Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simo

Installation aborted when trying to update firmware

I have been trying to update my ATV 1200 running Android 4.2.2 with the latest firmware posted "update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR20_KR60.zip". Every time I copy the img file to the SD card and try to update the firmware I see the machine reboot and get to the Android screen and then it says Installation aborted after only a few seconds. Is there a special way to load the img onto the SD card or do I need to format the sd card in a certain way for the firmware update? I have previously manually updated to Kodi 14.2 myself but would like to benefit from full 1080p resolution as mentioned in another post. Sounds like updating to this latest firmware would solve that issue.

Thanks for your help!!!

Unfortunately no :( Still having this problem and patiently waiting for a fix. I read on another post the latest firmware had issues so hoping a new version comes out soon.

Your issue is you have it as .ZIP

You need to extract the IMG file from within the ZIP folder and then put it onto the root of your SD card

I can't upload IMG files directly to this forum for download, so I have to put them into a zip folder.

Sorry about the confusion

I did extract the img from the zip and copied it to the root of the sd card. Does the sd card need to be formatted in a certain way? Or am I missing some other step once I extract the file from the zip? I even tried downloading it using the MyGica box and still no luck using the extracted file. Is there any debug/log info generated during the firmware update process that I can forward to you?

I have also experienced issues with the firmware update. As Each time I toyed it it finds the update when it reboots it does not automatically load the update it pomps me to tell it where it is located upon the reboot, then it cannot find it on the ext SD card even when I tell it where it is?

I did find the Mygica app on :

https://www.aptoide.com/search/view/sto ... ca&x=0&y=0

However I am not sure if that is our solution? I am hopping that perhaps someone from Mygica can find a permanent fix for us all or tell us if that will work?

As I do not want to BRICK my ATV1200, & I am already on Android 4.2.2

Sounds like you have a different issue than me. After selecting the img for the update and the reboot it shows the upgrade screen for a few seconds and then gives me the abort message.

Hey finally found the fix on another thread. You may want to include this format requirement for the SD card used....

Fat32 is best, also the partition needs to be primary ... .

Once I made sure the SD card was formatted using FAT32 and set as primary the firmware update completed successfully!!! I then installed Kodi 14.2 and everything displays at 1080 as expected ☺