Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gica4ever

Which directories to link to make use of external SD card?

Hello,

Is there a simple way to use External MicroSD as Primary storage memory?

I'm trying to make use of the space of the External microSD but I guess I don't know what directory to link with (Internal 2 External alike apps)

I guess I'm looking for something similar to these, but working with our MyGica box

/mnt/sdcard/external_sd

/mnt/external_sd

Any suggestions?

I'm assuming you are talking from within Kodi? If so ... use an altered advancedsettings.xml ... I personally tried the Internal to External app .. while it worked .. too many side affects for my liking. The SD cards are simply not as reliable as the internal memory in these units.

My advanced settings puts all cached images etc on the sd card ... as it does not need them too often .. don't try to cache streams as you will only be disappointed with the results lol

Good Luck

Thanks - I'll try that.

I did put a fast microSD but you are right. Problems occur within Kodi with "cache full" errors and too many interruptions while playing Internet Media for buffering. I'd rather wait longer (bigger buffer to start with) in order to have less interruptions.

You can make the Cache larger .. there was a guide line floating around .. as you don't want it too big as the memory inside these units are limited. IE don't set the Cache to 0 as some suggest lol. Nothing but problems for me .. as large videos will fill up the internal memory quite fast ( depending on your internet speed of course ) My internet speed is 30MB ... so it filled rather quickly then locked the box nicely for me ;)

If I find the guide .. IE % of the internal memory to use .. I'll post it here

It will if you stay inside the MyGica OS ... I think the majority are looking to be inside Kodi and trying to free up some ram for other things