Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

Alrighty - so I installed from recovery - did a factory reset and flashed the IMG. Everything worked AOK at first glance.

Loaded in, did the set up (wireless connection) - again all worked great. Added my google account now problem (through settings) BUT then PLAY keeps saying 'cannot access internet' - but internet works (i.e. browser). ALso, the mygica store just crashes whenever I click the app.

Any troubleshooting tips for this?

Right now I'm re-flashing 11/05 via recovery, going to boot in and use the upgrade application to reflash the new firmware.

Yeah - I agree - so I flashed 11/05 again, set it up minorly (just the settings, wifi BUT I did log into playstore) then flashed the new firmware.

More or less OK - like others, XBMC was still there as well as 2 mygica stores. I installed Titanium Backup (own a copy) and uninstalled xbmc, kodi 14.1, and the older mygica store. I then manually installed kodi 14.2

Everything is 'ok' but noticed that sound wasn't working - just had to enable audio digital in the video settings on the custom mygica settings page.

Also - didn't the new launcher have the weather on it or something? Nothing like that, I reverted to a third party launcher.

Still testing - but now things seem to be pretty ok.

"Bring back the Nexxus Launcher"

I just installed Nova Launcher - Waow - Great Alternative

As for the rest - Upgrade went well and so far everything works fine.

I already had Kodi 14.2 installed and the upgrade left it as is.

Thanks.

I agree fully "Bring back the nova launcher"

I have never been so confused with the stock launcher, it just ads to user frustration IMHO. It makes it difficult to navigate and find settings if troubleshooting what's happening on the box. When I lost Google Play store upgrading from GMS beta firmware I almost lost it trying to find the file manager and related settings, Give people a vote, don't just take it away. Yes, we can download it but it would be 1st prize to have it installed like it always have.

• Like 1

use to have to be in advanced or expert mode now no modes work agreed your location pops up but will not save in location 1

that is with the yahoo weather app

With the Feb 25 firmware, enabling Bluetooth in setting showed "bluedroid" as enabled but my BT Logitech KB was not discovered.

The March 31 firmware no longer allows "bluedroid" to be enabled.

I bought my 380 from new stock in January, how can I tell if it has a built in BT module?

When can we expect BT support?

Odd. Now in Kodi, most videos in 1 channel and Genesis are zoomed in and skewed to the right. This didn't happen before. Any ideas?

This happened to me a couple of times - for me it was because the resolution of the android box was at 720. I changed to 1080 and all good.

I have kodi working again but using the version that came with the new update. When ever I factory reset I can't access the play store - says check your connection. Tried all the tricks, but won't stick. I then load the 11.05 update, log into playstore, don't wipe and load the new firmware. Then it works and I manually remove xbmc and the old mygica store.

Everything seems ok but Genesis seems slow but I've seen other users complain about that as well on the kodi forums.

So not the cleanest of updates but I'll leave as is for now and wait for the renewal OTA.

I'm having a weird HDMI output intermittent problem that I never had with previous firmwares.

When I turn the Mygica device back on from suspended mode or what ever it scalled (only red light on). The TV doesn't pick up the HDMI signal and says there's no signal and stays black.

When it occures I have to pull the plug on the device and reboot. This is quite anoying.

Something wacky going on if both of us were getting those no connection errors. I also tried wired and wireless to no avail. One of the fixes is to toggle airplane mode, but we don't have that mode on this box.

Problems with Screen going blank / black for a second when starting a video or skipping ahead or back within XBMC / KODI.

This is a problem with the latest update. I flashed back to the 1105 update to check and the XBMC 13.2 in that release did not exhibit the problem. Hardware Acceleration was turned on.

Flashed to the latest 0321 firmware and the problem exists even with XBMC 13.2 as well as KODI 14.1 and KODI 14.2. If I turn off hardware acceleration the problem goes away, but the software is too slow to keep up resulting in an unwatchable frame rate.

Does anyone else have this problem? Please have the developers look at this to confirm if it is a bug and will be fixed. Thanks

Edit: noticed that for some files it is not an issue. I'm trying to determine the file types. I have 2 mkv's with the same codec. One works fine, the other exhibits the problem.

I have the same problem only with ATV582 connected with Deanon AV Receiver on my other tv and ATV 582 i didn't experience this problem. Please try to fix this problem. How to flash back ?! i don't how. I tried the same way as update and it isn't work. Manual update wan't to load old FW

update with SD card through the upgrade app went smooth as silk

I like the new icons and colours as well

It took 4 attempts to get into the xbmc icon but figure that was it just still updating no issues now play back speed seems good

I do have one question what version of mag tv are we using as the most up to date version free is 5.27 and would like to know if I could do this on my own as this version of mag tv still seems to have the old bugs as the previous one if it is new at all

Thanks Mygica team for the update

thanks Justin and fellow testers getting us to a official stable release

much appreciated

i did the update but XBMC is still gotham. Why did it not upgrade to Kodi?

@kasmca and @jurbas

I have just updated to the latest 03/21 FW and I am unable to log in to the google play store as well.

I did the 11/05 FW update via the built in app, then the 03/21 update via the recovery menu, including a complete reset there and clearing the cache. All done via files off my USB stick. Upgrades seemed to go quite smoothly, other than this issue with the google play store. It's a big issue though. Hopefully one of the devs can chime in here. I'm sure they're busy as heck right now, hence the radio silence..

EDIT: this latest update has also broken support for my airmouse/keyboard combo. I don't know about you guys but I am seriously thinking about moving to another platform, which is too bad because this is my second Mygica product, which I purchased because I liked the first so much. I'm thinking a Raspberry Pi 2 or maybe the Pipo x7s; would give me access to Linux or Windows or possibly a cleaner Android build and bluetooth. Either way this box without the google play store and my keyboard is pretty brutal.. at least both my USB drives are working!

Edited by Guest

Problems with Screen going blank / black for a second when starting a video or skipping ahead or back within XBMC / KODI.

This is a problem with the latest update. I flashed back to the 1105 update to check and the XBMC 13.2 in that release did not exhibit the problem. Hardware Acceleration was turned on.

Sounds related to the automatic refresh-rate/frequency-switching. It appears this is disabled when the display output is not 24Hz... Perhaps open the Mygica settings (using the button on the remote), and change the HDMI Output mode (with HDMI Auto Detection disabled) from 24Hz to something else? Say 1080p-60Hz - and see if if still happens?

I had the exact same experience as "wallerjs".

Upgrade failed 2/3's of the way through (the Android robot froze), so unplugged (after 15-20mins of waiting), powered on again, and then the upgrade completed (except it did not upgrade XBMC... still running v13.2). How do we upgrade this now??

My ATV 582 seems a lot "snappier" now... happy about that.

Was surprised to see we are still on Android Kitkat v4.4.2... thought we would have been upgraded to v4.4.4.

Tks for the new load!

Saddie, After you flash back to 1105, log into Google Play Store. Then Do NOT do a complete reset. Instead upgrade the firmware to the lastest and you will still be logged into Google Play Store. You may have to manually install the latest KODI manually.

@kasmca

Many many thanks for this advice, I have done it and it works! It came up with XBMC 13.2, as others have noticed here. I am currently sticking with this vs upgrading to Kodi v14 b/c if it isn't broken, don't fix it!

As it stands, I am now running the 03/21 FW with XBMC 13.2 and a working Google play store, plus both USB slots working. The box does seem a little snappier, and so far my keyboard/airmouse is even mostly detected correctly! Now if I could only get a photo of the 2015 boards I could purchase a bluetooth addon!

Thanks again all,

saddie

I tried everything and this update is bad. Please Justin fix it. I assume a amlogic update is bad. My A/V receiver registers skiping time like HDMI connection is lost for second or two.

HDMI Synch BUG suspected.

After the Update the HDMI setup under CONFIG/DISPLAY are broken.

• My TV supports multiple HDMI frequencies but is not auto-synch. So I have to match the mode on both the Device and the TV.
    My TV is currently set at 1080p-60hz

On the ATV582:

• set to HDMI/Auto -> I lose the HDMI output signal when resuming from Standby
    set to HDMI/1080P-60Hz -> No immage display at all (immediatly)
    set to HDMI/1080-24hz -> Works

So in order to match my TV setup 1080P-60Hz I have set the ATV 582 HDMI output manually at 1080P-24hz

I also post the information in this thread

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=2747

I had the exact same experience as "wallerjs".

Upgrade failed 2/3's of the way through (the Android robot froze), so unplugged (after 15-20mins of waiting), powered on again, and then the upgrade completed (except it did not upgrade XBMC... still running v13.2). How do we upgrade this now??

My ATV 582 seems a lot "snappier" now... happy about that.

Was surprised to see we are still on Android Kitkat v4.4.2... thought we would have been upgraded to v4.4.4.

Tks for the new load!

Hi, what Justin suggested for me was to do the factory reset under other settings.. this did work, but wiped out my xbmc data ( which I backed up and then restored) and then I had to re-establish my playstore, netflix, etc credentials.

I used xbmc backup... it did complain about versions, but kept all my add-ins, repository. devices linkages. I did loose my main screen add-icons but I don't think xbmc backs them up..

Kodi crashes when cleaning library

Settings, Video, Clean Library.

Progress bar hits 35% Kodi crashes.

I have about 50 movies in the library. They are stored in a NAS.

Ok guys I have read through this entire thread.

And I see the main issues are the following

1. Losing picture when bringing the unit back from Standby mode, or powering up the TV while the box is still on, or from switching between HDMI Inputs on your TV.

2. Google Play Store logging in issues. I find this is caused by users coming from the BETA Firmware.

3. Support for USB Keyboard/Mouse Devices from other brands

These are important issues to fix, and I have informed our engineers to fix these ASAP.

As for the issues of users not being able to load the firmware and it failing. I have personally installed this firmware onto over 80 boxes, without any issues of it installing at all. Each time I used a 16GB SD Card formatted on FAT 32.

If there are other major issues I have missed, please reply after this post

Thanks

Justin