Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

I seem to be getting plenty of black screen issues on the box. This happens now on a daily basis up to 4 times depending on my usage.

Switching between Netflix, XBMC and 4K player and applications when it happens. Tried switching to auto but it persists and everytime I need to pull power on the box. It's a HDMI handshaking issue for sure and I don't think the GMS fw had this issue.

When can we expect the fix for this and when is the new firmware due? The moderators have been quiet.

Last firmware was 31st of March and stock was 20th of March, there is a lot that can still be fixed, in comparison with my no name MXIII Box, the cheaper box out of the two, it seems to have the better development and are 2-3 revisions ahead on the AML SDK and video codec side. Also Netflix suffers from frame rate related issue on this fw and Facebook and Speedtest applications reinstalls upon every reboot.

I have noticed that SPMC offers better playback as it seems there are way less frame skipping and or frame dropping than Kodi. Problem here is that resume play doesn't work on SPMC. I only use UPnP on Kodi or SPMC to view on my TV as there are no frame drops or skips.

So what's the point of this?

3. This update will not factory reset your box. However it is suggested that you backup your apps and data and do a factory reset to have a fresh install

Please note this will port over all of your apps and settings. If you are running XBMC Gotham it will install KODI 14.1, when you open KODI for the 1st time, it will move all of your add ons and user data over.

I have update the firmware on my 1800e to the "20150321" update.

After doing the update I cannot use Google Play store.

I get a "Check your connection and try again" message. I have tried clearing the cache etc and tried some trouble shooting but still have the problem. Google play was fine before doing the firmware upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have update the firmware on my 1800e to the "20150321" update.

After doing the update I cannot use Google Play store.

I get a "Check your connection and try again" message. I have tried clearing the cache etc and tried some trouble shooting but still have the problem. Google play was fine before doing the firmware upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ask at support email address for the update. I had this problem and after the fix I reboots and problem solved.

It's been almost 2 months now and no fix for a firmware that's not acceptable on your flagship model come on guys get us a fix. I know your working hard on it but you have to know this is affecting your future sales. I know several friends including myself who won't be purchasing another MyGica until we see faster support. We deserve better after spending twice as much on your box compared to your competitors.

I might be going back to the GMS beta firmware, had enough of black / blank screen issues.

Not sure if all development efforts are spent on Android L but in the meantime the frustration is mounting.

My gf can't even watch without effort and the box now needs to be power cycled for it to work a few times a day.

This is not OK on any level.

Thinking of selling it at this stage as the development is just slow as hell. Where is Justin and why is no one giving us feedback on here?

I might be going back to the GMS beta firmware, had enough of black / blank screen issues.

Not sure if all development efforts are spent on Android L but in the meantime the frustration is mounting.

My gf can't even watch without effort and the box now needs to be power cycled for it to work a few times a day.

This is not OK on any level.

Thinking of selling it at this stage as the development is just slow as hell. Where is Justin and why is no one giving us feedback on here?

Wow Dlangejc,

I'm so sorry you are getting this blank screen issue. I think it must be isolated to specific TVs or HTS. I am (as you know) running the latest beta software and have had no issues with the blank screen. I have it set at 1080p/60 and it works perfectly.

Have you tried switching TV's? Try also how you boot up your system.

My system boots up as follows:

Panasonic TV/Yamaha receiver/MyGica 1800e

I think boot up sequence might be an issue.

I wish I could help more.

Yes where is Justin? Or a reasonable facsimile!

I posted this before and could not agree more with those two posts above,

this device is nightmare, you would be crazy to buy it if you can get w8.1 box for $100.

MyGica should hold it's head in shame to butcher Android like this!

Absolutely unusable for daily use for regular non tech people.

this device is nightmare, you would be crazy to buy it if you can get w8.1 box for $100.

thanks for speaking up lifeisfun but even for myself who is very techy as I used to write my own scripts and flash my units with a homemade jtag in the old satellite days. This box is becoming a pain in the ass and I too am looking at selling it and buying 2 Roku 3 units when they go on sale. sure the Roku 3 doesn't have 4k but who cares nothing is broadcasting in 4k now anyway. and why should I have to move it to different TVs for it to work there are several people on here with many different brands of TVs having the same issue it's a firmware glitch. the reason we're not hearing from anyone is because they don't know how to fix it or they're just not spending any time on it one is as bad as the other.

Yeah I know it's much cheaper now for w8.1 and IMHO and I can't recommend this device anymore. I have been loyal as hell and so have you but if you push people beyond the state of caring anymore there is just no point. Beelink and Minix have much better development at this stage and I'm a finding myself moving towards Beelink again. The developers have access to the same SDKs and why are they not pushing out the same fixes?????

@freakrant Thanks for the suggestions but it's just the LG Smart TV and Mygica box. Tried changing it around several times but the result is the same. I even took the amplifier out as I thought that might help in troubleshooting. HDMI is a sneaky bastard at best and it seems this fw just sucks real bad.

I got fed up of just waiting around for the new firmware and picked up a HP Stream Mini,...it was the blue one that was on sale at the Microsoft online store for $ 197.00 it comes with Win 8.1 64 bit OS,....a $ 25.00 MS store gift card,...200GB of One Drive cloud storage,.....etc. I did end up upgrading the stock RAM of 2gb to 8gb and also upgraded the stock 32gb ssd to 256 ssd. This box now replaces my 1800e !,.......The HP Mini is a far superior media box than the 1800e in my opinion and it runs smooth as silk with no issues what so ever. I don't think I will buy another Android OS device again.

I got fed up of just waiting around for the new firmware and picked up a HP Stream Mini,...it was the blue one that was on sale at the Microsoft online store for $ 197.00 it comes with Win 8.1 64 bit OS,....a $ 25.00 MS store gift card,...200GB of One Drive cloud storage,.....etc. I did end up upgrading the stock RAM of 2gb to 8gb and also upgraded the stock 32gb ssd to 256 ssd. This box now replaces my 1800e !,.......The HP Mini is a far superior media box than the 1800e in my opinion and it runs smooth as silk with no issues what so ever. I don't think I will buy another Android OS device again.

Thanks for the suggestion KLF. I said I'd wait to return this device but after reading your post and looking more into the mini PCs. I just placed a return for my 1800e. Can't leave it to chance since the moderators here seem to have vanished. That's not a good sign of things to come...

Thanks for the suggestion KLF. I said I'd wait to return this device but after reading your post and looking more into the mini PCs. I just placed a return for my 1800e. Can't leave it to chance since the moderators here seem to have vanished. That's not a good sign of things to come...

You are right about the mods disappearing! I've seen this happen before and one day the site was gone.... makes you wonder if Mygica is in trouble and this is the first warning sign? I've not peeled off the plastic wrap on my new 1800e, anticipating that I wil be returning it in the next couple of days if nothing happens here soon. These HP Stream Mini sound interesting.... I will be looking at one if I end up ditching MyGica.

FBN

Hello Everyone

Sorry for being absent over the past month. I have had many other things that required my attention in relation to MyGica, and I did have some new Mods come on board to help with everything during this time and also in the future. I have been out of the office away on business all over for the last month, but will be shifting my focus back to support MyGica fully on a retail level.

However I am sorry that I have neglected an update to the Firmware that was posted by me on March 31st.

I have now made this my #1 priority right now until we can push out an OTA update to fix all of the common issues that everyone is having.

Such as Play Store, Installing Apps, moving to Kodi 14.2, Blank Screen Issues etc

I have arranged a mandatory meeting tonight with our engineers, and will get all of the patch files for each fix that I have been given compiled into a new FW Update.

Once again guys, very sorry about my absence, I will get this all fixed ASAP

Thanks

Justin

HI,

I bought by 1800e in April. How do I see what the latest firmware is on my unit? Also, just the past day or so, regardless of the show or movie I try to watch, It takes for ever to buffer and even when it has buffered for 20 minutes it still plays frame by frame. Very frustrating. How can I fix this? I have hi speed internet and have reset my router several times to clear the cache. I have the unit hardwired and not wifi...but it still has the same issue if on wifi.

Please help!

Welcome back! However, it is not good to leave the ship without anyone at the helm.... it sure looks like the ship hit a reef and now is sinking.

Can you tell me if the OTA will work with version 20150321? I'm still using this one because the March 31 release is a disaster. I would hate to go to the 31 release only to get the OTA.

FBN

Welcome back! However, it is not good to leave the ship without anyone at the helm.... it sure looks like the ship hit a reef and now is sinking.

Can you tell me if the OTA will work with version 20150321? I'm still using this one because the March 31 release is a disaster. I would hate to go to the 31 release only to get the OTA.

FBN

20150321 FW is exactly what I posted on March 31st.

This is just date stamped from our engineers on that day, I received it on the 28th, and posted it up for download on the 31st.

So yes an OTA Update will work on the 20150321 FW

I am not sure where to post. I purchases a MyGica for my hubby for Xmas with XBMC

AVT 1800 maybe

Anyway we are not tech savoy people so have no idea if we have to do anything after having it for a few months.

My Hubby says he is not able to watch any movies the past few nights he also believe an update happened but has no clue what to do now.

I purchase this through Justin

Justin can you contact us and help please?

marion@aqualease.com

Welcome back @Justin

Did you take a look at the files I posted? Also can you do a full upload of the new firmware when it's ready?

OTA still sounds like Sci-Fi as it doesn't always work and we might need the original files to flash the firmware.

I'm hoping here that the developers have a roadmap that's aligned with that of Amlogic's SDK, then they won't have sit around and wait for instruction, they can always follow competitors enhancements on firmware on AML S802 and implement accordingly, yes the hardware isn't all the same but the AML SDK components are. Thanks J.

FBN

20150321 FW is exactly what I posted on March 31st.

This is just date stamped from our engineers on that day, I received it on the 28th, and posted it up for download on the 31st.

So yes an OTA Update will work on the 20150321 FW

Justin, Interesting.... since the 20150321 version I have doesn't seem to have some of the same issues others are reporting.... however it is also not without problems.

The reports of issues with the latest firmware are contained in many posts on this site... maybe it would be a good idea to gather them all and post them in a new thread as a list? That way the users can verify that the issues they are experiencing have been identified to the software developers and if not, they can add them to the list.

FBN

Is there a phone number we can call to discuss how to get our issues fixed?? As I mentioned my husband can not watch any movies and other items.

He is not sitting one a computer in a discussion board looking for answers.

Now that I am looking here I am seeing issues that are not getting addressed?

What is the return policy on these boxes if no one is taking care of issues?

Again I would appreciate an email from Justin with contact info where he can be called to discuss the box.

Not sit around online and wait for a possible response in a timely manor.

Is there a phone number we can call to discuss how to get our issues fixed?? As I mentioned my husband can not watch any movies and other items.

Again I would appreciate an email from Justin with contact info where he can be called to discuss the box.

I don't mean to be rude but this thread is not the place to be bringing up your issue its called hijacking a thread this is strictly about firmware issues you need to start your own thread and Justin will respond. I realize you're frustrated but if you did some research before you bought the box you would have known there was a learning curve you can't just set these things up and expect to get free TV and movies you have to put in a little effort no matter which box you would have bought. I suggest that you look on Kijiji and find someone in your area who sets these boxes up ready to go and see if they'll do yours for you otherwise none of these boxes are for you. once again sorry you're having issues but you can't expect to plug something in and just start getting everything for free you have to put in some effort and time. everything you need to know is on YouTube if you want to spend time but given your other posts your best bet is to buy a box that is already set up from Kijiji

We have a 1-855 # Setup for Tech Support

The Phone Lines are open from 9AM to 7PM Eastern Standard Time

1-855-694-4228 Option #2 is for Support

Please note we do not assist with Third Party Apps though

We will have a new firmware out to address issues very soon. However if you are having issues with certain apps not providing you with movies, we cannot assist with that.....

HI,

I bought by 1800e in April. How do I see what the latest firmware is on my unit? Also, just the past day or so, regardless of the show or movie I try to watch, It takes for ever to buffer and even when it has buffered for 20 minutes it still plays frame by frame. Very frustrating. How can I fix this? I have hi speed internet and have reset my router several times to clear the cache. I have the unit hardwired and not wifi...but it still has the same issue if on wifi.

Please help!

Just by going into the settings menu, and other

You will see a Build #, that build # has a date in it.

Our current FW for the ATV 1800E is 0321