Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

invincibleinc

New Update, New Kodi - Comments & Support Thread

Ok, so I had a chance to add the new update to my 1200 last night including the new Kodi app and I'm real impressed so far. I really hated the old XBMC (I was using the SPMC fork) and was considering changing systems for my XBMC stuff, but so far in the progress I've made getting it all set up, performance seems much better. It seems very fast when connected via ethernet and maybe a tad slower by wifi, but nothing really noticeable yet. I was able to open a 1080p source on a movie last night, and jump all over the film with no buffering issues. I do a lot of live streaming and haven't had a chance to test that out yet, but will report back. There are of course, a couple bugs that I am assuming are common. I'll outline those below, maybe you all have some support suggestions:

-Only skin that works real well is Confluence. I changed it to Aeon Knox and CCM last night and was able to scroll through it well enough, but bringing up a search box renders only a blank keyboard. Inputting with a keyboard remote not an option. Tried it all again today and not only was this problem persistent, but upon launching a video, Kodi crashed and went back to MyGica home screen. This happened about 5 times, went back to Confluence, keyboard fine, video plays no problem. I'm not a skin stickler, so I'm fine with Confluence, but those of you who want a heavier front end might find problems.

-IStream doesn't work as a stand-alone, only as an add-on. Tried all the Xunity Maintenance fixes, including one for the keyboard. No deal. This sort of folds into the comment above, as IStream as a standalone isn't available for Confluence. Works fine as an add-on, which again, I'm not a stickler for, so even though having it as a front end thing is neato, not having it isn't a deal breaker as long as the video keeps working well.

I haven't messed with Netflix too much yet, and I'm assuming WWE Network through Unblock-US us still a no-go for Android boxes (sad face).

Oh, also on the Wrestling tip, the Watchwrestling and WWE Online add-ons, which had not worked for almost 2 months, work again under this new update, which is good news for 12 year old boys everywhere.

I tried a buncha skins today and think I'm settling on the Transparency skin. Real nice and customizable. If you're watching something and want to search something else out while you're at it, your show will keep playing either in a picture in picture type thing, or in the background behind transparent menus, depending on what you're doing.

we always indicate on our forums, kodi is supported as much as internal network or USB files, no 3rd party add-ons are supported here, since most of the causes with picture quality, buffering, or no picture on screen is not supported by Mygica or Mygica Support team