Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

You can leave your feedback here for ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

I have now successfully done the update. However, when I did it I lost all of my AddOns so had to re add them all. One Music AddOn 181.1 now does not work and shows a script error. Any remedy for this???

@justin

So far, the update is working for me. The only glitch that I notice every now and then is my air mouse gets laggy. I just reboot the box if that happens so no biggie. However, on the topic of rebooting the box...I had originally uninstalled 3 apps (Facebook, Wifi Analyzer and another app). Upon reboot, those apps got installed again. I'm pretty sure if I can get root access, it is a simple delete of the apps in the app-priv folder so they don't come back but can you ensure this doesn't happen in the next update.

Cheers

X

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

I have tried all types of resolution settings also.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

For everyone having issues with there screens going blank when changing HDMI inputs and going back to your MyGica and also when you first turn on the TV

I have been trying to reproduce this issue here on 5 different brands of TV's but I cannot do it.

Could you please post the brand name and model of your TV, so I can try it on my end.

I was able to reproduce the Play Store issue myself coming from 11-05 firmware and also Beta Firmware, so that is being worked on by engineers.

Mine is a Sony KDL-46XBR4 , Satellite box on Video 1 and MyGica on Video2 , both HDMI.

I have found that if I just don't touch the MyGica let a show end and leave it as is switching to Video 1 and It is still usable when I go back to Video2. If I standby the MyGica I can't get it back until a re-power cycle.

Samsung UN55HU9000FXZA

I found that if you leave an app open. Say YouTube, most of the time you can switch source and come back and the screen will refresh fine.

However just at the Home Screen with nothing running, if it goes to sleep. The issue will be there or simply by just switching source, the black screen will be there. Saying no signal

I came from the Feb beta firmware. I did a clean install, wiping all settings and resetting.

I then went back to 2014 official firmware and this issue is not there for me. But after upgrading to the March Firmware again, the issue is there. Every time wiping all settings and resetting everything before the upgrade. BTW this issue was not there in the Feb beta firmware for me either.

Also I do have an issue with the Play Store not loading my currently installed apps.

I have had this issue since I got my 1800E back in Sept 2014 so I'm not sure this is a software issue because it hasn't changed with all of the updates for my box between now and then. I have my 1800E plugged into a Yamaha RX-A3030 receiver and then from the receiver to a 46" Sharp LCD that is about 6 or 7 years old now both with an HDMI cable and the receiver is set to "through" for resolution and the tv is 1080P. I get a message on my TV that says "input signal not compatible" when turning the box on from standby and/or from switching back and forth inputs on the receiver or if I turn the TV off and then back on. Sometimes I can switch the input on the TV and then back to fix it, sometime if I switch the input on the receiver back and forth it will fix it, sometimes unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in fixes it, but unplugging the power from my 1800E and doing a cold boot always fixes it. I think it's a hardware compatibility issue not a software bug. Is there any way the software could be made so that the box shuts down completely so that when you turn it on it boots from scratch instead of going into a standby when you power off where it leaves the USB ports outputting power and does a quick boot when you turn it back on?

I have had this issue since I got my 1800E back in Sept 2014 so I'm not sure this is a software issue because it hasn't changed with all of the updates for my box between now and then. I have my 1800E plugged into a Yamaha RX-A3030 receiver and then from the receiver to a 46" Sharp LCD that is about 6 or 7 years old now both with an HDMI cable and the receiver is set to "through" for resolution and the tv is 1080P. I get a message on my TV that says "input signal not compatible" when turning the box on from standby and/or from switching back and forth inputs on the receiver or if I turn the TV off and then back on. Sometimes I can switch the input on the TV and then back to fix it, sometime if I switch the input on the receiver back and forth it will fix it, sometimes unplugging the HDMI and plugging it back in fixes it, but unplugging the power from my 1800E and doing a cold boot always fixes it. I think it's a hardware compatibility issue not a software bug. Is there any way the software could be made so that the box shuts down completely so that when you turn it on it boots from scratch instead of going into a standby when you power off where it leaves the USB ports outputting power and does a quick boot when you turn it back on?

I have the same issue as you using a Yamaha RX-A2020 and Panasonic plasma 1080P / 3D tv. But if I set the 1800e output to 1080i/60 the black screen issue goes away. I also set my Receiver to upscale and re-process.

I had no trouble upgrading my 1800E "2015 Edition" from the beta firmware to this load. I did a factory reset first, however.

Biggest issue is WiFi performance. Most video is unwatchable due to frequent (10 seconds or so) buffering. This is with a WiFi 5GHz signal, with decent signal strength. By comparison, I can watch the same content, at the same resolution, on an ION-based MythTV front-end at the same location with a 2.4GHz WiFi interface. Effectively makes the box unusable for me.

I am now seeing odd video syncing issues at power on, that I didn't have before. Sometimes very dim displays. Sometimes flickering.

Google App Store works fine.

Google Play Movies plays audio, but black screen for video.

NHL Game Centre seems to work okay.

Shomi almost works.... video starts playing, and then after a couple of seconds starts buffering, and then returns to the menu. But I'm likely to blame that on the app, as the app is poor quality.

Netflix is okay... just poor quality due to low bandwidth/poor quality connection.

Really hoping the WiFi issue gets sorted soon.

I had no trouble upgrading my 1800E "2015 Edition" from the beta firmware to this load. I did a factory reset first, however.

Biggest issue is WiFi performance. Most video is unwatchable due to frequent (10 seconds or so) buffering. This is with a WiFi 5GHz signal, with decent signal strength. By comparison, I can watch the same content, at the same resolution, on an ION-based MythTV front-end at the same location with a 2.4GHz WiFi interface. Effectively makes the box unusable for me.

I am now seeing odd video syncing issues at power on, that I didn't have before. Sometimes very dim displays. Sometimes flickering.

Google App Store works fine.

Google Play Movies plays audio, but black screen for video.

NHL Game Centre seems to work okay.

Shomi almost works.... video starts playing, and then after a couple of seconds starts buffering, and then returns to the menu. But I'm likely to blame that on the app, as the app is poor quality.

Netflix is okay... just poor quality due to low bandwidth/poor quality connection.

Really hoping the WiFi issue gets sorted soon.

May I ask you something, why everytime I open the Kodi or XMBC the sound of my home theater buming like "bummm"? although not so loud, but it so annoying me. I connect via RCA tv box to my home theater RCA. Thank you for your help.

Justin, my TV is a Samsung DLP 750. I find when turning the 1800 on plus TV and my Denon receiver the TV does not pick up the signal until I disconnect power and connect it again. Just started with this new firmware. With old firmware would not pick up 1080 p with this Tv but that has now been fixed with the new firmware.

Justin, my TV is a Samsung DLP 750. I find when turning the 1800 on plus TV and my Denon receiver the TV does not pick up the signal until I disconnect power and connect it again. Just started with this new firmware. With old firmware would not pick up 1080 p with this Tv but that has now been fixed with the new firmware.

Try powering up your 1800e last. First power up the receiver,....select the correct input,....then turn on the TV and select the correct input. then power up the 1800e. what you may be experiencing is "HDMI hand shake" protocol,....every device handles HDMI a bit differently and sometimes the solution is as simple as just changing the power up order of your devices. Worth a try anyway.

Try powering up your 1800e last. First power up the receiver,....select the correct input,....then turn on the TV and select the correct input. then power up the 1800e. what you may be experiencing is "HDMI hand shake" protocol,....every device handles HDMI a bit differently and sometimes the solution is as simple as just changing the power up order of your devices. Worth a try anyway.

Thanks I will try that.

I just got the 1800e 4 days ago, so far I also have had a black screen issue (had to unplug the unit), another time the screen was dim for 30 seconds, then was ok. And another time it was black for 20 seconds, then flickered for 10 seconds, then was ok. Other times its starts up fine, and works great once its on. Other than netflix is choppy and audio/video out of sync. It came with the latest firmware. Hooked up to a Sharp Aquos 46le810un with hdmi, and hardwired network. Is downgrading the firmware an option or not recommended??

Justin,

Any update on when we can expect a fix for this black screen issues? It has been almost a month since the last firmware was released and we have no update on whether this will be fixed on the next version. Do you want me to record some videos on how it happens. I can replicate the issue different ways. Even just by switching source on my TV.

This is very annoying and I'm only sticking with this firmware because it fixes the issues with the internal player on some apps and it fully supports the RK301 remote.

Any news on when the "Invalid license, audio cannot out decode to output" error will be fixed on the built in 4K Player when playing Dolby digital files?

Any news on when the "Invalid license, audio cannot out decode to output" error will be fixed on the built in 4K Player when playing Dolby digital files?

I need the actual Video file that you are using to reproduce this so it can be solved

Just email me where you downloaded it from

support@mygica.ca

If its a large file don't worry, I have a 100MB Download connection with unlimited bandwidth

I need the actual Video file that you are using to reproduce this so it can be solved

Just email me where you downloaded it from

support@mygica.ca

If its a large file don't worry, I have a 100MB Download connection with unlimited bandwidth

E-mail sent - thanks for the support!

Hrmm, droid was updating, status bar filled to 100%, next the bar was moving left to right and then froze. I power cycled after 30 mins and it gets stuck at the kit kat 4x screen.