Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dlangejc

Magic boot card disc - ATV1800 / ATV582

I wrote this quick procedure to help users that has no display or a blank display on their ATV1800 / ATV582.

Symptoms include a red led, no display or blank display and no boot logo, nor recovery console - so in other words bricked.

This should help users who tried loading unofficial roms on their ATV's 582 and ATV1800E's and bricked it.

There is no guarantee that this will work so keep in mind that you should follow RMA process if your case is applicable.

This includes recovery from CodeSnakes OpenLec build. This procedure is intended to assist you should you have a broken boot loader

and RMA will not cover the repair.

Do not try this if you don't know what you are doing - note that I'm not responsible for anything that can go wrong during this process.

Also do not risk loading non Mygica roms with the hope of repairing your Mygica with the attached procedure.The intent is to help users who cannot afford to send their units back for RMA or other reasons.

I have already performed some of the steps to keep it simple.

Copy all of the supplied files on SD card root directory (not usb, but SD Card)

Your SD card root should look like this:

version.ver

u-boot.cmd

u-boot.bin

dd.exe

burning_version.ubt

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

normal_ver4

normal_ver3

normal_ver2

normal_ver1

normal_a_ver2

normal_a_ver1

recovery.img

update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.img

2.Run the u-boot.cmd file on Windows XP PC located on the SD card that I have supplied.

3.After execution of the command file, it will remind you to "press any button to continue" twice.

3.After that, insert SD card into the device.

3.Press and hold the upgrade button, then, plug in USB power adapter

4.Keep holding the button for about 12 seconds or 13 seconds, until you see the flashing LED, then loosen the button and it will update automatically

5.This is the same method as the "tooth pick" method.

**** A VERY VERY important point of note is that you can only do this on a Windows XP PC with 1 hard drive partition.

If you have 2 partitions or 2 hard drives connected .. you will lose the information on the seconds partition or drive.

The files require for the process is located here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!xp0XWIhK!BxUWcq5YM ... C_fsA0NJmo

Good luck.

I wrote this quick procedure to help users that has no display or a blank display on their ATV1800 / ATV582.

Symptoms include a red led, no display or blank display and no boot logo, nor recovery console - so in other words bricked.

This should help users who tried loading unofficial roms on their ATV's 582 and ATV1800E's and bricked it.

There is no guarantee that this will work so keep in mind that you should follow RMA process if your case is applicable.

This includes recovery from CodeSnakes OpenLec build. This procedure is intended to assist you should you have a broken boot loader

and RMA will not cover the repair.

Do not try this if you don't know what you are doing - note that I'm not responsible for anything that can go wrong during this process.

Also do not risk loading non Mygica roms with the hope of repairing your Mygica with the attached procedure.The intent is to help users who cannot afford to send their units back for RMA or other reasons.

I have already performed some of the steps to keep it simple.

Copy all of the supplied files on SD card root directory (not usb, but SD Card)

Your SD card root should look like this:

version.ver

u-boot.cmd

u-boot.bin

dd.exe

burning_version.ubt

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

normal_ver4

normal_ver3

normal_ver2

normal_ver1

normal_a_ver2

normal_a_ver1

recovery.img

update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.img

2.Run the u-boot.cmd file on Windows XP PC located on the SD card that I have supplied.

3.After execution of the command file, it will remind you to "press any button to continue" twice.

3.After that, insert SD card into the device.

3.Press and hold the upgrade button, then, plug in USB power adapter

4.Keep holding the button for about 12 seconds or 13 seconds, until you see the flashing LED, then loosen the button and it will update automatically

5.This is the same method as the "tooth pick" method.

**** A VERY VERY important point of note is that you can only do this on a Windows XP PC with 1 hard drive partition.

If you have 2 partitions or 2 hard drives connected .. you will lose the information on the seconds partition or drive.

The files require for the process is located here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!xp0XWIhK!BxUWcq5YM ... C_fsA0NJmo

Good luck.

Thanks for this

We have been using something similar to this with a very good success rate.

The difference is the use of the dd executable in the Uboot.bat file.

DD is a byte for byte copy from one partition to another. if = in file (Source), of = out file (Destination)

An extract from the command file if you are interrested:

set src=.\u-boot.bin set dst=\\?\Device\Harddisk1\Partition0 dd if=/dev/zero of=.\sd_bak bs=1 count=0x100000 dd if=%dst% of=.\sd_bak bs=512 count=1 dd if=%src% of=.\sd_bak bs=1 count=444 dd if=%src% of=.\sd_bak bs=512 seek=1 skip=1

Hi will the boot card .rar work on 1200 ATV .if not is it possible for you to make one for the ATV 1200 if you can, or can you tell me which files to change.thank you very much

Hi there,

I've successfully used this method to recover an ATV582, thank you very much.

But unfortunately, now I have a problem with another ATV582. This unit failed (for some reason) when flashing the new update_Mygica_ATV582-1800-380-1800E_20150204.img image from the recovery boot. It flashes and it says completed, but on a reboot it just goes back to the recovery boot.

I've decided to use this method to see if I can reflash it completely. It does boot from the SD, shows the green android with the progress bar. It seems to flash all the way through, except it jumps quite large sections at the end and it reboots before I can see the progress bar reaches the end complete.

Now the unit will not boot at all, not even to recovery boot. Trying the same boot from the SD does exactly like described above every time. It flashes, reboots and then nothing.

Is there something else I could try? Maybe the version files on the SD or something. I'm thinking that the flash does not complete because it thinks the versions are higher or something?

I'm prepared to experiment if someone has a idea.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Riaan

Ok. I at least got it booted again. This is what I did:

1) Made the SD card as described above.

2) Renamed the "update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.img" file on the SD to "update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.old"

3) Booted with the SD by pressing the little microswitch at the bottom of the mygica and powering up the unit. When the orange light flashes, I let go.

4) The boot continues up to the green robot, and then fails and drops out to a recovery menu.

5) I then selected flash from external source (USB) and selected the "update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.img" I've copied from the SD card.

6) Reboot the unit after successful flash, but still received the black screen. Unit still don't boot info OS or recovery boot.

7) Restart step 3 above, boot into recovery, and select "update_Mygica_ATV582-1800-380-1800E_20150204.img" to flash. This is the latest beta firmware.

8) Flash fails with message "Re: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip" ...

9) Restart step 3 above, boot into recovery, and select "update_Mygica_ATV582_20140723.img" ... this is an old firmware image.

10) Format user data and cache after above flash completed.

11) Restarted and booted into OS.

12) There is still no recovery boot.

Can anybody tell me what I can try to solve my problem?

Ok. I at least got it booted again. This is what I did:

1) Made the SD card as described above.

2) Renamed the "update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.img" file on the SD to "update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.old"

3) Booted with the SD by pressing the little microswitch at the bottom of the mygica and powering up the unit. When the orange light flashes, I let go.

4) The boot continues up to the green robot, and then fails and drops out to a recovery menu.

5) I then selected flash from external source (USB) and selected the "update_V002M801_20150204_OS44_normal.img" I've copied from the SD card.

6) Reboot the unit after successful flash, but still received the black screen. Unit still don't boot info OS or recovery boot.

7) Restart step 3 above, boot into recovery, and select "update_Mygica_ATV582-1800-380-1800E_20150204.img" to flash. This is the latest beta firmware.

8) Flash fails with message "Re: error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip" ...

9) Restart step 3 above, boot into recovery, and select "update_Mygica_ATV582_20140723.img" ... this is an old firmware image.

10) Format user data and cache after above flash completed.

11) Restarted and booted into OS.

12) There is still no recovery boot.

Can anybody tell me what I can try to solve my problem?

Have you tried the 11-05 Firmware with the boot card yet?

I agree with Justin, I believe you should have had the 11-5 firmware on as most of the units ship with the firmware.

Try and let us know.

P.S Are you from SA Riaan?

Hi guys, thanks for the quick response. I'll try the 11-5 firmware (if I can find it) and post back the results. It will only be this evening though.

@Dlangejc: Jip, I'm from SA. I stay in Centurion.

The followng procedure can be used if your box is bricked and no luck in revival using the magic boot card method.

This involves the Amlogic burning tools, confirmed working with ATV1800E. Use the left USB port at the back op the box.

Stick to the Mygica img files .... Once again I take no responsibility if you muck it up even more.

Sorry for the link but I didn't feel like doing it over:

http://www.mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=182

The followng procedure can be used if your box is bricked and no luck in revival using the magic boot card method.

This involves the Amlogic burning tools, confirmed working with ATV1800E. Use the left USB port at the back op the box.

Stick to the Mygica img files .... Once again I take no responsibility if you muck it up even more.

Sorry for the link but I didn't feel like doing it over:

http://www.mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=182

Thanks for sharing

@george1448 What's wrong with your ATV1200? Have you tried the firmware located in thread here ... http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945

thank :D you for your reply my box is stuck in recovery mode i've tried the new firmware that you mention but all that happens is (1) put firmware on sd card (2) hold the pin in the back of box (3) connect power while holding pin (4) box goes as far as select options after that it starts to install firmware and then just stops at geen man. you can leave the box as long as you like i left it up to 45 minutes nothing happens now the box just shows orange light, i have tried several times . i was hoping you might have some idea on recovery sd card as you have for mygica1800 ,the box is actually my sister's box i've been trying to help her but no success i have a 1200 myself and no problems installing any software or firmware i also have an 1800e 2014 model no problem installing firmware updates on that either hope you can help thank you for your time and all your contributions to the forum as is much appreciated buy everybody. George

@george1448 -

Have a look at the options first before we attempt to make a boot for you

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php? ... ca-Atv1200

Also are you able to access recovery console with USB keyboard plugged in to navigate on the recovery options?

(remove the SD card prior to entering recovery with the pin hole method)

Hi all,

Just to give an update what has happend:

1) I've flashed the "update_Mygica_ATV582_20141105_MAG.img" file with the method I've explained. (Boot with magic SD but with image file renamed and selecting flash from external in the boot recovery menu)

2) The ATV582 booted into the new OS no problem.

3) Selecting "Quick Boot" and then Recovery, still ends up with a blank screen.

4) Using "Upgrade" and selecting "Local update" and then selecting "update_Mygica_ATV582-1800-380-1800E_20150204.img", reboots the unit into a blank screen.

5) Cycling power boots back into the old OS.

It seems to me that I've lost the Recovery boot. Is there any way to reflash it?

Thanks for everybodys help so far.

@george1448 -

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631

Also are you able to access recovery console with USB keyboard plugged in to navigate on the recovery options?

Hi i live in spain and my sister is in manchester in the uk i try and help her on skype .she's not too good with her hands so she will not be able to do what is required in the options you suggest i've already looked at these before i tried to contact you, the box now as the red standby light on. i have talked her through the factory reset , and also tried using a usb keyboard and mouse but the box wont respond to anything just permanent red light on front of box.what do you suggest now . is it possible to make sd card to reboot the box ?

@george1448 -

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631

Hi i live in spain and my sister is in manchester in the uk i try and help her on skype .she's not too good with her hands so she will not be able to do what is required in the options you suggest i've already looked at these before i tried to contact you, the box now as the red standby light on. i have talked her through the factory reset , and also tried using a usb keyboard and mouse but the box wont respond to anything just permanent red light on front of box.what do you suggest now . is it possible to make sd card to reboot the box ?

Files uploaded for magic boot disc files I created for your sister's broken ATV1200.

There is no guarantee it will work but lets see how it goes 8-)

Download the files for at ATV1200 here:

Step 1 = https://mega.co.nz/#!Qw9g3SRY!dQQpvyVPq ... KF1hM8H7Kw

Step 2 = https://mega.co.nz/#!E5VhhC7Y!4YLFrDqXt ... MGmQ7COm0E

1. Extract "Step 1- SD Card.rar to the root of an empty SDCard.

2. Copy all of the extracted files to the SD card.

3. Use the pinhole method to enter the upgrade mode.

** If all goes well the bootloader and recovery will be flashed onto the box.

If this works move on to the next step of instructions

Remove the power to the box.

1. Extract "Step 2- SD Card.rar to the root of an empty SDCard.

It should be automated by first flashing the SPI boot and then the Android OS thats why there is two steps.

I made the factory image files to start flashing as soon as possible with no user intervention.

I have heard that theses boxes has write protection enabled under certain circumstances so that involves opening the box and shorting PINS on the NAND memory module & obtaining UART cables to use Tetraterm to gain access to the serial port.

PS: Its a hard job and if you're not technically inclined it would pose very difficult to fix.

@george1448 -

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631

Files uploaded for magic boot disc files I created for your sister's broken ATV1200.

There is no guarantee it will work but lets see how it goes 8-)

Download the files for at ATV1200 here:

Step 1 = https://mega.co.nz/#!Qw9g3SRY!dQQpvyVPq ... KF1hM8H7Kw

Step 2 = https://mega.co.nz/#!E5VhhC7Y!4YLFrDqXt ... MGmQ7COm0E

1. Extract "Step 1- SD Card.rar to the root of an empty SDCard.

** If all goes well the bootloader and recovery will be flashed onto the box.

If this works move on to the next step of instructions

Remove the power to the box.

1. Extract "Step 2- SD Card.rar to the root of an empty SDCard.

It should be automated by first flashing the SPI boot and then the Android OS thats why there is two steps.

I made the factory image files to start flashing as soon as possible with no user intervention.

I have heard that theses boxes has write protection enabled under certain circumstances so that involves opening the box and shorting PINS on the NAND memory module & obtaining UART cables to use Tetraterm to gain access to the serial port.

PS: Its a hard job and if you're not technically inclined it would pose very difficult to fix.

ok thank you for your time in making the magic boot disc i will speak to my sister will let you know how we go on thank you again george