 or gamepad2, but none of them find the mygica to connect.....

Has anyone used this feature successfully?, How did you do it?.....

I am starting to think that there is some kind of corruption or something in my firmware, because spanish support claims that it is working flawlessly for them, grrrr....

Best regards and thank you in advance.

Hello everyone. I have this android TV for some time now, but it is with the last firmware when I have seen there is a miracast support.

I have an Archos gamepad 2 tablet (wonderful one, I must say, I am in love with it, ;->), and a Samsung Galaxy S4. None of them are working with the mygica to see their screen in the TV.

I tried it by openning miracast aplication, and then enabling wireless screen in S4 or gamepad2, but none of them find the mygica to connect.....

Has anyone used this feature successfully?, How did you do it?.....

I am starting to think that there is some kind of corruption or something in my firmware, because spanish support claims that it is working flawlessly for them, grrrr....

Best regards and thank you in advance.

Miracast does not work with Samsung devices. This is mentioned in the 4.2 upgrade description.

We have no way to make it work with Samsung either, as they require a HDCP Handshake key to make Miracasting work.

As for the archos, are both devices on the same Wifi network?

Yes, they were in the same wifi when i tested it. But now i have the android tv with ethernet, i guess it wont work with ethernet, will it?.

Best regards.

Yes, they were in the same wifi when i tested it. But now i have the android tv with ethernet, i guess it wont work with ethernet, will it?.

Best regards.

I have only tested Miracast on the following brands

-HTC

-Blackberry

-LG

- Xiaomi

- Motorolla

These have all worked for me

Samsung and Sony devices would not work.

When testing, I used them all on Wifi.

Well, I will try again, but I am afraid with the gamepad 2 is going to happen the same as with samsung, grrrr.... So the trick is that both devices must be connected in the same wifi network, then just open miracast app in mygica and try the wireless screen on the other devices, isn´t it?.

Best regards and thank you very much.

Well, I will try again, but I am afraid with the gamepad 2 is going to happen the same as with samsung, grrrr.... So the trick is that both devices must be connected in the same wifi network, then just open miracast app in mygica and try the wireless screen on the other devices, isn´t it?.

Best regards and thank you very much.

You have to set your phone or tablet into screen mirorring mode, and then launch the miracast app on mygica and select search device.

It will then find the device, as long as both are on the same wifi network. You will have to confirm the connection. Once connected your phone or tablet will mirror onto the box.

With samsung, it just fails to connect, due to the HDCP problem.

OK, I will try it this way with the tablet this afternoon. But I am afraid it is going to be the same.... snifff..

Thank you very much.

It is strange wht you said that S4 will not work, I have search in the web of miracast certified devices, and S4 seems to be perfectly compliant with the miracast standard.....

It is strange wht you said that S4 will not work, I have search in the web of miracast certified devices, and S4 seems to be perfectly compliant with the miracast standard.....

I use an S4 and I am not able to miracast it to any Mygica.

Samsung uses HDCP keys for miracasting, which were not shared to AMLogic when they created this Miracast app. That is why it will not work.

You are correct, S4 is a perfectly compliant with the miracast standard, but for some reason Samsung threw in HDCP keys to miracast to other devices. For example I can mirror my S4 to my Sony Smart TV.

Well, I have tried miracast again, with the procedure you suggested, and nothing changes, the devices don´t see each other. I am sure my archos gamepad 2 is miracast, because one friend has it and was able to connect it to his LG TV....

I am afraid that the firmware has something wrong, some corruption or somethin.... I don´t know..... I will wait for the new firmware with yomvi support to be release and see if it solves something....

Best regards.