Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gica4ever

Turning off without the remote? (App)

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off the device other than with the remote that comes with the device?

I use a wireless keyboard and I would like it to be self sufficient.

I tried the quick boot app. But its power off function only reboots the device. It does not shut it off.

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off the device other than with the remote that comes with the device?

I use a wireless keyboard and I would like it to be self sufficient.

I tried the quick boot app. But its power off function only reboots the device. It does not shut it off.

Only the IR remote, and our external USB remotes can power off the unit.

We pre installed the Quick Boot app, just as an easier way to put the box into recovery mode. Not all functions of this app works IE: Power off

Oh - Thanks

any plans to make a soft power off?

We could only add this to the 1800, as you can only turn the unit back on with the power button this way. As this power off mode is same function on tablets.

Since 582 does not have a power on/off button, we choose not to add it, since 1800 and 582 use the same firmware.

Has this been resolved...I have the ATV 582 and want to be able to turn this off and on with the remote app like I do on the remote

Is there an alternative remote to the KR-40 even if another brand that can do the following:

1. Provide a trackpad

2. Power the unit on and off

Reason I ask is that I cannot do so on the app so have to use app and remote which is cumbersome, as I love the trackpad feature of the app

Btw I have the ATV 582 unit.

Is there an alternative remote to the KR-40 even if another brand that can do the following:

1. Provide a trackpad

2. Power the unit on and off

Reason I ask is that I cannot do so on the app so have to use app and remote which is cumbersome, as I love the trackpad feature of the app

Btw I have the ATV 582 unit.

ON/OFF only works via IR Sensor.

I have not seen an app that can turn ON/OFF the box.

The best idea for that would to get a cheapie Android phone and buy a plug in IR blaster. Then download an app. I just remembered now that I have a Google Nexus 4 that I can try at home. Places like DX.com , gearbest or geekbuying are good.

Based on the comments from this thread

I have requested to add a Power Button on the Main Launcher

Which when pressed will allow you to either reboot the box or put it into standby.

Will see if I can get this feature added.

Based on the comments from this thread

I have requested to add a Power Button on the Main Launcher

Which when pressed will allow you to either reboot the box or put it into standby.

Will see if I can get this feature added.

I second that, it would be a very helpful addition.

Keep up the great work Justin