Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiphie

Cannot upgrade firmware

First of all I would like to inform you that the firmware installed in my ATV 1200 is v1.03.04MX01_20131102. I don't know if that's the latest. The reason why I'm trying to upgrade/reinstall the firmware because my remote control ( that original that came in with the box) can turn off the box but will not turn it on. Researching what the problem is, some says it might be the firmware....So I tried to install the firmware following the instructions, once I hit " Local Update " it wont open the file in the SD card as if the SD card is not installed. Tried it with a USB same thing, as if it doesn't recognize the USB.... Any help out there will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance !!

First of all I would like to inform you that the firmware installed in my ATV 1200 is v1.03.04MX01_20131102. I don't know if that's the latest. The reason why I'm trying to upgrade/reinstall the firmware because my remote control ( that original that came in with the box) can turn off the box but will not turn it on. Researching what the problem is, some says it might be the firmware....So I tried to install the firmware following the instructions, once I hit " Local Update " it wont open the file in the SD card as if the SD card is not installed. Tried it with a USB same thing, as if it doesn't recognize the USB.... Any help out there will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance !!

We will be uploading the firmware files for all boxes as the .IMG file formats, there is a certain way you have to rename the zip files to .IMG, in order for it to work properly, this is why your box is not detecting the files on your SD card or USB device. So to make things easier, you will be able to just download the SPI and Firmware files and transfer them directly onto an SD Card or USB Device, and then you can upload them using "Local Update".

These will all be uploaded by tomorrow, so just check the downloads section for the ATV1200.

Hi I downloaded the two Zip files and renamed them to .img on the PC but only the first one was visible on the 1200

I did the upgrade on the box hoping that when the first one upgraded it would look for the second but now no files appear in the upgrade

app. I can see all the files on the card if I go into a file explorer app or put the card in the PC. They just do not show up in the upgrade app.

You say above that you need to rename the files a certain way. Can you be more specific please Justin.

What is the exact URL of the IMG files I only see Zip files in the download section. I am using a Windows Vista computer to rename the files.

Do they need to be renamed in a different OS. Thanks

Hi I downloaded the two Zip files and renamed them to .img on the PC but only the first one was visible on the 1200

I did the upgrade on the box hoping that when the first one upgraded it would look for the second but now no files appear in the upgrade

app. I can see all the files on the card if I go into a file explorer app or put the card in the PC. They just do not show up in the upgrade app.

You say above that you need to rename the files a certain way. Can you be more specific please Justin.

What is the exact URL of the IMG files I only see Zip files in the download section. I am using a Windows Vista computer to rename the files.

Do they need to be renamed in a different OS. Thanks

Hi

Please use this link to download the latest files for the ATV 1200

http://www.mygica.com/down-eng/ATV1200.zip

The files have been renamed for you already to IMG.

We plan to upload these files for download to our forum very soon. But for now just use that download link

I have downloaded and unzipped the file on my PC. Copied the two image files accross to the memory card. Removed memory card from USB adapter and put it in the 1200. Still can't see files in update app!

I wandered if the update app had in fact done the complete update but I only think its done the first of the two files.

Do the files not show if they are already installed?

I want this to work with open vpn. The server is installed on a Raspery pi. It works fine with my android Moto G phone a Samsung GT-N5110 and an older Acer B2 tablet The Moto G runs on Kit kat but the older tablet runs on Jelly Bean like the 1200.

When I run the VPN it accepts the password in the local file then comes up with the Error

"Error creating TUN interface: cannot aquire tun interface socket."

I have tried various versions of Open VPN compatible software but they all come up with similar errors. I tried and install TUN app but this still failed to solve the issue.

I get a message TUN.ko is loaded you can now use DroidVPN or OPen VPN

However when you try the original error is still there. There seems to be some permission problem with TUN.

Does upgrading the 1200 fix this or do I need to do something else?

I have downloaded and unzipped the file on my PC. Copied the two image files accross to the memory card. Removed memory card from USB adapter and put it in the 1200. Still can't see files in update app!

I wandered if the update app had in fact done the complete update but I only think its done the first of the two files.

Do the files not show if they are already installed?

I want this to work with open vpn. The server is installed on a Raspery pi. It works fine with my android Moto G phone a Samsung GT-N5110 and an older Acer B2 tablet The Moto G runs on Kit kat but the older tablet runs on Jelly Bean like the 1200.

When I run the VPN it accepts the password in the local file then comes up with the Error

"Error creating TUN interface: cannot aquire tun interface socket."

I have tried various versions of Open VPN compatible software but they all come up with similar errors. I tried and install TUN app but this still failed to solve the issue.

I get a message TUN.ko is loaded you can now use DroidVPN or OPen VPN

However when you try the original error is still there. There seems to be some permission problem with TUN.

Does upgrading the 1200 fix this or do I need to do something else?

Hi

Follow this link and watch this video on how to Hard reset your box. Please make sure that the SD card or USB device you have the files on, is plugged into the box, before you start the hard reset option. We highly suggest using an SD card to do this though.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1521

Once you get into the hard reset menu, there will be an option which says " APPLY UPDATE ". Select this option, and you will USB or SD card as an option, select whichever one your files are on. You will be able to load the files now, please make sure you load the SPI file first, and the the firmware file.

Once you load both files, select "Reboot System Now"

Your unit will now reboot into the newer files.

Thanks for this, I will try it when I return from Germany next weekend as I have not got time today to do any setting up which may be necessary after a reset. Ian.

Thanks for this, I will try it when I return from Germany next weekend as I have not got time today to do any setting up which may be necessary after a reset. Ian.

Ok

Sounds good, let me know how this goes.

Have done the update and several things have improved. I like the new mouse pointer its much easier to see. The VPN now works correctly.

Thanks

Ian

That's good to hear.