Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

Hi Moderators

What is the status of the new update? Is it in progress? .... still having Netflix issues.

Thanks in advance.

I had "Flybynight" bring his box to me, and I swapped it for him.

He was having major Audio Sync issues in Netflix, now when I hooked up his unit up and watched Netflix for 2+ hours, I could not find any audio sync issues. I even asked 3 other co workers to watch it, in case I was seeing things different and they got the same results as me.

He mentioned to me afterwards that he changed the Playback settings of his Netflix account to this

I was thinking it may have something to do with the Netflix settings of my account. Which had playback settings set to "High" and Test Participation set to "On".

I currently have the settings at Playback - "Auto" and Test Participation - "Off".

I will continue to try reproduce this here, but haven't been able to so far.

Hi Moderators

What is the status of the new update? Is it in progress? .... still having Netflix issues.

Thanks in advance.

He was having major Audio Sync issues in Netflix, now when I hooked up his unit up and watched Netflix for 2+ hours, I could not find any audio sync issues. I even asked 3 other co workers to watch it, in case I was seeing things different and they got the same results as me.

He mentioned to me afterwards that he changed the Playback settings of his Netflix account to this

I was thinking it may have something to do with the Netflix settings of my account. Which had playback settings set to "High" and Test Participation set to "On".

I currently have the settings at Playback - "Auto" and Test Participation - "Off".

But is there a new firmware release coming in the next week or so? Is lollipop going to be a reality? Will we eventually have hd Netflix app. Are you progressing towards Android TV certification?

These are all statements you have made over the past year Justin. Will some/all become reality?

Thanks!

Hi Moderators

Thanks in advance.

But is there a new firmware release coming in the next week or so? Is lollipop going to be a reality? Will we eventually have hd Netflix app. Are you progressing towards Android TV certification?

These are all statements you have made over the past year Justin. Will some/all become reality?

Thanks!

- Firmware update being sent as OTA within the next week or so

- We will be moving to Lollipop 5.1 by next month. Plus I will be posting OPENELEC as well. And we will also be adding a different ROM version of Android 5.1 from a new group of coders who will be on this forum as well supporting, just working out the details with them now.

So you will have 3 options to choose from soon, 2 versions of Android and Openelec KODI Linux.

- Netflix HD app, we are working out a deal with a private app store which has the DRM Certification with Netflix for Netflix HD TV version, we hope to have this deal done within the next few months. We found out after talking with Netflix, they require DRM Certification to get the Netflix TV App + HD, and it is very hard to get this from them. So we found a work around with the private app store.

- Android TV Certification is not possible right now for AMLogic devices. Google will only certify certain chipsets, which right now are Intel, Broadcom, Qualcomm and Nvidia Tegra, I might have missed some, but this is the info that was given to me directly from Google.

Forgot to add

This new group of coders said external usb bluetooth is possible as well.

Just need to send them few dongles to them so they can add the support for it.

And then will post up which brand and model # can be used.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new ROM version! Hopefully this will correct some issues with the 1800e which still seem to persist.

Just to let everyone know the replacement 1800e I got from Justin has only a slight Netflix audio sync issue which has the audio lagging the video. At least it makes Netflix watchable again... the other issue with Netflix I have seen is the video is jerky at times, this is most apparent when the camera is panning a scene, but shows up other times. I've read that this type of behaviour can be attributed to dropped video frames?

As for the account settings in Netflix I've tried different settings with the new box and without any apparent benefit to the issues I've just highlighted. Unfortunately I did not think of trying this with the original box which had a very bad audio sync issue, so hopefully Justin can try changing these settings on his Netflix account to reproduce the problems I was having with it. It makes no sense to me why the same box can behave so differently with another Netflix user account... Which only has settings for playback quality and test participation. It is not my network connection because my old ATV1200 plays Netflix perfectly fine and this was using the very same account settings in Netflix. I even bypassed my network totally and ran Netflix on the 1800e using my phone as a hotspot on the LTE network, but same sync issues.

FBN

Justin

Hope to see the new update via OTA soon!!!

Ethernet and WiFi connection, velocity, will improve in this new update?

Regards

Yes

There should be no issues with Ethernet though, this has been tested many many times.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new ROM version! Hopefully this will correct some issues with the 1800e which still seem to persist.

Just to let everyone know the replacement 1800e I got from Justin has only a slight Netflix audio sync issue which has the audio lagging the video. At least it makes Netflix watchable again... the other issue with Netflix I have seen is the video is jerky at times, this is most apparent when the camera is panning a scene, but shows up other times. I've read that this type of behaviour can be attributed to dropped video frames?

As for the account settings in Netflix I've tried different settings with the new box and without any apparent benefit to the issues I've just highlighted. Unfortunately I did not think of trying this with the original box which had a very bad audio sync issue, so hopefully Justin can try changing these settings on his Netflix account to reproduce the problems I was having with it. It makes no sense to me why the same box can behave so differently with another Netflix user account... Which only has settings for playback quality and test participation. It is not my network connection because my old ATV1200 plays Netflix perfectly fine and this was using the very same account settings in Netflix. I even bypassed my network totally and ran Netflix on the 1800e using my phone as a hotspot on the LTE network, but same sync issues.

FBN

I applied the settings and there is a noticeable difference on my Netflix experience. It ain't perfect but a step towards the right direction. Thanks for sharing guys but it ain't sorted out yet IMHO. Needs a bit of work still and I'm sure others are looking for and official release in the form of a rom soon. Betas are fine but they should be just that ... betas.

To better your Netflix experience set the box to 24Hz ... it looks better this way.

FBN

I applied the settings and there is a noticeable difference on my Netflix experience. It ain't perfect but a step towards the right direction. Thanks for sharing guys but it ain't sorted out yet IMHO. Needs a bit of work still and I'm sure others are looking for and official release in the form of a rom soon. Betas are fine but they should be just that ... betas.

To better your Netflix experience set the box to 24Hz ... it looks better this way.

As stated before, been trying for weeks to reproduce this.

Even got 'Flybynights' 1800E, and still could no reproduce the issue.

Sounds more like an account settings issue at this point

Well Justin in my own opinion please push an "official release" out that Mygica deems acceptable.

Glad and grateful you are looking into it. To honest I have seen regression of the AML codec in Netflix.

On the K200 boxes the 108K4 firmware was the best for Netflix. I'm sure you will come up with a fix.

No pressure my side - I cancelled my Netflix account.

Well Justin in my own opinion please push an "official release" out that Mygica deems acceptable.

Glad and grateful you are looking into it. To honest I have seen regression of the AML codec in Netflix.

On the K200 boxes the 108K4 firmware was the best for Netflix. I'm sure you will come up with a fix.

Pushing for an OTA update very soon.

But we also plan on moving from 4.4.2 to 5.1 in September.

Pushing for an OTA update very soon.

But we also plan on moving from 4.4.2 to 5.1 in September.

Justin, moving to 5.1 will allow you to do what upgrades exactly? What is the benefit?

5.1 has faster app loading.

Faster OS

Cleaner looking settings GUI

Adds built in Chromecast

Voice search (With compatible remote)

We plan to use non rooted firmware, so lots of GO apps and streaming apps should work now

There are other benefits as well. I have been using 5.0.2 for a few months now, and enjoy it way more over 4.4.2

Faster OS

Adds built in Chromecast

We plan to use non rooted firmware, so lots of GO apps and streaming apps should work now

There are other benefits as well. I have been using 5.0.2 for a few months now, and enjoy it way more over 4.4.2

Will this mean hd Netflix is coming soon? Hehe, I really want this. Also will the new nf app have Dolby 5.1, 7.1 sound capabilities?

Thanks!

Faster OS

Adds built in Chromecast

Will this mean hd Netflix is coming soon? Hehe, I really want this. Also will the new nf app have Dolby 5.1, 7.1 sound capabilities?

Thanks!

Here is Justin's response on the Netflix HD debacle ...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2724&start=200

Oh Netflix can be Dolby Digital if the right DRM and Widevine licenses can be acquired :-)

P.S Hope Mygica leaves us with a solid KitKat 4.4.2 experience in case some of us wants to revert back should the new OS not live up to expectation.

- Netflix HD app, we are working out a deal with a private app store which has the DRM Certification with Netflix for Netflix HD TV version, we hope to have this deal done within the next few months. We found out after talking with Netflix, they require DRM Certification to get the Netflix TV App + HD, and it is very hard to get this from them. So we found a work around with the private app store.

Trying to seal the deal on this within the next few months.

It is a long process for this.

P.S Hope Mygica leaves us with a solid KitKat 4.4.2 experience in case some of us wants to revert back should the new OS not live up to expectation.

I agree, my old nexus 7 tablet took a lollipop update and it was so slow that I had to revert back to KitKat to make it usable. And this was a Google product.

I have had the 1800e for around 6 month and, lately, it has issues with not displaying video, but sound is coming through. The solution is to unplug the power and after restart it works ok. This happens with downloaded video, residing on a diskdrive connected to my WIFI/Ethernet home server. The Mygica is connected via ethernet to the server. The Mygica is connected via HDMI to my amplifier and from there by HDMI to my TV. The loss of video happens when I start it from sleeping, but lately I have watched one show, then switch to another, without restarting the MyGica and video is lost, while audio is normal. I use Kodi 15.1 to play the video from the server disk. The Mygica shows Model:XS, Android: 4.4.2 and Kernel 3.10.33. Automatic updates is checked.

The problem is not in the amplifier, as I do not make any changes to this unit, nor the TV, when I power-toggle the MyGica box. The power-toggle always works.

Please help.

Have just purchased a 1800e and like one lady I found on here, not a computer whiz. My set is loaded with kodi it seems, yet I have no idea how to enjoy the benefits of this box. Can someone send me instructions on how to get the most from this system?

Have just purchased a 1800e and like one lady I found on here, not a computer whiz. My set is loaded with kodi it seems, yet I have no idea how to enjoy the benefits of this box. Can someone send me instructions on how to get the most from this system?

Try searching for How To Videos on You Tube in regards to this

You will find endless amounts of videos related to this topic on there.

Thanks, so sorry. I'll try you tube again. Are you allowed to recommend anyone on youtube?

Fusion is the right thing to do. Then install addon installer. Google it too. Genisis is a good addon to use. Google and you will find!

FBN