Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

i Have a 1200 that was using the lasted remote, i think "k64", i was forced to reset and re-flash this firmware to it and lost my k64 remote functions. Box will only work with older model remote, Does anyone how to fix it? Or Is there a flash for that particular type of rc?

ps: remote is the same used for the 1800e

i Have a 1200 that was using the lasted remote, i think "k64", i was forced to reset and re-flash this firmware to it and lost my k64 remote functions. Box will only work with older model remote, Does anyone how to fix it? Or Is there a flash for that particular type of rc?

Where did you get the firmware from?

You must have loaded the KR34 file.

Let me know and I will post link on where to get KR60 remote firmware for the 1200.

Hi Justin

Sorry, I didnt know how to quote your question.

I downloaded it from this forum, and yes, it was the only one i found on this forum, it says k34 at the end of the file name

Referring to one of the first entries in this thread, is there any news already on the annoying problem of the ATV1200 loosing your personal XBMC settings after having been powered down and up again (that is to say, not always but sometimes). I cannot find any definite explanation of why this happens or a good solution. Are only few ATV1200-owners having this problem?

:Hi,

I bought ATV1220 (DVB-T). It came with pre-installed android 4.2 which worked unstable and with big lag.

Especially web browser hangs every time I opened it.

My first idea, load new firmware.

So, I made successfully upgrade procedure "ANDROID 4.2.2 UPGRADE FILES FOR ATV 1200".

After this, ATV 1220 stared work smoothly and very stable but... support for DVB-T disappeared.

Is this firmware hasn't support for live TV at all?

Firmware for atv1220 is different then atv1200?

If so, where can I get latest firmware for atv1220 dvb-t?

Hi

Yes Firmware for ATV 1200 and ATV1220-T are 2 different firmwares.

The ATV-1220T has the DVB-T tuner pre installed into the box, so therefore requires different firmware for it. However it is based on the ATV 1200 motherboard, so that is probably why the upgrade worked for you.

Sorry but we do not carry the ATV 1220T model in North America, as it does not work for us here, as we use ATSC

Please send an email to our partner in china, support@mygica.com and they will assist you with providing you with the latest firmware files for the ATV 1220T so you can get it working for what you purchased it for.

I'm an atv1220 owner and now I have android 4.2.2 running on my device (beta version, but runs great).

If you finally hadn't support from Migyca email, here you have more info: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1918

My next step: Try an atv1200 firmware and manually install DVB-T apks (can be extracted from atv1220 firmware). If it works I could install OTA updates and then reinstall DVB apks every time I install an atv1200 firmware update. But it doesn't work, I'll install back other firmware.

I want to make a suggestion for next firmware: As in linux, is there anyway to modify android kernel and add iso9660 & UDF support?

I only know one device that supports this feature, but as the modifier says, it looks easy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2230059

This would make atv1200 first tv box set with DVD/CD support using any USB DVD/CD unit.

Best regards and congratulations for your job.

markus wrote:

Where did you get the firmware from?

You must have loaded the KR34 file.

Let me know and I will post link on where to get KR60 remote firmware for the 1200.

I downloaded it from this forum, and i searched for that kr60 file you mentioned above, but can not find it. So , If you could post the link, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Go here

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

Look for ATV 1200, and choose the 2nd option which is firmware

It will download a zip file with 2 PDF documents. Make sure the picture of the remote control in the PDF document, matches the one that you are using for your box, and then download the files for this within the PDF document.

Re: Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

Post by Justin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Go here

http://mygica.com/html/Support/

Look for ATV 1200, and choose the 2nd option which is firmware

It will download a zip file with 2 PDF documents. Make sure the picture of the remote control in the PDF document, matches the one that you are using for your box, and then download the files for this within the PDF document.

Thank You

Followed your link, download and followed instruction, all working fine now with newer rc.

Hi

I would like to Thank you very much for 4.2.2 update.

I am not able to see Bluetooth tab. please can you explain how can I get it. It is very helpful to me.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Regards

External USB Bluetooth adapters are currently not support on Android 4.2 or higher. And there was never Bluetooth built into the ATV 1200.

We must wait for Amlogic to fix this issue.

My next step: Try an atv1200 firmware and manually install DVB-T apks (can be extracted from atv1220 firmware). If it works I could install OTA updates and then reinstall DVB apks every time I install an atv1200 firmware update. But it doesn't work, I'll install back other firmware.

Tested and not working. I'm back in my ATV1220 firmware.

ATV1200 firmware + DVBService.apk = a lot of errors and DVB not working.

I hope you can do anything about this incompatibility but I think you will only focus in ATV1200 support... and I understand.

Anyway I will keep following this topic because any development in ATV1200 means ATV1220 can be updated too...

I want to make a suggestion for next firmware: As in linux, is there anyway to modify android kernel and add iso9660 & UDF support?

I only know one device that supports this feature, but as the modifier says, it looks easy: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=2230059

This would make atv1200 first tv box set with DVD/CD support using any USB DVD/CD unit.

It is working... IT IS WORKING!!!

My ATV1220 can read optical discs using XBMC with a simple USB storage unit... This is absoulutely great!!! Now I have a DVD & Bluray player (because I have a Bluray/DVD USB unit)

This means we have not to buy the famous Samsung USB DVD unit whica uses AV mode. We can use our old unit with an USB cable.

I can't have my ATV device using /storage/external_storage/sr0 as a native DVD unit, but I can navigate DVD folders and play VIDEO_TS files, wich is great.

I've ask in XBMC (now Kodi) forums about this and I hope they can help me (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206717).

Seriously, this ATV device is great... it will replace my home cinema soon or later!!

Hi there finally got the My Gica screen back and reinstalled 4.1 software. I started it up all good then tried to update to 4.2 software which seemed good dit update then when box rebooted never came back on it now has red light and think it is now bricked get nothing. What can one do and where is warranty office in Mississauga is there any fix for bricked unit.

I have the 4.2 update installed on my ATV1200 but have a few issues with airplay.

With airplay built into XBMC ( gotham) it will show photos, but videos no longer play.

If i also install the Airreceiver app from the play store, I can get mirroring to work (which is good!) but if I try and play a video, it says 'can't play video format' almost like it doesn't have the codec for it?

Worked fine on the previous linux XBMC build I was using.

Has anyone else been using airplay at all?

Right I have half solved the problem myself.

The built in airplay support in the 4.2.2 rom doesn't work. ( at least not with IOS8 anyway)

Air receiver (from App Store) seems buggy and will conflict with XBMC if installed. ( It works fine on my xperia Z1)

If i install the latest nightly (19th october) KODI ( xbmc renamed) then air play works with my iPhone but not with my Macbook.

Also, can some clarity be made about what the files are on here for the ATV1200?

There are 4.2.2 firmware files here viewtopic.php?f=77&t=1945 which according to my TV output at 1080P

But there is also a beta file kernel 1080p here viewtopic.php?f=84&t=1762 but it lacks much description apart from saying 1080P? which i already seem to have?

The beta file is a newer post but has an older BUILD date. Confused!

Hi there finally got the My Gica screen back and reinstalled 4.1 software. I started it up all good then tried to update to 4.2 software which seemed good dit update then when box rebooted never came back on it now has red light and think it is now bricked get nothing. What can one do and where is warranty office in Mississauga is there any fix for bricked unit.

Contact this company

http://www.worldwidesatellites.com

They can help you with the warranty. They are located in Mississauga

Hi Justin do you operate a store front at all in Scarborough. Also how can one pm people here dont see that option.

No I do not, I work out of Mississauga.

And to PM, just click on the end users name, and it will take you to there user profile, with an option to PM them.

Warning, the ATV1200 is one big piece of crap, nothing works and the 4.2.2 firmware is just bricking it ..

I just smaged it with a hammer and threw it in the bin, waste of money and time ...

Just spend a little bit more money for a decent box... this is the biggest crap i had ever in my home ..

Warning, the ATV1200 is one big piece of crap, nothing works and the 4.2.2 firmware is just bricking it ..

I just smaged it with a hammer and threw it in the bin, waste of money and time ...

Just spend a little bit more money for a decent box... this is the biggest crap i had ever in my home ..

Sorry you feel this way.

Not sure why you think the 4.2 upgrade just bricks the box, as this is not the case. We have upgraded 1000s of Mygicas to 4.2 from our office and have not bricked one unit yet.

Just upgraded my firmware successfully. So far so good. I know it's mentioned in this thread but I would suggest they change the name of setting 'voice' in SettingsMbox to 'audio'.

The mount points for my external hard disk had changed to I had to edit the sources in my XBMC after I had restored from my backup.

One other thing is my games R-Type and R-Type II are no longer compatible so I can't install them. It's not a big issue because I have a proper gaming desktop PC attached to my TV too for real gaming. Just interesting why certain apps are compatible with certain firmwares.

+1 to Geniatech (myGica) for not forgetting this box.

Just upgraded my firmware successfully. So far so good. I know it's mentioned in this thread but I would suggest they change the name of setting 'voice' in SettingsMbox to 'audio'.

The mount points for my external hard disk had changed to I had to edit the sources in my XBMC after I had restored from my backup.

One other thing is my games R-Type and R-Type II are no longer compatible so I can't install them. It's not a big issue because I have a proper gaming desktop PC attached to my TV too for real gaming. Just interesting why certain apps are compatible with certain firmwares.

+1 to Geniatech (myGica) for not forgetting this box.

It is very rare that I have seen apps not being compatible with our box, only if they are not compatible with the Higher versions of Android.

The new firmware is a great improvement - thanks

Possible improvements

1) Currently the box can only output HDMI signals at 50Hz or 60Hz, it would be good if the hdmi could be set to 24Hz - most films / tv series are at this rate - in xbmc/kodi there is an option to adjust frame rate to the same as the video... (or there could be an extra option ATV1200 setting)

This would give super smooth playback because panning scenes can be jumpy, missed frames etc and can be demonstrated in the following video

This does afftect some other boxs, your probably notice this on your PC as well.... set to 24fps and its super smooth

2) Power button - It would be good if there was another option for "power off" - also it would be good if the box remembered what state it was in if the power to the box is removed... i.e. starts up in a stand by or power off state

Thanks R