Justin

**NEW** ATV 1800/1800E MARCH 31ST FEEDBACK THREAD

I am not sure where to post. I purchases a MyGica for my hubby for Xmas with XBMC

AVT 1800 maybe

Anyway we are not tech savoy people so have no idea if we have to do anything after having it for a few months.

My Hubby says he is not able to watch any movies the past few nights he also believe an update happened but has no clue what to do now.

I purchase this through Justin

Justin can you contact us and help please?

marion@aqualease.com

Are you a dealer of ours?

Sorry but I do not sell retail, I only work with dealers, and handle tech support.

Where did you purchase the unit from? Was it online or In Store?

Welcome back @Justin

Did you take a look at the files I posted? Also can you do a full upload of the new firmware when it's ready?

OTA still sounds like Sci-Fi as it doesn't always work and we might need the original files to flash the firmware.

I'm hoping here that the developers have a roadmap that's aligned with that of Amlogic's SDK, then they won't have sit around and wait for instruction, they can always follow competitors enhancements on firmware on AML S802 and implement accordingly, yes the hardware isn't all the same but the AML SDK components are. Thanks J.

Files have been looked at. Should be able to make the changes needed to make it work on next FW

I will manually upload this FW to the forum when available, but we should be offering it as a OTA update also.

We always try to stay on track with AMlogics latest SDKs and Kernel updates. However a lot of times on new ones they create, if we switch to it, they will factory reset the box on people, which we have been trying to avoid.

There also seems to be an issue on the latest firmware where the polling on the USB dongle for the 2.4GZ remote times out. This means get up and pull out the dongle and reboot and reseat. When switching on the unit,and not clicking anything immediately without intervention causes this behaviour.

Can this also be looked at? I know this was a problem in some of the earlier firmware but was fixed and appears to be broken again :-P

Hello all, i just signed up to this forum, as i am looking to update my 1800e box. I would like to possibly figure it out on my own and not pay a programmer 50 bucks. Please take note as i am a new user to these boxes. So I got this box late october top sometime in december not quite sure to be honest. I am currently trying to update my box from 13.2 to any of the 14.1/14.2 kodi.

So ive been trying to update with no sucess can anyone help me?

last night, I factory reset, and updated my 1800e to the march update. everything went smooth, except now I no longer have audio. I have made sure the audio is set to HDMI, and the volume is maxed. HDMI cable is fine, as it worked perfectly before the update. I have done another factory reset since to see if that would fix the issue.

still no audio.

HDMI is plugged from the 1800e directly to the TV.

PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Justin,

I tried the new firmware last night, after doing a factory reset.

I'm finding minimal improvement in WiFi speed. I'm getting about 15Mbps down / 1.5 Mbps up (was getting about 15Mbps down, <1Mbps up with the March firmware.) My phone, at the same location and same 5GHz frequency, gets about 50Mbps down / 10 Mbps up. The 1800E WiFi performance is down significantly from the (Nov?) firmware.

NetFlix does appear to be working. Didn't test long enough to determine quality.

Google Play Movies is audio only. My content plays, black screen, audio only.

I also quickly tested Shomi. Same issue, of Shomi content starting, playing for a few seconds, and then a spinner appears,, playback stops, and Shomi returns to the menu/catalogue.

Summary is, I'm not seeing any real improvement from the March firmware.

I also quickly tested Shomi. Same issue, of Shomi content starting, playing for a few seconds, and then a spinner appears,, playback stops, and Shomi returns to the menu/catalogue.

Summary is, I'm not seeing any real improvement from the March firmware.

I don't think I will bother with this update as the factory installed 0321 version I have is performing much better than what I've seen being identified by others regarding the posted March 31 update and the new one.

I would like to say that I do experience the exact same issue with Shomi and also something similar with CraveTV. The difference with CraveTV is that it gets past the buffering spinner after a few seconds and continues to play, but voice is out of sync and picture stutters at times. I don't know why a quad core box would have trouble with these apps, because my old Samsung Galaxy S3 dual core plays the video and sound with ease. :?

FBN

Lovely, so my father is having more difficulties in using this box. Netflix app is broken, I can't even access google play to try and upgrade netflix due to GP being broken too. Xbmc is a hit and miss when turning off device and back on. Movies still dropping frames. Just can't win with this streamer. Give me a nuc any day.

Lovely, so my father is having more difficulties in using this box. Netflix app is broken, I can't even access google play to try and upgrade netflix due to GP being broken too. Xbmc is a hit and miss when turning off device and back on. Movies still dropping frames. Just can't win with this streamer. Give me a nuc any day.

Don't complain or say anything bad about the product - you'll be given a warning and/or have your post removed. :o:o:o:o:o

No to mention it's pointless since nothing gets addressed anyway.

They're already touting the next flagship model. You might get more support if you buy that. :lol::lol:

Don't complain or say anything bad about the product - you'll be given a warning and/or have your post removed. :o:o:o:o:o

No to mention it's pointless since nothing gets addressed anyway.

They're already touting the next flagship model. You might get more support if you buy that. :lol::lol:

I've never Sean any posts removed from this forum.

Two words are used on this post

1. Broken apps

2. Streamer

we have tonz and thousands of Mygica boxes sold none of them have named Streamer + if you are having issue with the box so much we do have warranty for a reason, you can create a ticket send the box to us and we can check see what's the problem and fix it

One more thing.. make sure its Mygica Box and on next post please bring in the model ID that way we know how to fix the issue before you blame everything

James,

This is an inappropriate reply from you, verging on rude.

This thread has customers who have spent hard earned cash on your product, and who are technical and enthusiastic enough to be testing out beta firmware, and spending their time providing you with feedback to help you fix your product, and in hopes that you'll fix their problems.

There are many responses in this thread that have gone largely unacknowledged, indicating that there are many outstanding issues, and that essentially, there is not an acceptable firmware release for the 1800E.

I personally, have been patiently waiting for more than three months for a firmware that works, so that I can actually use my box. Had it worked, I would have purchased two more. I've also told two other friends who were interested to hold off on purchase until issues are results.

I'm offended the implication in your reply that most customers are happy, and that your customer should send in his box, and that he might "blame everything." There are widespread issues with the box and the firmware reported here, including my own. Go back through the thread, list the issues, and provide a status on the investigation of each one, or follow-up individually where you need more information.

I can be patient with companies fixing technical issues, but I don't have patience for poor support and poor customer relations.

1. Broken apps

2. Streamer

we have tonz and thousands of Mygica boxes sold none of them have named Streamer + if you are having issue with the box so much we do have warranty for a reason, you can create a ticket send the box to us and we can check see what's the problem and fix it

One more thing.. make sure its Mygica Box and on next post please bring in the model ID that way we know how to fix the issue before you blame everything

James,

This is an inappropriate reply from you, verging on rude.

This thread has customers who have spent hard earned cash on your product, and who are technical and enthusiastic enough to be testing out beta firmware, and spending their time providing you with feedback to help you fix your product, and in hopes that you'll fix their problems.

There are many responses in this thread that have gone largely unacknowledged, indicating that there are many outstanding issues, and that essentially, there is not an acceptable firmware release for the 1800E.

I personally, have been patiently waiting for more than three months for a firmware that works, so that I can actually use my box. Had it worked, I would have purchased two more. I've also told two other friends who were interested to hold off on purchase until issues are results.

I'm offended the implication in your reply that most customers are happy, and that your customer should send in his box, and that he might "blame everything." There are widespread issues with the box and the firmware reported here, including my own. Go back through the thread, list the issues, and provide a status on the investigation of each one, or follow-up individually where you need more information.

I can be patient with companies fixing technical issues, but I don't have patience for poor support and poor customer relations.

1. Broken apps

2. Streamer

I think this might be a cultural issue. I don't know James but if he is from China he might be saying something that you are interpreting differently. I work with a lot of Chinese people, and I can tell you that things get lost in the translation. Let's all try and get along. We all want the same final result.

Peace!

1. Broken apps

2. Streamer

Well, perhaps you should stop selling this piece of crap and fix the software first!

The way MyGica managed to screw android is spectacular.

I'm sick and tired listening for excuses.

Sadly I sold many of these but since January I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

The only decent guy who represented MyGica well was/is? Justin.

You should pay him in gold!

I truly don't see anything wrong with chaci's post, as it appears he is fed up with the product and lack of support as many of us are! Maybe jamesc is also frustrated being on the receiving end of all the customer complaints and lack of support from MyGica? But he shouldn't take it out on the customer.

Since chaci posted in the 1800e thread, maybe jamesc could have assumed that he was referring to the 1800e model?

Two words are used in the post:

1. Broken apps = Applications not working as they should and as advertized. Netflix and XBMC were both mentioned.

2. Streamer = A term commonly used for a media player. In this case the ATV1800e.

databubble wrote:

There are widespread issues with the box and the firmware reported here, including my own. Go back through the thread, list the issues, and provide a status on the investigation of each one, or follow-up individually where you need more information.

This is a great suggestion to MyGica support! I said something similar and it was ignored.....

FBN

So now I'm stuck between choosing a working Google Playstore or semi-working Netflix ... This has to be the worst supported box I have ever seen. Luckily a friend sent me a replacement MXIII. Even TronSmart and Beelink has better development for their boxes than MYgica.

Will I be recommending this box to anyone? NO - not until Mygica sorts out their firmware issues.

Seems everyone in China wants to be first with everything. Mygica already proved that they are first to "not develop" decently for this SOC!!!!!!!

Come on guys $150 and this what we get????? I'm selling mine for Nvidia Android TV box if this doesn't get better.

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=2986&p=11820&sid=748e8bcf098e3edeaf9e59e798e89a2c#p11820

Just so everyone knows, I am reading all of your feedback. And relaying all of it, I know this has been frustrating for everyone including myself. I will keep updating the firmware till we get everything right.

I am focusing more just on Firmware fixes/changes and going over everyone's feedback for the time being, as I am involved in many on going projects right now. Mark and James will be handling all of the tech support questions throughout the forum for now, I will be adding a few more Mods for this as well.

KODI 15 fixes a lot of stuff, mainly moving up to Directx 11, which is a big thing, it also adds auto refresh rate switching for Android, and you should now also be able to keep your add ons and user data for each new updated version of KODI 15 for Android also. A lot of great info can be found here http://kodi.tv/kodi-15-0-isengard-beta-2/

Trying to work through a lot of changes to the UI and also weeding out bugs on Android 5, to make it a stable release.

Also in regards to James. He is Canadian guys, he works in our office in Mississauga. Just wanted to clarify that, for those thinking he was in China.

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585. You can see a sneak peek of Android 5 running on 1800E by watching this video

RpAKLahea1A

To begin i do like this box. Picture is amazing.

I think my box did 2 updates and here are the problems i get.

Update 1:

Remote does not work in Kodi. It is the button in between the volume buttons. It no longer work with this update.

Had to uninstall Kodi and reinstall it.

Update 2: Happened about 2 or 3 days ago.

I can't do anything because the only button that will work is the Power button.

That is why i am here, i can't watch anything now because i don't know what to do.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I updated the Beta FW

Can be found here

[...]

I am pushing to move onto Android 5 with KODI 15 for the 582/380, 1800E/1800, 585.

Hi Justin,

This updated firmware does fix a number of issues (1800E / 2015 Ed.):

1. WiFi performance (5GHz) is improved significantly. Close to 25Mbps down / 10 Mbps up. That's significantly slower than my Samsung Galaxy S5 in the same location, but it's fast enough for 1080p content addresses the various buffering issues I was getting. It's acceptable for me.

2. Google Play Movies now plays properly. Previously it was audio-only with back screen.

3. The screen blanking / HDMI sync issue seems to be resolved with my TV.

Issues I still see:

1. NetFlix audio lag (previously mentioned lip sync issue). This was with the latest NetFlix app updated from the store.

2. Showmi returns to catalogue after playing first few frames of a selection (but I think this is poor quality of the app). There does seem to be improvement in Shomi not stealing control of the "Home" key, and not allowing exit. That may be an app update however.

3. Flixster doesn't work for playing UltraViolet movies I own (first time I've testing this on the 1800E). This may also be an app issue, rather than the 1800E.

4. MyGica-301 remote does not appear to be able to turn the 1800E off/on.

I would definitely like to see an Android 5.0 release, both for the enhancements mentioned (vsync, etc.). I've had several months with a box I couldn't use, and I see this as extending the box's useful lifespan. I'd also like to see Kodi 15.0 bundled, which should be released shortly. The mythtv.pvr included with Kodi 14.2 will not work with my MythTV 0.28-pre back-end, so I have to remove 14.2 and lose any MyGica enhancements.

With this new firmware, the NetFlix audio sync issue is the only gating item that is preventing me from using the box on a daily basis, and finally cutting the cord with my cable provider.

Edited by Guest

@Justin

Do you have any news to share with is in regards to an official build based on Kitkat?

Some of us still have a non working Google Play store .... hint hint ...

@Justin

Do you have any news to share with is in regards to an official build based on Kitkat?

Some of us still have a non working Google Play store .... hint hint ...

Did you try the patch?