Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

princess of hell

when the firmware 4.2.2 is ready ?

Been waiting months for the firmware 4.2.2 is ready. Mygica would update the atv1200? You know something about it?

We are still in the testing stages for updating to 4.2.2

We don't want to fully release it to the public till we feel everything works great for it.

We plan to release it this month, hopefully within the next 1-2 weeks.

The update will be ready this week? :D:lol: I really want to try android 4.2.2

I just received the finished version of Android 4.2 for the ATV 1200, 400 and 520E. This took some time, due to the update we were working on, was for the new IR Remote control that will be coming with the ATV 1200, that should be available in June, which is the same remote that comes with the the ATV 582 and ATV 1800E, and this remote has a new IR Remote code.

I had to wait for them to give me a version that works with the KR 34 remote which has been included with the ATV 1200, 400 and 520E. I just we received this version this morning, we will spend the next few days testing this, and then we must make a very detailed how to video, as the upgrading procedure to upgrade to 4.2 is very precise, and if not followed properly you can BRICK your box, and it will no longer work.

We should be able to release this upgrade this week. So look forward to seeing it on here. We will be putting together the how to video for at ATV 1200 first, and then the ATV 400 and 520E to follow.

If necessary, I sacrifice to test the firmware ... hahahahaha

I will look through the forum. I'll wait until the firmware is ready.

how to upgrade will be the same way?sdcard, reboot to recovery SPI.img first, reboot and then update.img(.zip)?

If necessary, I sacrifice to test the firmware ... hahahahaha

I will look through the forum. I'll wait until the firmware is ready.

how to upgrade will be the same way?sdcard, reboot to recovery SPI.img first, reboot and then update.img(.zip)?

Hi

No the directions would be something like this

1.Copy all files into SD/TF card root directory

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

spi_MX.bin

recovery.img

update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_KR34.img

** You can only use an SD Card for this, and make sure there are no other files on the SD card other then the ones listed above**

2.Insert SD/TF card into the box

3.Press and hold the upgrade button on the box, then,plug in power adapter.

4. keep holding the button for 5 seconds, you will see flashing LED, loosen the button and it will update the firmware automatically after 10 seconds. During upgrading, only red LED light.

5.After finished, it will enter into system.

6. YOUR TV SCREEN WILL BE BLANK FOR UP TO 2 MINUTES, WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE A UPGRADING STATUS BAR, PLEASE DO NOT UNPLUG POWER FROM THE BOX, AS THIS WILL MAKE YOUR BOX DEAD.

The process will take about 10 minutes.

Will update android 4.2 for atv120 stick ?

Hi

No sorry we wont have an update to 4.2 for the ATV 120

Why not ? So atv120 lost Mygica support ?

Droid stick a2 (amlogic mx) got update android 4.2 last year. What is problem with atv120 got it ?

Just received this msg by mail, bit confused now :?:

We will not release the new firmware on the website.

Because the upgrade from Android 4.1 to Android 4.2 is risky.

The 4.2 Android version will be running on our new products.

If you want to update it,I can send you the updating files.

Best Regards,

Elaine / mygica.com

I tested i few weeks ago the latest atv1220 files on aatv1200.... Worked fine but no playstore... So hook us up with the new firmware

Why not ? So atv120 lost Mygica support ?

Droid stick a2 (amlogic mx) got update android 4.2 last year. What is problem with atv120 got it ?

Mygica in China has not informed us of an update to 4.2 for the ATV 120. For now, they have only given us an update to 4.2 for the ATV 1200, 400 and 520E.

I will ask them about an update to 4.2 for the ATV 120, and I will post there answer on here.

Right now we are currently testing the update files we got for 4.2, which work with the KR 34 remote, which has been included with the ATV 400, 520E and 1200.

However we keep encountering an error when we try to upgrade any of the boxes we are trying.

This error did not occur for the final version of 4.2 we got for the new KR60 remote. We can upgrade boxes to 4.2 right now, however they will not work with the KR34 Remote that has been included with everyone's boxes, and the current Upgrade files that were given to us, which work with the KR34 remote, have been giving us an error when we try to upgrade it.

We have sent our findings to Mygica in China, and were waiting for them to fix this and send it to us, once we test it, and make sure its 100%, we will then post it on here.

Just received this msg by mail, bit confused now :?:

We will not release the new firmware on the website.

Because the upgrade from Android 4.1 to Android 4.2 is risky.

The 4.2 Android version will be running on our new products.

If you want to update it,I can send you the updating files.

Best Regards,

Elaine / mygica.com

They are telling the truth, it is risky to do the upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2. Which is why we have assured them that we will have a very detailed how to video on how to do this, and will let everyone know the risks involved in doing this update.

We will be having our dealers setup to do the update for customers in store, since this will be a safer option to getting your box upgraded to 4.2.

please send the link to me tooo, plz :)

Once we get a working version, we will post it here in the downloads section

Thanks