Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marcwaddell

Can't install APK files

I've set up 6 of these units over the last few days

Updated XBMC to KODI without any issue

for some reason i have a unit here that will not install any APK's

Keeps asking me if i want to open with HTML editor or Text Editor

Any Ideas to what the issue might be?

Which app are you using to view the APK's?

If your installing APK's manually, I am assuming your using a USB or SD Card to do this?

App Installer does work good for what your trying to do.

Can you explain a bit more about how your doing it differently?

I'm having the same problem trying to update my KitKat 4.4.2 firmware to 5.0 on my MXQ BOX using the MYGICA firmware atv1900ac ZIPFILE. WHEN it gets to the part on the box that says apply update from SD card and u click on it when u see the file(zip ) and  u click on it  after reading for awhile it then comes up with two error messages :- E:- FOOTER IS WRONG & SIGNATURE VERIFICATION FAILED  then quickly u see INSTALLATION ABORTED. IS THERE ANYWAY AROUND THIS PROBLEM?

@lovermann, I don't think the original problem about installing application APKs is the same as your problem about installing Android firmware.

MXQ should be providing firmware and installation instructions for your box.  MyGica firmware may not be compatible.

if you are using ES File Explorer to install APK you are doing it wrong, I would suggest you use the APK installer which is part of the default apps to install, and it is an alot easier way to sideload apps.

I have no issue with ES file Explorer/File Manager HD or Xplore App.