Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

There is an app called MBOX Settings.

Under display settings you can change the screen size in there.

As I told, my problem with a CRT TV is that the screen is decentered and only OOBE app could solve it. (Android with umbrella)

Unfortunately MBOX can only modify the whole screen size, in percentage. Not move the screen sides one by one as OOBE does.

WIth 4.1 I can do it, with 4.2 it works only with hdmi not with cvbs (rca) . I mean, with rca connected, the app starts but it doesn't work

There is an app called MBOX Settings.

Under display settings you can change the screen size in there.

As I told, my problem with a CRT TV is that the screen is decentered and only OOBE app could solve it. (Android with umbrella)

Unfortunately MBOX can only modify the whole screen size, in percentage. Not move the screen sides one by one as OOBE does.

WIth 4.1 I can do it, with 4.2 it works only with hdmi not with cvbs (rca) . I mean, with rca connected, the app starts but it doesn't work

Sorry that this does not work for you.

You can downgrade to 4.1 if you want, I have the files for this if you need them.

Thank you, but, as I said, I've already done it (two times, because I tried also to do what van141 told me, installing again 4.2, but without results).

And I'm not happy also with 4.1 because sometimes the device looses internet navigation even if wifi is connected.

I tried and with 4.2 the problem is solved, but I can't stay with a decentered screen...

In any case here you can find all files you need: http://www.mygica.es/descargas.php

With my 13 yrs old CRT Grundig TV which has 100Hz screen refresh I found that Android 4.2.2 indeed does have video problems just as you outlined. But the picture was not badly off to begin with, only when I started OOBE and tried to correct the view that the picture size jumped to very big size with the result that I could see at best only some 3/4 of the Android umbrela (only upper left part of the big picture is visible while the figure should be in the middle of the screen all visible) and I didn't save the result so that I kept a sort of OK picture... but then in Kodi (Helix 14.2) some movies had picture in lower right screen quadrant only (original video size) or the picture was too big and I saw just part of the view...

Android v 4.1.2 is better but I get very marginal picture quality (text in Kodi is hardly readable, movies picture quality is sort of kind OK to watch but could be better), with my TV anyway (it is not quite regular TV, it has 100 Hz refresh which use to result into very nice, 'quiet' (of noise and flicker) picture with the old analog broadcast, perhaps because it is 100 Hz screen refresh?

Only thing I can suggest and will try myself is to uninstall XBMC Frodo 12.2 and see if I could install Helix 14.2, for now still the best conservative choice that 'just works'. That's because I would also like to put that old CRT TV to some use in a spare room, it is still sort of newish TV as it hasn't been in use many years, despite its age.

With my 13 yrs old CRT Grundig TV which has 100Hz screen refresh I found that Android 4.2.2 indeed does have video problems just as you outlined. But the picture was not badly off to begin with, only when I started OOBE and tried to correct the view that the picture size jumped to very big size with the result that I could see at best only some 3/4 of the Android umbrela (only upper left part of the big picture is visible while the figure should be in the middle of the screen all visible) and I didn't save the result so that I kept a sort of OK picture... but then in Kodi (Helix 14.2) some movies had picture in lower right screen quadrant only (original video size) or the picture was too big and I saw just part of the view...

Android v 4.1.2 is better but I get very marginal picture quality (text in Kodi is hardly readable, movies picture quality is sort of kind OK to watch but could be better), with my TV anyway (it is not quite regular TV, it has 100 Hz refresh which use to result into very nice, 'quiet' (of noise and flicker) picture with the old analog broadcast, perhaps because it is 100 Hz screen refresh?

Only thing I can suggest and will try myself is to uninstall XBMC Frodo 12.2 and see if I could install Helix 14.2, for now still the best conservative choice that 'just works'. That's because I would also like to put that old CRT TV to some use in a spare room, it is still sort of newish TV as it hasn't been in use many years, despite its age.

Alright a Few things,

1. CRT TVs that means you need to change your Screen Resolution, on Flat Screen with HDMI, before you hook RCA from box to your CRT TV

2. if box picture is perfect then you can load Kodi and it will fix the screen size auto

if your still having issue, please contact the support line

That's what I did with Android 4.1.2 (first change res to lowest via HDMI), set it to 480i (I think 572 or the next bigger resolution whatever it is) also worked on my CRT TV

Android 4.2.2 also has composite video out working on CRT TV but there are those problems with picture sizing (and inside Kodi severely off center shifted picture). Myself I am not complaining, I just tested it since I got the CRT TV stored away. It would be nice if it worked though. Problem is people expect outputs (hardware plugs) present on the box to be supported which is not the case here. I wonder how much would it take to do so.

With my 13 yrs old CRT Grundig TV which has 100Hz screen refresh I found that Android 4.2.2 indeed does have video problems just as you outlined. But the picture was not badly off to begin with, only when I started OOBE and tried to correct the view that the picture size jumped to very big size with the result that I could see at best only some 3/4 of the Android umbrela (only upper left part of the big picture is visible while the figure should be in the middle of the screen all visible) and I didn't save the result so that I kept a sort of OK picture...

Exactly!

The only difference for me is that my screen is significantly decentered and as you said I can't correct it with OOBE! :(

Alright a Few things,

1. CRT TVs that means you need to change your Screen Resolution, on Flat Screen with HDMI, before you hook RCA from box to your CRT TV

2. if box picture is perfect then you can load Kodi and it will fix the screen size auto

van141 has the same problem of mine.

With the difference that my screen is significantly decentered and with android 4.2.2 I can't correct it.

It's definately a 4.2.2 bug!!!

I think it's an important feedback for you!

Alright a Few things,

van141 has the same problem of mine.

With the difference that my screen is significantly decentered and with android 4.2.2 I can't correct it.

It's definately a 4.2.2 bug!!!

I think it's an important feedback for you!

So OOBE works for you if using Android 4.1?

So OOBE works for you if using Android 4.1?

Yes it works perfectly with 4.1: for this reason I had to downgrade again from 4.2

It's a kind of compatibility problem with oobe and android 4.2 maybe (oobe version in 4.1 and 4.2 is the same, I checked it)

But is there a possibility that this problem will be solved from mygica software developers or not?

I will have to look into this and get back with you.

It might be hard to fix this issue, as engineers do not have any CRT Televisions, everything is on HDMI over there.

But is there a possibility that this problem will be solved from mygica software developers or not?

I will have to look into this and get back with you.

It might be hard to fix this issue, as engineers do not have any CRT Televisions, everything is on HDMI over there.

Thank you

In any case it is not necessary to have a CRT TV, just connect a TV with RCA cables directly or RCA to a SCART adapter.

And Oobee app has to work, even with low resolutions!

As van141 said, if there is rca output on this device, it has to work and I expect to be supported...

thank you again

Greetings!

I had installed an updated firmware for my ATV1200 tonight with a firmware filename: update_MyGica_4.2_20150209_KR20_KR60. I had extract the img file and save into a SDCARD. I had successfully installed the updated firmware as per instruction given. However, after I reboot the unit the screen appears that no signal from the source.

I had observed the screen hoping that the unit will boot or turn on again but nothings happen for more than 10 mins. Well, the status of the unit was the power red LED indicator (I believe so) is glowing. I tried to press the remote control power button but still nothings happen. I also tried to press the unit power button located in front of the unit and the red LED turn's OFF, then again I had pressed the power button again then the red LED does turning ON but the screen still blank.

What I did was I tried to hard reset the unit again (same procedure) but no effect.

This is my unit serial # and hope this info is useful

SN: A62013041201345

Really appreciate if you can help me to solve this problem.

Thank you so much!

Sunny

hello, i updated my atv 1200 out of the box following the video instructions. everything worked but i get a welcome screen in witch it ask me to click on the next button. the problem is the remote just doesn't do anything, i have put new batteries and i see the remote light flash but nothing happens when i click any button.

is there something wrong? how do i pair the remote?

ok..i see i installed the wrong upgrade for remote...how do i remove it and start over again?

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the remote. I can't even install the proper image file now as the upgrade widget cannot find the image for the small kr34 (with no channel numbers) remote

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the remote. I can't even install the proper image file now as the upgrade widget cannot find the image for the small kr34 (with no channel numbers) remote

Are you using a keyboard or mouse to do this?

Also are you going into the Upgrade app?

I am going into the upgrade app but when I choose a manual upgrade the widget does not see the file in this location http://mygicasupport.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520, but it sees the file from the KR60 upgrade file. (wrong upgrade file that I already installed)

I have a small remote (KR34 ) with no #s

is there a fix for this or I to reset the box ?

Thanks for your reply.

Jay

I am going into the upgrade app but when I choose a manual upgrade the widget does not see the file in this location viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520, but it sees the file from the KR60 upgrade file. (wrong upgrade file that I already installed)

I have a small remote (KR34 ) with no #s

is there a fix for this or I to reset the box ?

Thanks for your reply.

Jay

You can use this update

You can try this

Download the KR34 ATV 1200 Files from below

These are our factory restore files

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://bit.ly/mygicafiles

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

You can also give out this link to customers who need these same files.

duel core video;

of course with models atv 400 and atv520e have their reset buttons on the bottom.

Great! that fixed the remote issue and it kept version 4.2.2

Ok good to hear

Let me know if you need help with anything else

Thanks

Hello,

After the recovery mode when i reset and put the SD Card system is on the android screen and it keeps loading again and again. My front light is green, would assume the box is not bricked yet. Any suggestions ???