Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Juve25

ATV 585 Flicker

I recently purchased an ATV585 . It works great on my newer TV set through the HDMI cable but I actually purchased it to use on an older style Sony TV. I plugged it in to the set with the RCA cable adaptor but when I turn on the set I can only see the picture in black and white and it is flickering. I can select settings etc with the remote control but I can't get the steady flicker/scrolling to stop. I tired changing the settings on the newer set and then try plugging it back in to the older set but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

I recently purchased an ATV585 . It works great on my newer TV set through the HDMI cable but I actually purchased it to use on an older style Sony TV. I plugged it in to the set with the RCA cable adaptor but when I turn on the set I can only see the picture in black and white and it is flickering. I can select settings etc with the remote control but I can't get the steady flicker/scrolling to stop. I tired changing the settings on the newer set and then try plugging it back in to the older set but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Try changing the display settings for CVBS from 576 Resoltuion to 480. It goes to PAL 576 first in RCA mode, which most TV's don't support, that is why its flickering and in Black and White.

Should fix this issue