Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

@Justin

Do you have any news to share with is in regards to an official build based on Kitkat?

Some of us still have a non working Google Play store .... hint hint ...

Did you try the patch?

Still trying to locate it ... lol.

What's it called?

Lovely, so my father is having more difficulties in using this box. Netflix app is broken, I can't even access google play to try and upgrade netflix due to GP being broken too. Xbmc is a hit and miss when turning off device and back on. Movies still dropping frames. Just can't win with this streamer. Give me a nuc any day.

Two words are used on this post

1. Broken apps

2. Streamer

It's actually three words but who's counting right?

we have tonz and thousands of Mygica boxes sold none of them have named Streamer + if you are having issue with the box so much we do have warranty for a reason, you can create a ticket send the box to us and we can check see what's the problem and fix it

I call it what I want to call it, this is the **NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD yeah? so it could be one of the two boxes but just for you I'll name it Streamer E

One more thing.. make sure its Mygica Box and on next post please bring in the model ID that way we know how to fix the issue before you blame everything

I'm not blaming everything, I'm blaming the box, I still can't get Google Play to work and I managed to fix Netflix by downloading the latest APK, but guess what! Netflix requires the latest Google Services to work! this box does not work after installing the latest firmware and being wiped

And I have no warranty left.

got my new mygica 1800e about 2 weeks ago. it appears to have the newest firmware update as it displays kodi 14.1. probably once or twice per day the box freezes as I am going through the menus. sometimes if I leave it for 15 or 20 mins it will unfreeze and I can use it again. most times it freezes to the point where I have to unplug the power and re boot, because simply turning off and on doesn't fix the problem.

can anyone tell me how to fix this issue of freezing?

Hi guys,

I have problem with wifi on my ATV 1800.

When I've bought ATV 1800 it came with 11/05 firmware installed. Both wifi and Ethernet port were working fine. When I updated to March 31st firmware, wifi stop working. Going back to 11/05 firmware did not solve the issue.

I would appreciate any help.

BR,

mahechinjo

Hi guys,

I have problem with wifi on my ATV 1800.

When I've bought ATV 1800 it came with 11/05 firmware installed. Both wifi and Ethernet port were working fine. When I updated to March 31st firmware, wifi stop working. Going back to 11/05 firmware did not solve the issue.

I would appreciate any help.

BR,

mahechinjo

Hi

May I know the serial # of your unit?

So I can provide you with the right firmware to fix your wifi issue

Let me know

Thanks

I'm having a similar issue as mahechinjo. After updating my 1800 to the new firmware (update_MyGica_1800-582-380_4.4_20150321), my WIFI has also stopped working. Should I go back to the 11/05 firmware?

SN: MV180015011211

Thanks for your help.

HI Chachi

Try this patch to get Google Play to work.

https://mega.co.nz/#!IlswhIKT!57GzC0ByC ... AKfCdGGxAM

It works on my end after using the update app on the box.

Thanks Dlangejc, that worked! What does it do?

Owner who pays $180+ for a box gets his streamer fixed, not by a mod who "answered" his post on June 17, but by a patch supplied by another user.

Nice!

Definition of streaming media player or "streamer"...

Defining a Streaming Media Player

A streaming media player is what connects your television or home theater to the Internet and allows you to stream video and music from online services. They're typically very basic devices with only a few connections, such as video (HDMI and/or composite), audio (RCA and/or digital), and Ethernet networking jacks. Many streaming media players also feature built-in Wi-Fi for wireless network connections, and most include their own dedicated remote control.

Other key aspects that define what a streaming media player is include functions such as the ability to view photos stored on your local network, flash memory cards, or USB-based external drives. You'll also find that many streaming players let you play music stored on similar mediums. Some let you watch videos you've downloaded to other computers on your home network, while others can only play video from supported services. These devices also commonly offer a variety of additional apps, such as YouTube and Twitter.

HI Chachi

Try this patch to get Google Play to work.

https://mega.co.nz/#!IlswhIKT!57GzC0ByC ... AKfCdGGxAM

It works on my end after using the update app on the box.

Thanks Dlangejc, that worked! What does it do?

Owner who pays $180+ for a box gets his streamer fixed, not by a mod who "answered" his post on June 17, but by a patch supplied by another user.

Nice!

@ wjw

I'm just that awesome - its simple :lol:

I'm just that awesome - its simple :lol

Actually I'm awesome, I gave the patch to you! :) Oh and Justin gave it to me.

Yeah I agree - you are awesome and I am awesome for sharing and oh ... yes Justin is also awesome.

Happy now? :-)

I'm just that awesome - its simple :lol

Actually I'm awesome, I gave the patch to you! :) Oh and Justin gave it to me.

Yeah I agree - you are awesome and I am awesome for sharing and oh ... yes Justin is also awesome.

Happy now? :-)

Yes, more than happy, ecstatic! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm having a similar issue as mahechinjo. After updating my 1800 to the new firmware (update_MyGica_1800-582-380_4.4_20150321), my WIFI has also stopped working. Should I go back to the 11/05 firmware?

Thanks for your help.

Update:

Reverted back to 11/05 firmware ==> no WiFi

Installed the newest (update_MyGica_1800-582-380_4.4_20150321) firmware ==> no WiFi

Will any of the beta versions of the firmware remedy my issue? Or should I request an RMA?

It would be super awesome if someone could help me out. :D

Please?

Thanks for your help.

Update:

Installed the newest (update_MyGica_1800-582-380_4.4_20150321) firmware ==> no WiFi

Will any of the beta versions of the firmware remedy my issue? Or should I request an RMA?

Please?

You need to update to the July 28th beta. This is your problem. Make sure you backup first.

Thanks for your help.

Update:

Please?

You need to update to the July 28th beta. This is your problem. Make sure you backup first.

Just updated to July 28th beta....still no WiFi. :(

I really do appreciate you trying to help me out.

Perhaps I'm leaving out some pertinent details with this issue......

A couple of weeks ago my box wouldn't turn on - no lights. While I was in the process of filling out the RMA, I tried one last time and powered it on successfully - but everything was wiped out. It was at this time that I updated the firmware. So I'm not sure what caused the WiFi issue - the power problem, or the new firmware.

Other than the WiFi, the only other weird issue is that sometimes when I turn the box off in Kodi/XBMC, the screen will flash on and off when I turn it back on. The box is fine if I turn it off at the MyGica Launcher.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Edit: I just realized that I may be hijacking this thread. Don't be afraid to tell me that I need to start another thread.

A couple of weeks ago my box wouldn't turn on - no lights. While I was in the process of filling out the RMA, I tried one last time and powered it on successfully - but everything was wiped out. It was at this time that I updated the firmware. So I'm not sure what caused the WiFi issue - the power problem, or the new firmware.

Other than the WiFi, the only other weird issue is that sometimes when I turn the box off in Kodi/XBMC, the screen will flash on and off when I turn it back on. The box is fine if I turn it off at the MyGica Launcher.

Anybody have any other ideas?

Edit: I just realized that I may be hijacking this thread. Don't be afraid to tell me that I need to start another thread.

Sounds like you might have hardware issues. PM Justin to get replacement support.

For those of you having No Wifi Issue, I have a bootloader fix for this

Email me for it

support@mygica.ca

Please note it will reset everything, and it is the March Firmware, but I can confirm it will fix the No Wifi issue

Frustrated,.....done all the updates successfully to march 3-15.....now I can not turn wifi on.....any help please....I have done hard factory reset and still the same issue.....please help

Frustrated,.....done all the updates successfully to march 3-15.....now I can not turn wifi on.....any help please....I have done hard factory reset and still the same issue.....please help

Email me I have a bootloader fix for this.

Just email me

support@mygica.ca

I will send you download link for it.