Sign in to follow this  
obi wan kenobi

ATV1960 Sad new discoveries

ATV1960 Sad new discoveries

I have the ATV1960 since 2018, and time has shown me some sad lies about this device. The box is still working today beyond constant random crashes and bugs, but recently I've found two new things that Mygica granted about the capabilities of this box back then when they released it, but because of circunstances I just found out they were lies now in december of 2022.

You'll see, I've just update my Internet to optic fiber 300 Mbps when been on adsl since before buying the ATV1960, reason why I never even tried to play 4K contents on it. Well, now that my new internet allow  me, I tried to play 4K on it and IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, any video beyond 1080p is completely lagged and unwatchable. I verified this on YouTube, VLC and several other video streaming apps, the device can't handle anything higher than 1080.

That said, I started to perform other checks which led me to find out another lie about this box; Mygica claimed this box ethernet speed specs were Gigabit but for my surprise, now with my optic fiber I verified that this device is only fast ethernet 10/100. I have had checked different UTP cables from category 6 and 6e and the box can't beat 100 Mbps mark.

As you may see, time end up showing you the truth, and well, this forum and the extended ununswered complains tell by themselves. GOOD JOB MYGICA!