Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomchateau

Mygica Constant Buffering on Hi-Def Feeds

Hi,

I am trying to stream hi-def hockey streams but XBMC on mygica does not seem to be able to handle it - buffers so much that it is not worth watching. Instead of trying to watch via mygica/xbmc, we tried to point the browser to the hockey streams site but that only gives us a black screen. Any suggestions, or should we kijiji this thing and try another device?

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to stream hi-def hockey streams but XBMC on mygica does not seem to be able to handle it - buffers so much that it is not worth watching. Instead of trying to watch via mygica/xbmc, we tried to point the browser to the hockey streams site but that only gives us a black screen. Any suggestions, or should we kijiji this thing and try another device?

Thanks

Are you using the 510X on Android with XBMC?

If so, this is a single core version. Which has a very hard time Hardware decoding HD content through XBMC.

The buffering could also be caused by the stream your watching which are always not so reliable. If tons of people are watching the same thing at the same time, then there will be buffering.

Hi,

We have the mygica 380 quad-core.

We have done a ton of digging and it does not seem to be a volume issue (ie, we can watch the games on our Galaxy lllS). It seems to be related to the device. Should the 380 quad-core be able to process a hi-def stream?

Hi,

We have the mygica 380 quad-core.

We have done a ton of digging and it does not seem to be a volume issue (ie, we can watch the games on our Galaxy lllS). It seems to be related to the device. Should the 380 quad-core be able to process a hi-def stream?

Ok sorry, I assumed you had 510X as you posted it in this section.

I use a 582 personally at home, which is the same as the 380 basically. And I have no issues watching HI Def content. Mostly 1080P and 720P content.

When your using your Galaxy S3, are you trying to watch the same stream as you would on your 380? Or you using a different app on your S3?

Let me know

Thanks

Hi and sorry for posting to the wrong forum - I get confused ;o)

You ask if we are using the same app on the mygica and galaxy iiis. The answer is no. On the mygica we are trying to watch it on XBMC but with the IIIS we are using a hockeystreams app. So, you are right, kind of comparing apples to oranges. If I get a chance I will try the hockeystreams app with the mygica.

There are soooooooo many things it could be (ie bandwidth, router, modem, wifi, app, originating stream, and on and on).

Thanks

Hi and sorry for posting to the wrong forum - I get confused ;o)

You ask if we are using the same app on the mygica and galaxy iiis. The answer is no. On the mygica we are trying to watch it on XBMC but with the IIIS we are using a hockeystreams app. So, you are right, kind of comparing apples to oranges. If I get a chance I will try the hockeystreams app with the mygica.

There are soooooooo many things it could be (ie bandwidth, router, modem, wifi, app, originating stream, and on and on).

Thanks

Ok try it out and let me know