Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itprosam

Kodi Helix 14.1 for ATV1800e 2015 Edition

Hello,

I bought my box few months ago.

I want to know if the box has feature of auto update firmware or we have to manually do it??

Also I saw that ATV1800e 2015 edition now comes with Kodi14.1 pre-installed rather then XBMC 13.2 Gotham; will you guys send / push update to have our boxes upgrade to Kodi 14.1 or not?

Will all the settings be merged into Kodi 14.1 or not?

Thanks

Shaq

Hello,

I want to know if the box has feature of auto update firmware or we have to manually do it??

Also I saw that ATV1800e 2015 edition now comes with Kodi14.1 pre-installed rather then XBMC 13.2 Gotham; will you guys send / push update to have our boxes upgrade to Kodi 14.1 or not?

Thanks

Shaq

Our next firmware update will be a manual update. Will need to be loaded with an SD Card or USB Drive, we will post it in the downloads section. It will have KODI 14.1 pre installed. This update will factory reset your box, as we made changes to the Android SDK and Kernel, so no settings will be transferred over.

After this update we plan to go back to offering OTA Updates.

Hi Justin. Any idea of when we can expect another Beta for the 1800e or the next official release?

I'm hopping it will also include the fix for the internal video player with some apps and the Ethernet speed fix.

Hi Justin. Any idea of when we can expect another Beta for the 1800e or the next official release?

I'm hopping it will also include the fix for the internal video player with some apps and the Ethernet speed fix.

Been going back and forth testing a few files over the last few weeks.

The next one I get should be the official one

Seems the Ethernet speed issue is resolved on this now, and also we updated the AML Codecs for the Internal Player.

But not promising any dates right now.

I updated my 1800e with the "Mygica20141105_MAG 2G RAM VER" file. Now when I try to connect to my WD My Cloud Ex2 using the NFS, I cannot connect. The only way to connect to my Cloud is the AFP which restricts me to 2 gig. Should I try a previous version and if so which one?

thanks Justin for the detailed reply.

How would I be able to backup my current XBMC settings that I can put on the New Kodi update later on?

Any time fram in which the new update is coming out??

Would the new firmware update the android (to latest android version) as well? as you mentioned changes to kernel??

Can you please inform once the update is out with tutorial?

thanks Justin for the detailed reply.

How would I be able to backup my current XBMC settings that I can put on the New Kodi update later on?

Any time fram in which the new update is coming out??

Would the new firmware update the android (to latest android version) as well? as you mentioned changes to kernel??

Can you please inform once the update is out with tutorial?

There is a program add on in XBMC from the XBMC.ORG Repository called XBMC Backup, this will backup your add ons to a USB or SD Card

Not giving any time frames right now.

We are still on Android 4.4.2, just moving to the new Kernel from AMLogic

We normally post a How to Video when we release new Firmware, and make it an Announcement on our Forum

I updated my 1800e with the "Mygica20141105_MAG 2G RAM VER" file. Now when I try to connect to my WD My Cloud Ex2 using the NFS, I cannot connect. The only way to connect to my Cloud is the AFP which restricts me to 2 gig. Should I try a previous version and if so which one?

Your connecting it to your WD Cloud using XBMC?

I ran the update. It appears that it is still running XBMC and not Kodi... Did I miss something?

Yes did you wipe your box?

You are supposed to go to recovery mode. Wipe all data and reset defaults. Then upgrade.

I had 14.0 and now with the new update I'm on 14.1

There is a YouTube video on how to upgrade.

I ran the update. It appears that it is still running XBMC and not Kodi... Did I miss something?

KODI 14.1 is listed under applications

Just switch the main screen icon XBMC ICON to KODI

The XBMC button on the IR Remote will load KODI now also

Hello,

Thanks

Shaq

Our next firmware update will be a manual update. Will need to be loaded with an SD Card or USB Drive, we will post it in the downloads section. It will have KODI 14.1 pre installed. This update will factory reset your box, as we made changes to the Android SDK and Kernel, so no settings will be transferred over.

After this update we plan to go back to offering OTA Updates.

please advise if the update is out as I am still waiting to get that update mentioned