Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

invincibleinc

Box Not Responding - Locked On ANDROID Start-Up

Hi Justin/Mods.

My 1200 has been working fine since I got it less than a year ago until now. When I try to start it it just stays on the "Android" title screen. It's not frozen, as the Android title has the little glimmer animation, or whatever you call it, but it stays there and goes nowhere.

I tried to hard reset it but the box will not receive remote commands (ie, pushing the buttons does nothing on that screen).

I'm kinda at a loss here. My last firmware update was in February and it was working fine, daily, multiple hours a day until now. HALP!

Have you tried connecting a USB keyboard and which will allow you to navigate to select "Wipe Data / Factory Reset"? I had the same problem recently and had to do a factory reset to get it back. Unfortunately you will have to set up everything up again like you had it before.... but hopefully the box will be usable again.

FBN

invincibleinc, I would suggest you try one more time on reloading the OS via SD card, if don't work, then message back

The only instruction I found was the one to upgrade the firmware using the upgrade function once the box starts up. My box wont start up.

For the life of me I can't find it either.... I seem to remember a video about it.... anyway, you download and copy the firmware to an SD card as per the instructions you found. Place the SD card in the box without being powered up. Then while depressing the reset button connect the power plug on the back of the unit so it powers up, but still keep holding in the reset button for a few more seconds. As I recall the front LED start lighting up and you can then release the reset button. The firmware should be read immediately from the SD card.

If I missed anything I'm sure Jamesc will let us know.

FBN