Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mbramwel

How I recovered (un-bricked) and updated my 520e

i have just finished installing the 4.2.2 original update ( update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34 ) i try over and over to get the next update the ( update_Mygica_4.2_20150209_kr34.img ) but my imac is unable to open the file, this is very frustrating. any ideas? still running xbmc frodo tried to get kodi 17 failed,  kodi 16 jarvis also failed. using a 520e thanks

11 hours ago, stebo said:

i have just finished installing the 4.2.2 original update ( update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34 ) i try over and over to get the next update the ( update_Mygica_4.2_20150209_kr34.img ) but my imac is unable to open the file, this is very frustrating. any ideas? still running xbmc frodo tried to get kodi 17 failed,  kodi 16 jarvis also failed. using a 520e thanks

You just have to drag and drop the IMG file onto an SD card or USB drive.

Then you can install it onto your 520E using the UPGRADE APP and Local Update.

KODI 17 won't work on the 520E as Android 5+ is required for this and the 520E only runs Android 4.2

hey I have a mxq  box it use to work fine and all of a sudden one day went to watch a movie and now the light wont turn on If someone could tell me how to fix this problem plz I could really use the help I don't know if I can put my email address so someone could msg me back

Just now, wattsaa-ron said:

hey I have a mxq  box it use to work fine and all of a sudden one day went to watch a movie and now the light wont turn on If someone could tell me how to fix this problem plz I could really use the help I don't know if I can put my email address so someone could msg me back

Does the power supply you are using have a light on it?

If so, does it light up green?

If it does light up green and your box has no lights, then I am afraid that your box has died.

Let me know and we can take it from there

1 minute ago, wattsaa-ron said:

no my power supply didn't trunn green but the blue light on the box it use to but now dosnt

Can you upload a picture of your power supply?

Just wanted to add to this thread, that by following the instructions here and by shorting pin 2+3 I was able to revive my ATV520 that had been sitting for years. Was just about to throw it out when i decided to give it a shot. Guess now i can sell it :)  Thanks