Justin

Android 4.2 Upgrade for ATV 1200 **FEEDBACK**

XBMC Gotham, still is not compatible with all add ons in XBMC, and this 4.2 upgrade will now be included on future shipments of ATV 400 and 1200.

The XBMC Gotham 13.0 and 13.1 ARM edition works great for the ATV 1200 and 400...

But it runs without DTS support.

It is possible to get a mygica gotham xbmc version with DTS/DTS-HD support?

The Option to Select the Resolution is also away, it runs with 720p and no change are possible.

The application "settingsmbox" Will allow you to change the output mode under the Display settings, we suggest Auto Detect, since it will output to the highest resolution your TV can handle.

THX for the new FW.

I missed the option "SPDIF output" in the sound options. What happened with that?

You can find these settings in the Application, "SettingsMbox"

hello! I did exactly as described in the film finished loading the new firmware and the screen remained black, i can not do anything, has only red light, how can I bring it back to life? Thank you!

Sounds like you bricked your unit

Will have to be brought back to the store you purchased it from, or sent in for warranty.

XBMC Gotham, still is not compatible with all add ons in XBMC, and this 4.2 upgrade will now be included on future shipments of ATV 400 and 1200.

The XBMC Gotham 13.0 and 13.1 ARM edition works great for the ATV 1200 and 400...

But it runs without DTS support.

It is possible to get a mygica gotham xbmc version with DTS/DTS-HD support?

I will inquire about this with Mygica, since they will be having there own version of Gotham released soon.

Hi all,

After successfully upgrade, bluetooth dongle doesn't work. In the set-up menu of Android 4.2, bluetooth ability doesn't appear.

Could you confirm?

Thanks,

Sorry for last question. Afterwards I read you removed bluetooth ability for now.

Please consider again, since Bluetooth is useful to broadcast audio wirelessly to an external receiver.

Sorry for last question. Afterwards I read you removed bluetooth ability for now.

Please consider again, since Bluetooth is useful to broadcast audio wirelessly to an external receiver.

Yes we removed it, due to lots of customers emailing and calling asking why bluetooth would not work, and would not understand why we had it as a menu option in the settings if you have to use a bluetooth adapter to make it work.

We are working on getting our own bluetooth adapters first, before we add back the menu option.

We should have this resolved within the next few weeks.

When I go to change the resolution in "SettingsMBox" it is blank

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by this?

What is blank?

Justin

Thank you, the upgrade couldn't have been made any easier, and big thanks to the how-to video,

much appreciated. I've also installed xbmc 13 rc1, and rebuild from the ground up all of the

repo's/add on's, even-though i had made a full backup data folder of xbmc.

all and all I am very happy, however i'm still not sure that mygica is a good fit for the general population.

When i first bought the device I did not want to involve myself with the back end of it, a bit like buying

a netflix box if they ever sold one...and it would simply work, out of the box, so to speak.

Perhaps an OTA upgrade could have save you and customers some grief, time will tell on many

people will have bricked their box. The learning curve for such a device is of a double edge sword,

the customer as to learn about the workings of android OS, and secondly learning the workings of XBMC.

I fully understand mygica not wanting to be directly involve in the grey area of pre-installed add-on's

within the 4.2 ROM.

Anyways, I've learned lots and I'm look forward to eventually acquire your 4k ready box the ATV1800,

with quad 4 goodness... And ill pass this box to my sister.

Justin

Thank you, the upgrade couldn't have been made any easier, and big thanks to the how-to video,

much appreciated. I've also installed xbmc 13 rc1, and rebuild from the ground up all of the

repo's/add on's, even-though i had made a full backup data folder of xbmc.

all and all I am very happy, however i'm still not sure that mygica is a good fit for the general population.

When i first bought the device I did not want to involve myself with the back end of it, a bit like buying

a netflix box if they ever sold one...and it would simply work, out of the box, so to speak.

Perhaps an OTA upgrade could have save you and customers some grief, time will tell on many

people will have bricked their box. The learning curve for such a device is of a double edge sword,

the customer as to learn about the workings of android OS, and secondly learning the workings of XBMC.

I fully understand mygica not wanting to be directly involve in the grey area of pre-installed add-on's

within the 4.2 ROM.

Anyways, I've learned lots and I'm look forward to eventually acquire your 4k ready box the ATV1800,

with quad 4 goodness... And ill pass this box to my sister.

Good to hear you are enjoying your box

Please note we tried to get this update done as an over the air update, however upgrading the OS had to be done manually

We find from feedback that its very easy to use Android OS for almost everybody, especially since its used on a vast amount of tablets and mobile devices all over the world.

However using XBMC and setting it up can take some time and know how, however You Tube is a great thing on how to learn quickly on how to do this.

We just found supply on bluetooth adapters.

We will re add the bluetooth option soon.

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by this?

What is blank?

There are no options within it

You have to turn "Auto Output Mode" OFF

This will allow you to access and change the resolution setting.

Yes, even when I do this there are no options to select.

Yes, even when I do this there are no options to select.

Never seen this before.

Try factory resetting your box to see if this fixes this.

Hi all,

I have realized that in the Android previous version, you could set up at the Audio Menu the equalizer you desired (Pimp my Beats or whatever you had installed). Whith JB 4.2 it is no possible to choose any at the Android Audio Menu.

Could you recover this ability?

Thanks,

Hi all,

I have realized that in the Android previous version, you could set up at the Audio Menu the equalizer you desired (Pimp my Beats or whatever you had installed). Whith JB 4.2 it is no possible to choose any at the Android Audio Menu.

Could you recover this ability?

Thanks,

Would you be able to post a picture about this menu option you are referring to?

Will help me better in determining what you are referring to.

Hi all,

Now, with android 4.2 upgrade you cannot choose any default equailizer at the Sound Chapter of the Setup Menu. Previously (4.1) you can choose default eq.

Thanks,

Hi all,

Now, with android 4.2 upgrade you cannot choose any default equailizer at the Sound Chapter of the Setup Menu. Previously (4.1) you can choose default eq.

Thanks,

I just hooked up a ATV 1200 on 4.1, and went into the settings menu and sound, and I could not find this menu that you are talking about.

Can you please explain how you got to this part of the menu?

Hi Justin,

How much longer it is going to take till you will post the files and how to for ATV 400 upgrade? Thanks.

I will post it by tomorrow

Sorry for the delay

Hi Justin.

After upgrading, when I switch off the box from the IR remote, the front led turns red. After some time, it becomes green (without doing anything). After some more time, it becomes red again itself. Then green. The box have fallen in a switch off and on loop. Only possibility to stop this loop is a finger press of the power button. This behaviour is independent of the TV status off or on.

Regarding the equalizer posiibility on 4.1, please could you show a picture of the settings menu then sound(I cannot) ? I will show you afterwards.

Thanks for all,