Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

I made the November-March update through USB. Installed, then ran a wipe through Quick Boot, then set everything up again.

Did a factory reset and update last night with USB. All was successful. Getting proper ethernet speeds so far and it is working fine.

Thanks for all your help.

I may have spoke too soon....

I have a weird issue here.

When I do a speedtest direct from my modem I get 50 mbit (which it should be)

When I do a speedtest wired into my router it drops to 7 mbit....

Here's where it gets weird... When I run my gica through a dlink splitter that is wired directly to my dlink router 50 feet away I get a 50 mbit speedtest...

How in the heck can my speed drop being plugged directly into the router but yet be perfect fine going through a splitter that's downstairs? It's frustrating.

I've even hard reset my router but it made no difference...

I had an old Dlink media bridge. I used that and tricked the machine. It's now showing decent speeds again. Going to do more testing and figure this out.

Hey Guys,

Is anyone else having issues when turning the box on from stand by and the tv not picking up the source from the mygica box? The only fix I have found is to power down the mygica box by pulling the power cord at which point when the box powers up the tv pick up the source from mygica box.

Any solutions?

Still not getting 14.2 here. Still says 13.2. Can't find it in applications as someone mentioned. I do see that there is a new logo for xbmc on my main page though. Any solutions to get 14.2 to work?

Hey Guys,

Is anyone else having issues when turning the box on from stand by and the tv not picking up the source from the mygica box? The only fix I have found is to power down the mygica box by pulling the power cord at which point when the box powers up the tv pick up the source from mygica box.

Any solutions?

The problem is there but most people seem to leave the video setting at 720p so they haven't even noticed the issue

Hey Guys,

Any solutions?

I get the same thing. When the device goes into standby it will not activate the video when switched to it's input. Only work around I have found is to reboot the MyGica by disconnecting then reconnecting the power cord .

Justin, This will have to be looked into.

Hey Guys,

Any solutions?

I get the same thing. When the device goes into standby it will not activate the video when switched to it's input. Only work around I have found is to reboot the MyGica by disconnecting then reconnecting the power cord .

Justin, This will have to be looked into.

The best workaround for now is to do this.

Hold the power button for 3 seconds or so. That should bring the menu to put the box in standby or to reboot. Then press down 2-3 times to make sure that reboot is selected and then press OK

That will reboot the box even though you can't see anything. After rebooting it should be fine. Again this happens if you set the video to 1080p 60hz.

Justin I really hope a fix comes out soon for this.

I finally got the MAG-TV app to work properly,....channels still freeze for a few seconds every now and then. Does anyone know how to get rid of the horizontal white bar that is present on all video when using the internal player ??. If I use another player,... I don't get the bar but I also don't get the preview window to work while surfing the IPTV channels.

Use the App called Quickboot that is included with the firmware.

And how exactly do you run anything when you have no video?

Does that app allow you to map the reboot command to a button, because I can't see that option?

Sorry, I didn't understand your problem correctly when I posted that. The only thing I can suggest is that I noticed with the fresh install of Kofi 14.1 there is a program plugin included called Frequency Switcher. This looks like it can help with your issue. I don't know for sure because I don't have this problem. My box works fine @1080p-60.

Try it out. I hope it helps. :D

The only problem that occurred for me with this firmware upgrade is Google Play store keeps saying "retry" and I have never successfully got it to login since the upgrade.

Did anybody else run into this problem? How did you resolve it?

Good to get 100mb Ethernet on this box. That was my biggest problem with the 1800e.

Thanks Justin! and the MyGica team in China!

Still not getting 14.2 here. Still says 13.2. Can't find it in applications as someone mentioned. I do see that there is a new logo for xbmc on my main page though. Any solutions to get 14.2 to work?

Pegged, your almost there. You upgraded the firmware now you just need to select the plugin Quickboot. In there select boot to recovery. Once you are in recovery select factory reset. Scroll down to the word YES and select. It will take a few minutes then pop back to the menu again. Then you select reboot. Your box will reboot back to usual screen. All the apps that were included in the new firmware will now install including Kodi 14.1

Hey Guys,

Any solutions?

The problem is there but most people seem to leave the video setting at 720p so they haven't even noticed the issue

*UPDATE*

Hey Guys,

I am currnetly not on auto detect HDMI detection and on manual 1080P 60Hz.

I conducted some testing which I will complete tonight, but here is something that seemed to work in preliminary testing. It's pretty simple so give er a try and let me know if it works for you.

1. Turn on your respective TV and let the TV start up, for 15 seconds or so and display " NO SOURCE" or something to that effect;

2. Then turn on your MyGica box;and

3. Follow this start up order and it should work, well it solved the problem for me, best of luck!

This seemed to work for me this morning, however, I have further testing to conduct this evening to confirm.

Let me know how it goes for you guys!

Cheers

Edited by Guest

*UPDATE*

Hey Guys,

I conducted some testing which I will complete tonight, but here is something that seemed to work in preliminary testing. It's pretty simple so give er a try and let me know if it works for you.

1. Turn on your respective TV and let the TV start up and display " NO SOURCE" or something to that effect; and

2. Then turn on your MyGica box.

This seemed to work for me this morning, however, I have further testing to conduct this evening to confirm.

Cheers

I believe the key is you are turning on the MyGica. The problem is when you return to it in standby mode as been outlined before. In short you have to re-power the device to see the screen.

*UPDATE*

Hey Guys,

1. Turn on your respective TV and let the TV start up and display " NO SOURCE" or something to that effect; and

2. Then turn on your MyGica box.

Cheers

I believe the key is you are turning on the MyGica. The problem is when you return to it in standby mode as been outlined before. In short you have to re-power the device to see the screen.

I was stating the order in which to power the devices on in order to not be stuck in stand by mode.

@KLF Can you give us a quick overview or link how MAG-TV setup can be done.

Mine just hangs period :oops:

This is the link I used to help me with my setup. The only part you don't have to do is the MAC address edit and the serial # edit because the MAGTV app already assigns a MAC address automatically once you select "add profile". The other thing I did was to search for the latest version of the MAGTV app,...which is 8.5.1 ,....I did not use the version available in the play store as it is version 8.5 only. Once you add a profile and input the portal info. You may get a black screen,...just hit the contex menu button of the original mygica remote located on the bottom left of the "OK" button. That should bring up a menu on the bottom right of your TV,....scroll and select profile,...make sure the profile you just setup is selected,...then exit the app. The next time you open the app,... It may take about 20 seconds to load,... If it does not load after about 1 minute,.....exit the spp go to manage apps ,.... Select the MAGTV app and force close it and clear cache. Then launch it again,.... It should work.

http://www.htpcguides.com/setup-android ... ator-iptv/

Everything great with new firmware EXCEPT I have the same blank video issue on power up. I have to un plug and replug MY GICA for the video to appear. I changed for 720P from 1080P but that didn't fix it. Power On worked perfectly in previous versions.

Can we get a fix please?

Hey Guys,

Any solutions?

*UPDATE* worked for me, give it a try.

Hey Guys,

1st I reinstalled the new update and applied the following start up procedure and it solved the stuck in stand by issue for me. It's pretty simple so give er a try and let me know if it works for you.

1. Turn on your respective TV and let the TV start up, for 15 seconds or so and display " NO SOURCE" or something to that effect;

2. Then turn on your MyGica box;and

3. Follow this start up order and it should work, well it solved the problem for me, best of luck!

Cheers

@KLF Can you give us a quick overview or link how MAG-TV setup can be done.

Mine just hangs period :oops:

This is the link I used to help me with my setup. The only part you don't have to do is the MAC address edit and the serial # edit because the MAGTV app already assigns a MAC address automatically once you select "add profile". The other thing I did was to search for the latest version of the MAGTV app,...which is 8.5.1 ,....I did not use the version available in the play store as it is version 8.5 only. Once you add a profile and input the portal info. You may get a black screen,...just hit the contex menu button of the original mygica remote located on the bottom left of the "OK" button. That should bring up a menu on the bottom right of your TV,....scroll and select profile,...make sure the profile you just setup is selected,...then exit the app. The next time you open the app,... It may take about 20 seconds to load,... If it does not load after about 1 minute,.....exit the spp go to manage apps ,.... Select the MAGTV app and force close it and clear cache. Then launch it again,.... It should work.

http://www.htpcguides.com/setup-android ... ator-iptv/

Cool thanks, I will give it a try today, thanks for the effort in putting the write up on how to do it.

Appreciated - thanks man :-)

I have update mygica 1800e with new firmware via update icon on my tv box. After update, my tv box restart and then the screen stuck in black and never boot up to menu.

so I unplug the power and plug it again, and my tv box come back alive. after that I factory reset the tv box, then the green robot show up and rolling and rolling and rolling ball in his stomach, and the ball stops not rolling, stuck in that screen, never boot again.

justin can you help me??

I'm so hopeless

Hi. This firmware update is so flawed. Axios:Unplug the power. Leave SD card in. After a minute, plug power back in. Should work.

However, lot's of things will not work as advertizes. Kodi may or may not show up. Didn't for me. Lots of people have black screen issues. Plus, many other defects. Justin said he TESTED it on 10 or more boxes, and he had no issues. Why do thousands of others have issues.

I suggest to Justin, this firmware was not properly tested. We were used as test rabbit's. It is a lot of work to reset stuff after Mygica put's out a half working firmware.

I suggest to those that have not done the upgrade, do not do it. It is flawed, big time!

A real tester needs to tell the truth. It is FLAWED!

I also still have the "black screen" video signal dropout issues when the box is set at 1080p / 60. Had this issue also with the previous firmware upgrade,...I was really hoping that issue would be resolved within this upgrade. That being said,...my home theater system setup allows me to apply a solution to this issue. My 1800e box is connected directly to my Yamaha RX-A2020 via HDMI cable,....and then from my receiver to my TV. I set the 1800e video output to 1080i / 60 and set my receiver to re-process and upscale to 1080P,...... since my receiver has a much superior video processing chip than anything found in these Android media boxes,.....it is the better way to go and my video dropout issues fixed. Hopefully this issue along with other bugs reported by all of us will be addressed in the next firmware upgrade.

Hi. This firmware update is so flawed. Axios:Unplug the power. Leave SD card in. After a minute, plug power back in. Should work.

However, lot's of things will not work as advertizes. Kodi may or may not show up. Didn't for me. Lots of people have black screen issues. Plus, many other defects. Justin said he TESTED it on 10 or more boxes, and he had no issues. Why do thousands of others have issues.

I suggest to Justin, this firmware was not properly tested. We were used as test rabbit's. It is a lot of work to reset stuff after Mygica put's out a half working firmware.

I suggest to those that have not done the upgrade, do not do it. It is flawed, big time!

A real tester needs to tell the truth. It is FLAWED!

thanks for the tips hope 42, my tv box come back alive after I unplug the mouse wireless reciever and power. :D

may I ask something that make me so confuse, my tv box is Mygica atv 1800e that support 4K, after I update the sofware, HDMI output mode setting didn't show up the 4K mode, can you help me why?

You only can use 45 if you can find something that is put out in 4k, like maybe something you have on a USB stick/sd card, or a sample off youtube.

There really is not much out in 4k yet. And if you wasted the money on a tv advertising 4k capability, well you kind of fell for the sales gimmick. It will be readily available a few years down the road tho.