Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrJ

XBMC small slowdowns with bif movies

Hello everyone. I haven´t been used the 520 to watch movies because I was doing it directly from my TV, but now I have a problem with the TV and have started to use my mygica to play them,.,.. The problem is that I have small slowdowns in some scenes of the movies, it is almost inapreciable but very anoying for me, I can notice it easyly...

I have been playing qith the options of the XBMC player, but I haven´t succeded, I still have the slowdowns... mygica supot from spain tell me that it could be a problem or CPU power, they says that this 520´s power is very limited to play 3D and big HD movies.... but I can´t agree with them, as I have tried the "o" key during the playback of the movies and the CPU´s very rarely go above 40%.... and of course, the main reason to buy this device was to play movies, if I can´t do that, it is almost useless for me..... snifff....

Do you think there is a solution for this?...... I have tried several XBMC versions, and they seem to be the same.... and some also have other problems, like the control panel displaying only once when playing 3D videos, instead of displaying twice so ita an be seen fine with the 3D option enabled.....

Well, so this is my problem that is driving me crazy, any help would be apreciated...

Best regards and thank you in advance.

Hello everyone. I haven´t been used the 520 to watch movies because I was doing it directly from my TV, but now I have a problem with the TV and have started to use my mygica to play them,.,.. The problem is that I have small slowdowns in some scenes of the movies, it is almost inapreciable but very anoying for me, I can notice it easyly...

I have been playing qith the options of the XBMC player, but I haven´t succeded, I still have the slowdowns... mygica supot from spain tell me that it could be a problem or CPU power, they says that this 520´s power is very limited to play 3D and big HD movies.... but I can´t agree with them, as I have tried the "o" key during the playback of the movies and the CPU´s very rarely go above 40%.... and of course, the main reason to buy this device was to play movies, if I can´t do that, it is almost useless for me..... snifff....

Do you think there is a solution for this?...... I have tried several XBMC versions, and they seem to be the same.... and some also have other problems, like the control panel displaying only once when playing 3D videos, instead of displaying twice so ita an be seen fine with the 3D option enabled.....

Well, so this is my problem that is driving me crazy, any help would be apreciated...

Best regards and thank you in advance.

Are you trying to play Blu Ray 3D ISO files? Also which file format and size of file are you using for HD movies?

Also which version of Android are you using on your 520?

I am trying mkv files, of several sizes, the bigger could be 30 GB, and the smaller 4 GB or so..

The android version is 4.2

Best regards.

i don´t know, maybe it is coincidence, but this could have been started after I upgrade the firmware of the 520 with the new firmware, but I am not sure, because I did not use the mygica to play whole movies with the old firmware....

By trhe way, I have seen that there is a firmware to go back to android 4.1 in the spanish web, what reason can be to go back to android 4.1?..... I am wondering if my problem should be a reason.... anyway, I am waiting for them to release a new firmware with canal + yomvi support, I am very interested in yomvi to work in my mygica....

Best regards.

The main reason to go back to 4.1 was for use of Component video on the ATV 1200.

Also did you read somewhere that Canal + Yomvi support was coming? As this is the first I am hearing of it.

The ATV 520 might have issues playing MKV files over 5GB.

Yes, there is already a firmware for the 1800e+ that supports yomvi, and spanish support say that they are working in a firmware also for the 520.

I am very surprised to read that 520 might have issues playing mkv over 5 GB. In the web of the products it reads that it supports full HD 1080p movies, and most of them are over 5 GB... so I see it a little lie..... anyway, I think I have had this slowdowns even with files smaller than 5 GB....

I must say that I have been disappointed by this product.... it should be powerful enough to play every 1080p file....

Best regards.

Yes, there is already a firmware for the 1800e+ that supports yomvi, and spanish support say that they are working in a firmware also for the 520.

I am very surprised to read that 520 might have issues playing mkv over 5 GB. In the web of the products it reads that it supports full HD 1080p movies, and most of them are over 5 GB... so I see it a little lie..... anyway, I think I have had this slowdowns even with files smaller than 5 GB....

I must say that I have been disappointed by this product.... it should be powerful enough to play every 1080p file....

Best regards.

Can you let me know which movie your trying and where you got it from

I will download it and try it here on a 520

Because I have used 10GB 1080P movies on ATV 1200 for our display model here, without any issues. And the 1200 and 520E both use the same firmware.

Maybe the problem is related with the firmware I am using. I use the last one that is in the spanish web, can you try with this one?. I can´t tell you a single movie, I think most of them have the issue. I am not talking about a very big slowdown, I am talking about some lack of smoothness in some specific scenes, yo feel as if it was a little bit slow motion, but it is miliseconds, very hard to apreciate it if you are not completly focused in the movie.... I am sure that maybe for most of the people it is hardly apreciable, but it is there, maybe I am too demanding for this kind of product, I don´t know....

Best regards.

Maybe the problem is related with the firmware I am using. I use the last one that is in the spanish web, can you try with this one?. I can´t tell you a single movie, I think most of them have the issue. I am not talking about a very big slowdown, I am talking about some lack of smoothness in some specific scenes, yo feel as if it was a little bit slow motion, but it is miliseconds, very hard to apreciate it if you are not completly focused in the movie.... I am sure that maybe for most of the people it is hardly apreciable, but it is there, maybe I am too demanding for this kind of product, I don´t know....

Best regards.

Can you post link to the firmware you used. cause they have a few on there

Also, sorry but you made it sound like at first it was all slow motion, you did not mention only certain scenes for a few seconds you see it.

Well, I have gone back to the previous version of the firmware, android 4.1, and without installing anything lse, just using the XBMC that comes with the firmware, the slowdowns still happen, and even worse, they happen even with an SD movie I saw yesterday, very few, but some times it happens.....

Sincerily, I don´t understand it....

Best regards.

Yes I did, and it did not solve it

I will be posting up new 4.2 firmware with Kodi and a few other changes either today or tomorrow.

You can try this. If this does not work, then I am not sure what else can be done for this.

OK, I haven´t tried any of your firmwares, only the spanish ones, if I try yours will I get spanish language in android and apps?....

Can you please tell me when you post the new firmware and give me the link?.

Best regards and thank you very much in advance.

I have tried to download the firmware from this site:

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

but the file for the 520 doesn´t seem to be the firmware, it has just 2 PDF´s with the instructions to install firmware, and has a link to download that is not working....

Please tell me where can I download the last firmware for my 520, please...

I have tried to download the firmware from this site:

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

but the file for the 520 doesn´t seem to be the firmware, it has just 2 PDF´s with the instructions to install firmware, and has a link to download that is not working....

Please tell me where can I download the last firmware for my 520, please...

Here is latest for 520E using 4.2

Has KODI 14.1 pre installed.

Let me know once you downloaded it, as I am sharing it from my personal dropbox account.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s60q3aqzfsta1 ... 4.zip?dl=0

Complete Disaster. I have downloaded the firmware, and I have installed it from the recovery menu, It did not give any error and installed the firmware, but now the device does not start. I have tried to install the spanish last firmware, by the method of copying several files in the SD, and then unpoluging the power, inserted the SD, press the reset button, put on the power and keep the reset button for 10 seconds, and then release the reset button, and nothing happens..... I am afraind something very bad has happen, please tell me it has solution.....

Best regards.

Complete Disaster. I have downloaded the firmware, and I have installed it from the recovery menu, It did not give any error and installed the firmware, but now the device does not start. I have tried to install the spanish last firmware, by the method of copying several files in the SD, and then unpoluging the power, inserted the SD, press the reset button, put on the power and keep the reset button for 10 seconds, and then release the reset button, and nothing happens..... I am afraind something very bad has happen, please tell me it has solution.....

Best regards.

Can try this to revive it

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1948

I uploaded it to our forum a few hours later. Was just waiting on a video to be made for it before I posted it up.

I loaded this on over 15 different units, and never had any of the issues your experiencing.

OK, I will give it a try, but I think it is the same procedure I am trying with the spanish firmware and the instalation does not start, grrrr...

I will try it again with this attachment, but I am afraid it is the same that was posted here some messages ago, isn´t it?.

Best regards.

Bad thing. i have tried and the installation does not start... red light stays on and no flashes in the lights....

Any idea?

Please don´t tell me there is no solution .....

Best regards.

Please, can anybody tell me how can a fix the problem?. Maybe connecting it to a PC or something?....... It is so strange because I don´t think I did anything wrong to have this problem....

Best regards.

Well Justin, I am afraid you tried to help me but you did not tell me that the firmware you gave me was only to be used over an 4.2 installed firmware. The spanish support tells me that this was the problem, and now there is no solution except for sending them the device and I will have to pay for the repair.

They have sent me a procedure to make a bootcard, but even with it the device does not respond, it only has the red light on and nothing else happens, grrrr...

Do you have any other idea?, isn´t it possible to repair it connecting it to the pc or something?..... it is incredible that it can get broken so easyly... it did not warn me that the update shouldn´t be installed on a 4.2 version. As I saw it was a complet firmware, I did not think it would depend on the version that was already installed in the device....grrr.....

100€ to the dust bin.....