Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

samin

XMBC Remote on phone

Has anyone been able to setup and use their XBMC remote app on their phone to connect to their MyGica's XBMC?

I am not new to XBMC and I have used XBMC on my laptop and used my phone to control XBMC using the remote app.

I am curious to know if anyone has got it to work.

The default setting under XBMC remote, sets the connection port to 8080, not sure if the box has this port in use, and/or does it even allow remote devices to connect to it.

Are there any firewall on this box?

Please advise.

Has anyone been able to setup and use their XBMC remote app on their phone to connect to their MyGica's XBMC?

I am not new to XBMC and I have used XBMC on my laptop and used my phone to control XBMC using the remote app.

I am curious to know if anyone has got it to work.

The default setting under XBMC remote, sets the connection port to 8080, not sure if the box has this port in use, and/or does it even allow remote devices to connect to it.

Are there any firewall on this box?

Please advise.

Give our support line a call

1-855-694-4228 Select Support

Ask for Mark.

He has helped lots of people setup this remote on the box without any issues.

What timezone does the support center answer calls?!

Or is it 24/7 ?!

Eastern Time Zone

Call center is open 9AM to 7PM Mon to Fri

And Saturdays 10AM to 4PM

That's awesome! Thanks Justin!!!

For those who may still have problems connecting to their MyGica box. The username field is case sensitive in XBMC settings page.

I was trying to connect with username 'XBMC' in my Remote iOS app, but in XBMC's setting page the username was set in lowercase 'xbmc'.

Port 8080 works fine, so that was not my issue.

That's awesome! Thanks Justin!!!

For those who may still have problems connecting to their MyGica box. The username field is case sensitive in XBMC settings page.

I was trying to connect with username 'XBMC' in my Remote iOS app, but in XBMC's setting page the username was set in lowercase 'xbmc'.

Port 8080 works fine, so that was not my issue.

Great to hear you got it going.

Thanks for sharing