Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bevg1971

Atv1200 script failed error message

Hi, my atv 1200 was working fine until a couple of days ago. as soon as i turn my box on...and click on kodi ... i get an error message, e.g. error: script failed Genesis...etc and it lists other names of different video add-ons... it has not work for the last couple of days.. does anybody know how to fix this issue?

thanks for the help.

Byron

did you add a plug-in to kodi, or made any changes to your atv1200 at all?

make a record of the add-ons that fail by either writing names down or taking pictures of the screen

then un-install all those plugins, shut down kodi and restart

if you get no errors, then reinstall the plugins, maybe a few at a time

if that does not work, then remove kodi and install again (maybe do a reset in between)

Hi, my atv 1200 was working fine until a couple of days ago. as soon as i turn my box on...and click on kodi ... i get an error message, e.g. error: script failed Genesis...etc and it lists other names of different video add-ons... it has not work for the last couple of days.. does anybody know how to fix this issue?

thanks for the help.

Byron

Hi Byron,

Kodi is an app, and we preload them, but anything inside going wrong is not a box or remote issue, please contact Kodi support or the 3rd party add-on creators for support

F0r Kodi itself, that is Kodi and the 'official' addons, there is forum http://forum.kodi.tv/

However for unofficial addons like the OP mentioned and similar, you got to go to 'third party addon', do not ask about them on the official Kodi forum (or here for that matter), google is your friend as they say. This particular addon recently couldn't update automatically and needs to be manually updated by going to Kodi Settings Addons menu where you find section Available Updates, see if your addon is listed there. Or uninstall the addon which resists updating and install it again.