Justin

**NEW** ATV 582/380 MARCH 31ST FIRMWARE FEEDBACK THREAD

For those of you having Play Store issues. I have found this coming from the BETA Firmware.

What I did in my testing was flash back the 11-05 Firmware, then go with the new 03-31 Firmware and do a factory reset. The Play Store then worked for me

Did not work for me. I did as suggested, flashing back the 11-05 firmware and then to the new 3/31 Firmware. I could get to Play Store but was unable to download anything. So, I finally went back to the 02-03 Firmware and undated to Kodi 14.2 and everything worked great. Guess I'll have stick to this for awhile.

I suggest more testing needs to be done on the 03-31 Firmware because of several tweaks that need to be worked out.

Thanks,

Shadlert

Hi Justin,

Update is running fine for me save for when I do searchs in the movie addons the Querty Keyboard is blank? By blank I mean the letters and numerals are all missing. Space bar Caps Lock backspace shift symbols IP address all visble but there are no letters showing to do searches.

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi Justin,

Update is running fine for me save for when I do searchs in the movie addons the Querty Keyboard is blank? By blank I mean the letters and numerals are all missing. Space bar Caps Lock backspace shift symbols IP address all visble but there are no letters showing to do searches.

Please advise.

Thanks

Sounds like your skin is not supported in KODI Helix.

Try swapping over to Confluence skin and see if it's sorted?

My update on my ATV380 went fine except I also do not have the new Kodi. I have also found that the screen will go blank/black for a second or two when starting a video or skipping forward or back within XBMC. Not a huge issue, but something that wasn't happening before.

I do find the overall interface and connection smoother/faster.

Can someone explain how I can get Kodi working and still keep everything?

I have now done the update and all the apps are there. However, I have lost all my AddOns. Do I now need to re add all my addons such as Phonix etc???

I had the exact same experience as "wallerjs".

Upgrade failed 2/3's of the way through (the Android robot froze), so unplugged (after 15-20mins of waiting), powered on again, and then the upgrade completed (except it did not upgrade XBMC... still running v13.2). How do we upgrade this now??

My ATV 582 seems a lot "snappier" now... happy about that.

Was surprised to see we are still on Android Kitkat v4.4.2... thought we would have been upgraded to v4.4.4.

Tks for the new load!

Hi, what Justin suggested for me was to do the factory reset under other settings.. this did work, but wiped out my xbmc data ( which I backed up and then restored) and then I had to re-establish my playstore, netflix, etc credentials.

Yeah, i'll probably give that a go. I don't really have a choice. I spoke too soon when i gave my feedback. Since my upgrade, i have absolutely NO N/W CONNECTIVITY. I started with Netflix - didn't work; Google Play Store - didn't work; web browser - didn't work. Despite having tried a couple different WiFi networks, and both telling me i was connected and showing an assigned IP @, i now have absolutely no internet connectivity. Yet my WD Live Box, right next to it, works just fine. In fact, even before the latest upgrade, whenever i tried Netflix on the MyGica box, it was always choppy and buffering, while my WD Live box has been humming along without any interruption or issues at all. I really hope MyGica will improve it's quality soon - and maybe once i do the factory reset, I will see a noticeable change (i hope so). However, having to do a factory reset after every upgrade seems a bit ridiculous, and it's one of the reasons i will not recommend MyGica to people - because it really just seems to be a Beta product at best. Powerful, yes, but Beta product. You REALLY need to turn this around quickly.

Hi Justin,

Please advise.

Thanks

Sounds like your skin is not supported in KODI Helix.

Try swapping over to Confluence skin and see if it's sorted?

Switched the skin and it did the trick. Unfortunately had to give up my 7 icon home screen look though.

Worth the trade.

Thanks

Looks like I'm one of the few that have had no problems at all. Factory/wiped all data via factory boot, updated to 11/05 from sd card (only thing on card), reboot. Then installed 03/31 the same way. Mag TV works, Kodi works, brought all my backup over using usb-sd card wizard and I only lost Amber (broken). Had to install mag TV frim Play Store though since it wouldn't install from the MyGica store. No guide in mag TV but I not sure exactly how to play with that yet...

Hi all

Did the update and had to make sure there was nothing plugged in like USB sticks. Deleted kodi 14.1 and installed 14.2. Restored my setup from a back up. I am thinking it was not a good idea as it brought it's own set of issues. Will be do a reinstall soon.

Magtv is still a mystery to me in getting around, is there a how to help guide you know of.

The new update does seem quicker but time will tell. Only fault is that it locks up at times for reasons unknown to me. More on that later

At least it works

Looks like I'm one of the few that have had no problems at all. Factory/wiped all data via factory boot, updated to 11/05 from sd card (only thing on card), reboot. Then installed 03/31 the same way. Mag TV works, Kodi works, brought all my backup over using usb-sd card wizard and I only lost Amber (broken). Had to install mag TV frim Play Store though since it wouldn't install from the MyGica store. No guide in mag TV but I not sure exactly how to play with that yet...

The guide on Magtv probably does not work because your service provider doesn't provide it. Not all service providers have a EPG guide.

Hi all

Did the update and had to make sure there was nothing plugged in like USB sticks. Deleted kodi 14.1 and installed 14.2. Restored my setup from a back up. I am thinking it was not a good idea as it brought it's own set of issues. Will be do a reinstall soon.

Magtv is still a mystery to me in getting around, is there a how to help guide you know of.

The new update does seem quicker but time will tell. Only fault is that it locks up at times for reasons unknown to me. More on that later

At least it works

Been told there will be a how to guide for MAG TV soon up on You Tube.

Will post it once I see its up

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

What about the issue with the screen going black temporarily when you fast forward or rewind in XBMC/Kodi?

Re: screen going blank etc.

I'd be interested to know if this issue is happening when you guys plug your box straight into the TV via HDMI, i.e. no receiver in between? Anyone want to test?

Also, with the blank/black youtube - I had this issue on one of the previous FWs. The youtube frame was still there, with sound, but a black rectangle for video.. but when I clicked on the 'full screen' button, the video would pop up and play fine full screen.. weird...

Re: screen going blank etc.

I'd be interested to know if this issue is happening when you guys plug your box straight into the TV via HDMI, i.e. no receiver in between? Anyone want to test?

Also, with the blank/black youtube - I had this issue on one of the previous FWs. The youtube frame was still there, with sound, but a black rectangle for video.. but when I clicked on the 'full screen' button, the video would pop up and play fine full screen.. weird...

Yes, it happens to me, too.

I have the 380 connected to my Sharp 82U connected directly with just the HDMI cable.

I had no issues like this with any firmware before and including 1105.

The beta firmware that followed had the problem and now the latest release does the same thing.

It is random and it doesn't happen all the time. I have my 380 set to go in stand-by after 12 minutes I had it set like this in all previous firmwares.

I start the TV, I switch the input, then I press the power button for the 380 to come from stand-by and it does but 3-4 out of 10 the lights are green but the screen stays black.

If I press the power button again it will go in stand-by but upon pressing it again the LED will turn from red to green but screen will stay black.

If I wait another 12 minutes to go in stand-by by itself again then I try again, most of the times it might work.

I had an issue with the latest firmware update, where the system froze at the 1st restart after the OTA update was installed so the only solution was to clean flash the image.

What I can say is this bug was introduced after the 1105 firmware update.

Otherwise the system is really fast and I had no significant crashes with the latest firmware.

I am back on old FW.

It worked almost fine, but then all I have 1/4 picture in KODI, cant get it back no matter what. Play Store stops installing apps, error.

And now I cant find latest patch for old FW, it is removed ?

What version of kodi? And did you run the TV add-ons configuration wizard?

I had this problem, happened mostly on SD videos (which is mostly what I watch for buffering reasons). Did a clean install and the problem went away, biggest difference was I left kodi at 14.1 and used the android configuration wizard and NOT the mygica option in TV add ons. Might be placebo but I wasnt going to try and reinvent the problem once everything was working.

Check your overscan settings. First in android itself:

- launch the Settings MBOX app, click Display, click Display Position and make sure this is set right for your TV

Then launch XBMC and do the same...

Go to: Settings â–¶ System, Video output, Video calibration...

and make sure it is set right for your TV. Probably not the issue but worth a check...

Thanks for the update!

I admit that I wasted a lot of time trying to get the update to go because I hadn't formatted my SDCard properly. I had formatted my card as exFAT. I was getting the famous .. cannot mount /sdcard ... I solved the problem by downloading a 3rd party format tool for Win8.1 and repartitioned and formatted my sdcard properly. The install worked like a charm and I'm ready to test the update out.

Thanks again!

Pi

Having been on the new firmware longer with my 380 I've found that regardless of using XBMC 13.2, Kodi 14.1/14.2 that over time I start to see performance issues.. has anyone else? Makes me think there is a memory leak or something.

getting frustrated with this box would like to update the firmware cause of issues so I downloaded the 371 mb update copy and pasted it on usb and microsd card I go to local update and it doesn't see it